Just got back - A DDP quick review!

hurleysweety

DIS Veteran
It was a wonderful trip. I was afraid I had over-exhausted my in-laws but I guess they had such a great time that MIL mentioned going again in 2 years and staying on the boardwalk (Boardwalk villas or beach club villas)!

Table Service
We loved Epcot because of the dining. We ate dinner there 3 times, all our favorite dinner meals - Le Cellier, Tutto Italia, and Coral Reef. We had superb service at all three and the best food overall. We also liked Yak and Yeti (DH loved this place and hasn't stopped talking about the steak and shrimp) and Cape May Cafe dinner. Boma was a total let down (very bad service), as was Ohana (dry meat, bad service). Liberty Tree Tavern was pretty good, but we would have rather had something else, we just needed an ADR for our MK night.

Counter Service
Pepper Market is the best use of DDP QS credit. Breakfast is not good there - very average. Salmon for dinner is delicious and dessert choices are good as well.

WPE in the DD Marketplace is ok - we didn't like the atmosphere, but its a great use of CS credit. I really enjoyed my pizza, but I love super thin crust. Salads are huge and salmon is good too. Meatloaf looks like a total gut bomb, but seemed like a popular choice while we were there so I can assume its good. Earl of Sandwich was by far our favorite, went there off the DDP because of the value, only $5.99 a sandwich!

Cosmic Rays is good for QS lunch when everyone wants something different. We went here twice for the choices alone - the food is pretty average, but the ribs and chicken are delicious for being QS, so get that on the DDP ($13.xx, great use of DDP)!

Sunshine Seasons is also great for families who all want different things. I love the variety here.

Starring Rolls was my favorite. Lots of meat in the sandwiches and the BEST desert selection for QS. Butterfinger cupcake is amazing!

Goods 2 Go was quite possibly the worst place ever to eat. Located at OKW, it was convenient for my in-laws to eat when they were hungry at the hotel. However, after only one experience where they were treated like garbage, we will never go back. I would rather walk 2 miles to SS or DD to eat then ever consider ordering here again. When FIL complained about the service, attitude, and general ordering process and problems with the food to the manager, he got nothing. No apology from anyone on staff - only a phone call to our room saying they would talk to the employee. Still no apology. On top of that there cheeseburgers were lukewarm and their brownies were melting. Don't eat here - ever.

Snacks
And like we were warned, we had lots of snack credits left. In fact, we spent most of our last day on the plan trying to figure out how to use them. We had 8 left and already a huge pack of water still left too. So what did we do? We got cookies, gingerbread mickeys, crumb cake, and other things we could have later (the food court at POR has some great to-go snack options like grapes and apples with caramel, and carrots and celery with ranch - they're also open til midnight if you have snack credits to burn!). If you're smart, there are all kinds of snack varieties, not just water, chips and soda or a cookie. Anything from nachos, smoothies and ice cream to cinnamon rolls, yogurt parfaits and international treats like crepes in France!

We would totally get the DDP again - we saved over $120 pp on average for 7 days and ate like Kings!

Full dining review to follow! :goodvibes

Welcome back!! we also spent most of our time in Epcot because it has the best dining options. We will be having 4 out of our 7 lunch TS at Epcot during our upcoming trip in August too. Can't wait to read your review :thumbsup2

I enjoy the dining plan, too. It sounds like you maximized the plan pretty well.

They do have a lot of fantastic dining in Epcot, sometimes I wish they would move some of those TS restaurants in Epcot over to Magic Kingdom...I was just trying to find a nice sit down restaurant in MK and it's near impossible!!!

Glad to hear your trip went well, we are doing the DDDP this Sept for the 2nd time and can't wait :thumbsup2

"We loved Epcot because of the dining. We ate dinner there 3 times, all our favorite dinner meals - Le Cellier, Tutto Italia, and Coral Reef. We had superb service at all three and the best food overall. We also liked Yak and Yeti (DH loved this place and hasn't stopped talking about the steak and shrimp) and Cape May Cafe dinner. Boma was a total let down (very bad service), as was Ohana (dry meat, bad service). Liberty Tree Tavern was pretty good, but we would have rather had something else, we just needed an ADR for our MK night."​

I'm anxious to read more, especially your reviews on Le Cellier, Coral Reef, and Yak and Yeti as I have reservations for those three for my first trip.

Sounds like a great trip, we also love all the EPCOT restaurants and have always gone to Le Cellier and Coral Reef on each trip, and have ADR's for these 2 in October, thankgoodness for hopper passes.

OKW is the worse place for any CS type items. The majority of people that are staying there do not need the service they offer, and that makes it quite a gamble! When we stay there we travel to DTD, or POR for food if we opt for a dining plan...

Thanks guys for encouraging the full review. I'm hoping to complete it rather quickly! :goodvibes

The link to the full review - without any actual reviews yet, haha, is in my signature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter