Just got back – some tips and advice for those yet to go/book

Great thread!

Question for anyone....Ill be staying at Cabana Bay in a few weeks over Easter weekend. I plan on taking the walking path a few times. Can i call and request a room thats close to the start of the path? Or should i just wait until check in? Advice please....

Great thread!

Question for anyone....Ill be staying at Cabana Bay in a few weeks over Easter weekend. I plan on taking the walking path a few times. Can i call and request a room thats close to the start of the path? Or should i just wait until check in? Advice please....

I'd call since it will likely be very crowded that weekend.

Great thread!

Do you have a room or a suite. The 3 building near the the beginning of the path are the building that are all suites. You'll need to have Courtyard Family Suite booked. The Tower buildings are in the other side of the other side of the resort.

Yes, I'd call the hotel directly. There seems to be a discount between the Universal Travel Agents and the hotel. Make sure any specific requests are noted on your ressie directly with the hotel.

This is our 1st trip. We have a 3 day park to park ticket. We plan to do 2 full days (open to close) but wanted to sleep in 1 day and just do a half day. I have the week pretty jam packed (doing MK, Seaworld, and a beach day as well) so I am trying to fit in pool/rest time where I can. Do you think 2 and a half days is enough time to do everything or should I push it to 3 full days? We are staying offsite and won't have express passes. Also it will be in June, one day is supposed to be moderate crowds and the other 2 are busy.

Do you have a room or a suite. The 3 building near the the beginning of the path are the building that are all suites. You'll need to have Courtyard Family Suite booked. The Tower buildings are in the other side of the other side of the resort.

I just have a regular room. It will be just me and my son.

So what building should I request that's closet to the path?

This is our 1st trip. We have a 3 day park to park ticket. We plan to do 2 full days (open to close) but wanted to sleep in 1 day and just do a half day. I have the week pretty jam packed (doing MK, Seaworld, and a beach day as well) so I am trying to fit in pool/rest time where I can. Do you think 2 and a half days is enough time to do everything or should I push it to 3 full days? We are staying offsite and won't have express passes. Also it will be in June, one day is supposed to be moderate crowds and the other 2 are busy.
Personally, I think you have enough time to do everything once and a few rides twice. We rode FJ and GB at least once daily. You just need to stay focussed on what your family wants. My kids had no interest in Seuss, so we did not spend time there. I would like to have seen ET, but the kids weren't into it. We spent a lot of time in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade, but that was important to us. I think for my family 3 days would have worked, we just would have spent more time in the park each day. If you are only staying for two nights, look into one of the premium hotels to see what it costs. It may not be a bad deal given that a package would include tix and express. We were there during a low/moderate period and I found the park VERY busy. I find the telephone agents are helpful and can help you figure it out, but you almost have to call back a few times. I'd probably spoken to about 5 agents before I booked, and then another 5 when calling back for price drops. The agent I spoke to when making final payment, asked me if I really needed the 5-park deal, and by adjusting us to the 3-park, saved us some more money. Definitely get the 2-park ticket if you want to ride the Hogswart Express; you will need this in order to transfer between parks.

I just have a regular room. It will be just me and my son.

So what building should I request that's closet to the path?

Instead of requesting a particular building, I'd pick close to the lobby. If you look at the layout of the resort.

14445538802_15ba998e03.jpg

The tower building with the rooms are Continental and Americana (on the left of the picture) The walking path starts on the bottom right side by Thunderbird.

Garden.png

We were at the furthest end of the hall away from the lobby. It only takes a couple of minutes to get to the lobby. The hotel really isn't that large compared to the value resorts at WDW.

We were at the furthest end of the hall away from the lobby. It only takes a couple of minutes to get to the lobby. The hotel really isn't that large compared to the value resorts at WDW.

I stayed about 3/4 of the way back the Americana Building and in a lot of ways, it reminded me of the hallways in the Boardwalk Villa. The distance from the lobby to the far end of Americana at Cabana Bayis about the same as the Distance from the the Lobby and long the Boardwalk View Rooms at the Boardwalk.

From the pov video a pp put on this thread, the walk from CB to Margaritaville is less then 13 minutes! That is way less then I thought it would be. That's great!
Thanks for the video- made me feel like I was there. It looks like when the walkway from CB is completed it will be a beautiful path.

From the pov video a pp put on this thread, the walk from CB to Margaritaville is less then 13 minutes! That is way less then I thought it would be. That's great!
Thanks for the video- made me feel like I was there. It looks like when the walkway from CB is completed it will be a beautiful path.

The path itself is basically complete now. When Sapphire falls gets done and you're not walking by a construction site it will be really nice. The information released with Sapphire Falls shows an offshoot of the current path bypassing the one road you cross just above the number 11. Looking at the location of the boat dock (10), they are discouraging people from walking from Cabana Bay to Sapphire Falls and picking up the boat there.

WPE5tn1.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter