Just got back from DL

TeacherDad

Mouseketeer
Stayed at BWPPI - no problems; clean room; shortest possible walk to DL of all the nearby hotels.

Crowds in DL - medium size crowds in the AM's on Wed. and Thurs., but very crowded on Fri from 11AM onward. Was told by a CM the previous Sunday had 61,000 in attendance.

Weather - warm and dry. Temps of 80F.

Fireworks - saw them Friday night. Amazing

Space Mtn. - excellent ride; even better with the new music theme

Soaring Over Cal. - a MUST do ride

Dole Whips - good (not excellent); basically a soft, tangy pineapple icecream. Not sure what all the fuss is about these. Just my opinion.

Longest wait time - Space Mtn on Friday night (70 min. in regular line) This was at 5:45 PM. I had a Fastpass and waited 8 min.

Rides down most often - Indy and Pirates

It will be busy if you go during SPring Break. We shared our Spring Break most noticeably with Texas and Arizona. You will share yours with other states when you go. There is no such thing as a Spring Break week with light crowds. Best 2 tips: Go on rides in Fantasy Land first. Then get fastpasses as soon as the next time to collect is available and use them anytime after the return time posted on the ticket. (See Hydoguys instructions on how to collect fastpasses). I got my Indy fastpass at 10AM, but used it at 7:30PM. Only once did a CM not allow me to use an 'expired' Fastpass. I immediately asked another CM if I could use it and he said yes. The first CM apoligized and told me it was only his second day on the job.

Any questions? I'll be glad to answer.

Glad you had a great time!! Sounds like you were able to work successfully around the crowds!! I also dont' see the fuss over the Dole Whips! It's okay but it's not THAT good! But you have to atleast try one so you know you're not missing out!

Andrea

How were the temperatures at night???? Could you wear shorts?? Did you need a jacket at night??

I wore a light jacket at night. One time I did not wear a jacket at night as the daytime temp was in the low 90's. I wore shorts and sandals each day.

As our trip gets closer and closer, I appreciate the current info. The tips are very helpful. Glad you had a great trip!:thumbsup2

We just got back too! Had a perfect trip and a wonderful time~ We also stayed at BWPPI at the stop light and it was perfect. Very close, clean, accomidating...the b-fast could add some yougurt and a few other fruits but was good. We upgraded our tickets to AP's - WooHoo - now I can't wait to plan our next trip. I have so much to say and so much to add soooo when my computer gets out of the shop I will do a trip report. :) It may be another week before I can get back on here - it's killin' me, lol. The weather was perfect - short/capri's during the day and pants with sweatshirts at night...beautiful weather. So i'll be back ---- hope everyone has a great time that is going this week..:thumbsup2

Stayed at BWPPI - no problems; clean room; shortest possible walk to DL of all the nearby hotels.

Crowds in DL - medium size crowds in the AM's on Wed. and Thurs., but very crowded on Fri from 11AM onward. Was told by a CM the previous Sunday had 61,000 in attendance.

Weather - warm and dry. Temps of 80F.

Fireworks - saw them Friday night. Amazing

Space Mtn. - excellent ride; even better with the new music theme

Soaring Over Cal. - a MUST do ride

Dole Whips - good (not excellent); basically a soft, tangy pineapple icecream. Not sure what all the fuss is about these. Just my opinion.

Longest wait time - Space Mtn on Friday night (70 min. in regular line) This was at 5:45 PM. I had a Fastpass and waited 8 min.

Rides down most often - Indy and Pirates

It will be busy if you go during SPring Break. We shared our Spring Break most noticeably with Texas and Arizona. You will share yours with other states when you go. There is no such thing as a Spring Break week with light crowds. Best 2 tips: Go on rides in Fantasy Land first. Then get fastpasses as soon as the next time to collect is available and use them anytime after the return time posted on the ticket. (See Hydoguys instructions on how to collect fastpasses). I got my Indy fastpass at 10AM, but used it at 7:30PM. Only once did a CM not allow me to use an 'expired' Fastpass. I immediately asked another CM if I could use it and he said yes. The first CM apoligized and told me it was only his second day on the job.
I also was at DLR last week & I agree with virtually everything that TeacherDad says 'cept.....he doesn't "fuss" about dole whips. :snooty:

Dole Whips are to be bought for your little one so you (me) can lick around the edge of the cup thus preventing too much drippage & ensuring you get to eat 1/2 of it. Also best when bought on a hot day &/or just before entering the Tiki Room.

Further....when passing the stand & there is no line,.... quickly purchase a Dole Whip Float & grab 4 spoons & straws for the family. Doesn't matter if you've just eaten or if your going to be eating soon. Split 4 ways it can be a dessert OR an appetizer. :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter