Just got back from a fabulous holiday !

cantwait!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mouseketeer
Flew in this morning had a fab time ! We loved flying with BA, their entertainment was great, so much choice and on time both ways. We LOVED SSR especially as we were put in the grandstand so close to everything and first stop on the buses thee and back. The bus service was great, so many times we walked up and our bus pulled up we never waited more than 15 minutes and that was rare.

Loved the dining plan ! So simple and so much choice, all our restaurants were fab and so varied ! Only criticism was too much food ! We spend a lot of our snack credits on things to bring home, biscuits, lollies etc.

The queues for the rides were not too bad at all and fast pass was a godsend. Animal kingdom and magic Kingdom were our favourites.

Only slight downside was the weather, the lat few days we havent seen much sun and its rained a lot but seeing as I was worried it was going to be too hot shouldnt complain !

We want to go back again next year and stay ar SSR again as we loved the space not having to sleep in the same room as the kids. Maybe we will do a cruise or something too to make it a bit different.

Happy to answer any questions anyone has

Think it will be a while before we come back down to earth !:)

Welcome home! Sounds like your trip was Practically Perfect In Every Way ;) I love reading reports like that.

Nice to hear a good report on BA too. How did you manage with security wait times at MCO? Did you collect your bags or did you use the second bag drop?

Oh and what were some of your favourite meals? Did you try any new ones that you felt are definitely worth doing again?

Did you do Photopass?

Sorry, you did offer to answer questions. :)

Sounds like you had a great time!!
Flight sales are on if your looking to book again!!! :rolleyes1

I forgot to say we did have a nightmare when we landed, their computers were down so they couldnt check our estas so we had to wait for an hour in a very hot corridor for them to take us by bus to another part of the airport where the computers did work ! After that it was easy !

I idnt find the magical express very easy to find, we took our own bags to be honest we never saw where to drop them off !

We've never eaten at Disney before but we loved all the table service ones really, especially Boma, Whispering Canyon, Ohanas, Nine Dragons. Maa Melrose was my favouite I had a gorgeous steak and we got appetisers too with the fantasmic package. Even ones I had heard bad reviews about like chef Mickeys and sci fi diner we really enjoyed.

We didnt do the photopass but there were lots of photographers around.

You may have struggled to find ME because you came in through a different section of the airport with the whole computer issue and being bused through elsewhere. That would explain why you would not have passed the second bag drop.

What meal did you do at Whispering Canyon (Breakfast, lunch or dinner)? I have a lunch booked but they have changed the menu and as non meat eaters and being somewhat picky eaters, it is looking a bit dodgy in terms of a sensible choice at this stage. DD desperately wants to eat there though so I have decided to keep it.

I like Chef Mickeys. I am not easily swayed by negative reviews anyway. We are skipping it this year because I opted to try Cape May. I didn't want to keep both as we are on the QSDP and I already have 7 TS booked so one more is really pushing it.

Howcome you decided not to do Photopass? Did it just not interest you or was it a question of the extra time involved for sometimes having to line up for your picture to be taken?

Oh and did you do any water parks?

Flew in this morning had a fab time ! We loved flying with BA, their entertainment was great, so much choice and on time both ways. We LOVED SSR especially as we were put in the grandstand so close to everything and first stop on the buses thee and back. The bus service was great, so many times we walked up and our bus pulled up we never waited more than 15 minutes and that was rare.

Loved the dining plan ! So simple and so much choice, all our restaurants were fab and so varied ! Only criticism was too much food ! We spend a lot of our snack credits on things to bring home, biscuits, lollies etc.

The queues for the rides were not too bad at all and fast pass was a godsend. Animal kingdom and magic Kingdom were our favourites.

Only slight downside was the weather, the lat few days we havent seen much sun and its rained a lot but seeing as I was worried it was going to be too hot shouldnt complain !

We want to go back again next year and stay ar SSR again as we loved the space not having to sleep in the same room as the kids. Maybe we will do a cruise or something too to make it a bit different.

Happy to answer any questions anyone has

Think it will be a while before we come back down to earth !:)

Hello, welcome back.

We came home on Monday and very depressed.

Like you, we loved saratoga, the dining plan, loved magic kingdom and animal kingdom. We were in the Paddocks. I am not even going to tell you how many snacks we had left, which we used as sweets to bring home - LOL. We left alot of C/S behind as well. Our last day was saturday and I was really looking forward to a chill day by the pool, we managed a few hours then the thunder/lightning came, the pool was shut two hours, then we decided to leave to pack.

Did look enviously at the disney cruise line coach that came to pick people up and drop them off. Just could not afford it with eight of us, but booked for me and DH on the med next year to try a cruise and of course its disney.

Glad you had a great time. We returned from SSR on Tuesday. I agree about it being too much food. At the end of the holiday we still had 17 unused CS meals. We stayed in the Paddock and tended to relax by the Paddock quiet pool. What was the quiet pool like in the Grandstand section? We spent our first night in the Grandstand, but we asked to move as our balcony was overlooking a rather unattractive car park. Did the Paddock pool get busy?

Glad you had a great time. We returned from SSR on Tuesday. I agree about it being too much food. At the end of the holiday we still had 17 unused CS meals. We stayed in the Paddock and tended to relax by the Paddock quiet pool. What was the quiet pool like in the Grandstand section? We spent our first night in the Grandstand, but we asked to move as our balcony was overlooking a rather unattractive car park. Did the Paddock pool get busy?

We were put in the grandstand, room was very dark, and outside completely obstructed by a huge tree - went down to reception and asked if we could have the springs (could have if wanted to move two days later) - ended up in paddock, but went to the springs pool as could use C/S and snacks there. Also one day did some bingo in the afternoon - lol. We kept meaning to go to the paddock pool but never got there. TBH did not use the pool much, no time !!!!.

So glad you had a wonderful time :goodvibes. Happy planning for the next trip - you know it is the only way to address the post holiday blues :)

Welcome back!
We were out there the same time as you staying in BLT. We flew back with BA on Tuesday and landed Wednesday morning.
Busy planning next year to beat the post holiday blues.

Sounds like you had a fantastic time, making me wanting to return just now, need to start the planning again.

weshould set up a ssr appreciation club!!
tracy

Our room in the grandstand overlooked the golf course and the river to the treetops villas so it was a really nice view. Didnt spend much time on the balcony though the air conditioning was so nice after the parks !

We did both water parks, we were really lucky at typhoon lagoon as we turned up just after it had reopened after a storm so it was really quiet, when we were getting changed a few hours later to leave it closed again ! I was surprised they were only open till 6 in our 2nd week, seems early.

Yes loved SSR, spoke to a lady who was staying at OKW and she said her room was really shabby so think we made the right choice.

The waterparks don't stay open that late even in the summer. But in the spring/summer busy months they do have EMH in the evenings once a week (one park per week) so with some planning you can be there until 8 or 9 pm. I don't know if they stopped that - I haven't checked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter