Just got back any questions?

Sherry - I totally agree. I didn't post in an effort to deter anyone from eating at the places I had bad experiences. Someone asked for my opinion so I gave it. Simple as that! I'd heard many terrible things about Storyteller's and went anyway. It ended up being my favorite place. To each their own.
~mm

Sherry - I totally agree. I didn't post in an effort to deter anyone from eating at the places I had bad experiences. Someone asked for my opinion so I gave it. Simple as that! I'd heard many terrible things about Storyteller's and went anyway. It ended up being my favorite place. To each their own.
~mm

You did what you were asked to do. We have never been to GK and had less than 6-8 characters. Both times we have been to Storeytellers twice and it was "BAD". We will try again in August, the only month we can go. We never do off season just for the fact that too many things are not up to speed.NR has always been top notch.
Hope you have a better experience next time.

Jack

~mm

Oh, I completely understood - I know you were just sharing your own experience. I always am endlessly fascinated by the whole phenomenon of how certain restaurants at DLR get horrible reviews by some and rave reviews by others! It is so wild how two groups of people can have totally different experiences at the same place. It both equally interesting and amusing to me! And luckily, you did keep an open mind about Storytellers and ended up enjoying it so it worked out great for you! It sounds like they had more characters than they usually have 'on duty.' I wish our OP, Minuet888, had the same experience there too.

Oh and by the way, I am not sure where the rest of the characters at Goofy's were that night you were there (the regulars are Goofy, Pluto, Chip, Dale and Baloo, and then there is normally a Princess or two wandering around, and maybe some others), but I can tell you that Genie and Captain Hook are not necessarily always there. Seems like they have been showing up more often this year according to some reports, but not last year. In fact, I have not personally seen Genie at Goofy's since about 1994:scared1: and I haven't seen Hook there since 2001! So I guess what they lacked in quantity of characters on the night you ate there was made up for by the quality of characters! (That is one way to spin it!;))

Weather was cloudy but not too cold in the morning, Tuesday the clouds parted and it got pretty warm, it was a bit cold and raining on Wednesday.

Minuet888 - I almost forgot to ask you (which was the whole point of your thread - to ask you questions about your trip!) - did you get any PhotoPass pictures taken? You reminded me of that when you mentioned using the MM and having no other people in your photos during that time. I just said that on someone else's thread the other day - they were going to have 3 days with MM and were not sure if they should use them all, and I suggested that even to use one of the MM days for the photographic opportunities alone would be worth it. You can snap pictures of things during that time that you don't have easy access to during the rest of the day because it is too crowded. It is a fabulous time to capture the little details and things of DLR on camera. And I found when I used the MM last year, some of the PhotoPass people were already out and that came in really handy to get uncluttered, nice pictures.

Also, you mentioned that the TSMM line sign said 40 minutes but it took about 25 - I totally agree with that. That TSMM line looks more ominous than it is, and the sign is sometimes misleading. I have always found that we get onto the ride in about 25 minutes, sometimes even less. They really keep things moving at a rapid clip!

Which characters were at Goofy's when you were there? The standard Goofy, Chip, Dale, Baloo ad Pluto bunch, or did you get some guest stars too? I really like their food a lot - so many choices and the bacon and fruit at the breakfast/brunch buffet is FANTASTIC!!! I think it is some of the best bacon and fruit I have tasted.

Anyway, it sounds like you had a great time! Will you do an official Trip Report with pictures for us?

Hi!
I a not sure how to do an official report (or post photos) Do I put the report in a certain place? I will try to remember everything we did for those days.
At Goofy's Kitchen there were Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale, Baloo, and a couple more.
We took 28 photo pass pics from both DL and DCA. My son doesn't do photo pass pics well as he has a hard time with eye contact.
Something really nice I have to say though:
I have to say the characters were very patient with my son. As I have mentioned before he is autistic. He was very particular in the way he acted with the characters. If he didn't know who the character was (Like Rafiki or Brother Bear because he hasn't seen those movies) then forget it he would hide behind me or my husband. WIth characters he knows like the Mickey gang and Winnie the Pooh we would start out with a wave, then Tyler would play peek-a-boo with the character from a far and slowly inch his way towards them. We then went to a high five, to a hug to a pic. There was one character though that he always ran straight to for a hug (and a kiss) which was Minnie Mouse, I think my son has a crush on Minnie Mouse.
The princesses were also nice at Ariel's Grotto and knew who he was before they got to our table. We have a friend there that works as the Royal Page/Herald and told the princesses about him. Jasmine was particularly nice and really seemed to know how to deal with someone like my son. She tried finding a common ground with him like asking him about the color of her outfit and stuff like that. My son ended up flirting with her and gave her a hug too.

My son got picked to talk to Crush (he only raised his hand because everyone else was) he told Crush he wanted to go "wimming" (his word for swimming). and then started to sing Eee-i-ee-i-no. We keep trying to tell him it's ee-i-ee-i-OO but he doesn't believe us.

Hi!
I a not sure how to do an official report (or post photos) Do I put the report in a certain place? I will try to remember everything we did for those days.
At Goofy's Kitchen there were Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale, Baloo, and a couple more.
We took 28 photo pass pics from both DL and DCA. My son doesn't do photo pass pics well as he has a hard time with eye contact.
Something really nice I have to say though:
I have to say the characters were very patient with my son. As I have mentioned before he is autistic. He was very particular in the way he acted with the characters. If he didn't know who the character was (Like Rafiki or Brother Bear because he hasn't seen those movies) then forget it he would hide behind me or my husband. WIth characters he knows like the Mickey gang and Winnie the Pooh we would start out with a wave, then Tyler would play peek-a-boo with the character from a far and slowly inch his way towards them. We then went to a high five, to a hug to a pic. There was one character though that he always ran straight to for a hug (and a kiss) which was Minnie Mouse, I think my son has a crush on Minnie Mouse.
The princesses were also nice at Ariel's Grotto and knew who he was before they got to our table. We have a friend there that works as the Royal Page/Herald and told the princesses about him. Jasmine was particularly nice and really seemed to know how to deal with someone like my son. She tried finding a common ground with him like asking him about the color of her outfit and stuff like that. My son ended up flirting with her and gave her a hug too.

My son got picked to talk to Crush (he only raised his hand because everyone else was) he told Crush he wanted to go "wimming" (his word for swimming). and then started to sing Eee-i-ee-i-no. We keep trying to tell him it's ee-i-ee-i-OO but he doesn't believe us.

Okay, first of all - about Trip Reports. Post your TR's over in the Disneyland Trip Report section of the board, which is here: http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27. You will see everyone's TR's and you can get a sense of what kinds of things are in them.

As for posting pictures, there are a couple of different ways to do it, but to me, it seems the easiest one is by using Photobucket. If you don't already have a Photobucket account, they are totally free! So you start an account, begin uploading your pictures right away. You can choose which size you want to upload them in - which you will see when you get in there - and that will determine how big the photos appear in your posts here. Once you have uploaded your pictures, you will notice that each photo has its own series of codes located either underneath or to the right of each picture. The only code you want is the one that says "IMG," which is usually the fourth code down, or the very last one. Simply click on the IMG code/link and highlight it, then Copy (Ctrl C) and paste (Ctrl V) the entire link right into your post or your Trip Report here in the DIS! Don't leave out any part of the code/link. Copy the whole thing, or the pictures won't appear. It's easy! Give it a try!

Your son sounds like he is precious! "Wimming!" How adorable! And he took quite a liking to Minnie and Jasmine, and chatted with Crush!! He must have been so thrilled. And you tell him not to worry because there are plenty of adults who have no clue who Koda and Kenai from Brother Bear are either, so he is not the only one who doesn't recognize them!!

It sounds as if you guys did all the character meals - how fun! I always wish I could squeeze in more than one per trip, but is hard to convince whoever I am with of that because the prices are so high, so we stick with what we KNOW we love, which is Goofy's. My friend is willing to pay for that because she loves it. If we went somewhere and she didn't like it and had to pay $$$, it would be toruble for me!!! But in December 2007, we did both Goofy's and Storytellers in one trip and I think my friend would prefer another place where we could order off the menu IF we are going to do another character meal at all. So I am thinking that the next multi-day trip will be Goofy's and Lilo and Stitch. Eventually I will coax her over to Minnie and Friends (she likes Pooh characters so that should be enough), but neither one of us cares about Princesses so we won't be doing Ariel's any time soon, I don't think!

We did do all the character meals.
Ariel's was by far the most expensive (we did lunch there) so we used our meal plan voucher there.
I loved Lilo and Stitch's, we practically had the place to ourselves. I thought the food was great, Lilo, Stitch, Goofy and Minnie were all there and I thought the place was themed really well from the music, decorations, to even the food. I believe the price was about the same as Goofy's Kitchen (we did breakfast at both Goofy's and Lilo's)

Funny that we had such opposite experiences at Goofy's and Storytellers.

As for MM.....we got there at 6:30 on Saturday and it was dead....like you said about Sunday. On Saturday, we were able to do all of Fantasyland in about 45 minutes. That included riding the Matterhorn three times in a row. There was no one in line so the CM let us stay on and ride through. On Sunday, we didn't get there until about 6:45 and the lines were pretty long. Longer than they ever got on Saturday. On Sunday, we did all of Fantasyland but it took the full hour. Tuesday was even worse. Regardless, I love MM. It's so nice to feel like you have the park to yourself. We have pictures that have no one in them but us....not a soul in the background. ;)
~mm

you can get in that early? I thought it was only an hour before the park opened? (oh, did the park open at 7:30?)

No we got in the park at 7am but I was told by some people that it can get crowded so get to the gates at 6:30am which we did. Sorry for the confusion.

that's ok, I was just confused since for us the park opened at 9. sounds like it was great so empty for you!

We're here now, and I just wanted to update that Peter Pan is open, and Snow White is already closed. :)

when we were on snow white last week it stopped in the middle and we had to walk off! very strange. are they refurbishing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter