Just got back from concierge on the Magic..........

Trera

DIS Veteran
We just got home yesterday from a quick 3 night cruise on the Magic with our 2 year old DD and we had another amazing cruise.

At the sail away party, they had the big announcement of the two new boats with a huge streamer and confetti blast. (way more than the normal sail away party) everyone was super fired up about the new boats being announced.

The nice thing about this cruise, was that it had a sea day the first day instead of Nassau so we were able to have a wonderful Palo brunch with our favorite Palo server..........Sylvester. The food was great as always and on top of the normal grape and gorgonzola pizza, chicken parm and other goodies........we tried the truffle pasta special and the homemade lasagna that were both also great.

This was our first time doing the shows on the Magic and we found them all to be great! especially Tangled.

Thursday on the cruise they had a premier showing for Zootopia on board in 3D and continued running it throughout the cruise. We didnt have time to see it be we heard great things about the film from both the younger and older crowd.

We had cabana 8 on Castaway Cay and had a great time enjoying the beach all day but the weather was mostly cloudy. (would have been nice to see a little more sun)

The concierge lounge is really nice. I would say as nice as the Dream's lounge but a little smaller. The nice thing is that it overlooks the adult pool so you get to see the outside while enjoying the lounge. Our Hosts were Michelle and Julia and they both did an amazing job!! I would say that we had the best overall service of any of our previous concierge cruises (not that any of the others were bad). Our DD was treated like a princess by them at all times and she cried and cried when it was time to go home.

We found the overall experience awesome on this cruise and that is what keeps us coming back.

Let me know if you have any questions I can answer.

I honestly dont remember. The cruise director was a woman that was a brunette. She was nice enough but we only saw her before the shows when she was making announcements and going over activities.

I have a few questions, what room did you have? did you have breakfast in the concierge lounge? did they have the super "coffee maker" that makes the lattes and stuff? did the concierge team send you any surprises? - i know a lot of questions, first time cruise, trying to get all my questions answered- lol- tyia

I have a few questions, what room did you have? did you have breakfast in the concierge lounge? did they have the super "coffee maker" that makes the lattes and stuff? did the concierge team send you any surprises? - i know a lot of questions, first time cruise, trying to get all my questions answered- lol- tyia
We were in room 8582 which was the second time having this room on the Magic. We like it because it is starboard side for the CC view and close to cabanas, the nursery, restaurants and easy down to disembark for CC.

we did have breakfast in the concierge lounge one morning. They have pastries, cheeses, muesli, fruit and the super coffee maker.

Our DD is 2 and loved interacting with the hosts and playing games. The snuck into our room a prize one night for her and she was over the moon excited about it. They also had popcorn for the shows and movies as well as mickey rice crispy treats as needed.

Julia was one of our hosts but she was leaving for vacation and Andy was getting on to take her place.

You will have a great time. The Magic might be our favorite now after that last cruise!!

Sounds like you had a great trip! We've not sailed on the Magic yet but I'm happy to hear the positive review!

Sounds like you had a great trip! We've not sailed on the Magic yet but I'm happy to hear the positive review!
We had only done the Dream and Fantasy until last year about this time when we did the Magic. We really like it now even better with the concierge lounge.

Hard to be disappointed with any of the Disney Boats.

Was there outside seating at the lounge? If so, can you see fireworks from it? Do you still get free coffee drinks from Cove Cafe or did they stop that? Are there concierge character meet and greets? Are they in the lounge? Is there cocktails served during?

Was there outside seating at the lounge? If so, can you see fireworks from it? Do you still get free coffee drinks from Cove Cafe or did they stop that? Are there concierge character meet and greets? Are they in the lounge? Is there cocktails served during?
Yes, there is seating outside the lounge and it is shaded. The hosts walk you outside for the fireworks and the area where we were was great for viewing. Cafe cove is no longer included. We had Pluto in the lounge and it was great. Cocktails prior to both dinner settings.

We were on the Magic in concierge in January. Julia and Michelle were our concierge also. Michelle gave me her email address and I have lost it. I wanted to let her know that we were headed back in November. Did she happen to give it to you and if so, could you private message it to me?

Ive heard some stories about plumbing issues on deck 8 (we will be in 8034 end of April) did you see/smell anythng??

We were in Room 8582 and didnt smell anything on this trip.

On our trip last year we had sewer smell near Keys and also at the Adult Pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter