• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just got an email that my FP+ was cancelled

I got the same email… this is crap we schedule fastpasses for the popular rides and then lose it??

What? You are totally misunderstanding. This is a GIFT. You now how the opportunity to use the FP+ for TSM any time during that day. It's total flexibility! What's not to like???

I got the same email… this is crap we schedule fastpasses for the popular rides and then lose it??

They just recently decided that they will be having Frozen fireworks all summer and the ride will not operate for at least an hour (I think it's more like an hour and a half) before fireworks due to the location of the area and the danger concerning fireworks fallout since they need the time to clear everyone out of the area and prepare it for fallout (which usually means spraying it all down with water to make sure nothing catches fire)...and it won't reopen if the park closes soon after the fireworks show.

I do suppose in a perfect world they would have set up a fireworks show long before the 60 days for booking...but they didn't. You'd get the same thing if they ended up closing the park for a private party.

Actually it's the best alternative they can give, because you can now use that one FP slot to ride anything you want, even headliners, at any time during the day. So you haven't lost the FP, just the time.

I just looked at it and tried. Don't move anything. According to the email, we didn't lose the FP. You can pick any of the attractions listed in the email but just a different time of day. Works out if you want to do ToT twice in a row! :banana: Besides with everyone receiving the same email you may not get what you originally scheduled.

I was hoping I could change one of my remaining Tier 2 FP+ into a Tier 1 since I don't have any Tier 1 booked right now. Unfortunately, it only allows you to select another Tier 2.

I was hoping I could change one of my remaining Tier 2 FP+ into a Tier 1 since I don't have any Tier 1 booked right now. Unfortunately, it only allows you to select another Tier 2.

I love when rides go down. Then you can use your FP early. :)

I love when rides go down. Then you can use your FP early. :)

Only if they know in advance the ride will be closed. Otherwise you can't use it till after the time it was scheduled for. We went to BTMRR at the designated FP time and the ride had shut down and we got the e-mail at that time saying we could ride any ride listed the rest of the day.

In this case they are giving you all day because they know in advance.

A word of advice though. Say you have RNRC FP for 10:00 and Star Wars for 12:00 and you try to use your FP replacement for one of those rides earlier than the time stated or for that matter any ride in the FP line. It will then use the good all day pass against that ride and you would effectively lose your FP to Toy Story.

I would check with a CM at one of the kiosks that day to make sure of the policy.

Only if they know in advance the ride will be closed. Otherwise you can't use it till after the time it was scheduled for. We went to BTMRR at the designated FP time and the ride had shut down and we got the e-mail at that time saying we could ride any ride listed the rest of the day.

In this case they are giving you all day because they know in advance.

A word of advice though. Say you have RNRC FP for 10:00 and Star Wars for 12:00 and you try to use your FP replacement for one of those rides earlier than the time stated or for that matter any ride in the FP line. It will then use the good all day pass against that ride and you would effectively lose your FP to Toy Story.

I would check with a CM at one of the kiosks that day to make sure of the policy.

Sorry, I should have clarified. I meant I love when I get the email that a ride is down. Happened a couple of times last year. The email came well before the FP time, and the ride was working during our FP window, but since it had gone down earlier in the day, they cancelled it anyway. Still got to ride, and much earlier than we planned. So much more convenient! :goodvibes

Good deal actually. now you can ride TSMM at any time you want up until it closes for the fireworks. Would only stink if you actually weren't arriving to the park until after 8:00 p.m.

We are due to arrive on mid-afternoon on 7/16 and decided to go to HS that evening. We booked BOTH GMR and TSMM. Both of these FPP have been cancelled but as far as i can tell we are only getting one of the flexible FPP in exchange. so now only a FPP for ToT and the flexible FP are showing in MDE. Did we lose one of our golden FPP?

Any idea why TSMM would be cancelled?

"We're sorry, your previously confirmed FastPass+ selection for Toy Story Midway Mania! from 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM on 08/04/2014 is no longer available due to an unexpected change in the operating schedule.

As a replacement, you may now visit any one of the following FastPass+ experiences on 08/04/2014, anytime after 9:00 AM through end of day. (Valid Theme Park admission is required and your FastPass+ selection can only be redeemed during normal Theme Park operating hours excluding Extra Magic Hours):

Experiences
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith
Star Tours® – The Adventures Continue
Indiana Jones™ Epic Stunt Spectacular!
Lights, Motors, Action!® Extreme Stunt Show®
Muppet*Vision 3D
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™
Toy Story Midway Mania!
Voyage of The Little Mermaid

There is no action needed to select the experience in advance. During the designated day and time, just arrive at the FastPass+ entrance to one of the experiences above and touch your MagicBand to enter!"

While many folks have chimed in that HS is likely closing at 8pm that evening, these comments do not solve your problem.

If you really want Toy Story Mania that evening and you are unable to obtain an earlier time because all FP+ have already been allocated, there is a solution:

Go to Guest Relation inside HS on that same day and they can 'over ride' the system and give you a Toy Story FP+.

I would take along a picture and/or print out of the message you received with the details that your Toy Story FP+ became unavailable. Bring that with you and tell your credible story to a Cast Member at Guest Relations.

I had a problem with my FP+ and was told that only Cast Members at the Guest Relations in the same Park can 'over ride' the system when FP+ become unavailable.

But since I have been known to wear a belt with suspenders - book a third FP+ now and tell your story on the day that you really wanted Toy Story Mania FP+.....only if you cannot get a FP+ for Toy Story before your trip.

HS is not closing at 8. The area where Toy Story Mania is will be shutting down around 8 to block it off for safety reasons prior to the Frozen fireworks show. Anyone who had a FP after 8 on a day when there will be fireworks will get one of these notices.

No need for the OP to rebook to get TSM as they can now ride TSM whenever they want while it is open on that day. The only reason they might need to go to Guest Relations is if the "anytime" FP doesn't work when they try to use it.

While many folks have chimed in that HS is likely closing at 8pm that evening, these comments do not solve your problem.

If you really want Toy Story Mania that evening and you are unable to obtain an earlier time because all FP+ have already been allocated, there is a solution:

Go to Guest Relation inside HS on that same day and they can 'over ride' the system and give you a Toy Story FP+.

I would take along a picture and/or print out of the message you received with the details that your Toy Story FP+ became unavailable. Bring that with you and tell your credible story to a Cast Member at Guest Relations.

I had a problem with my FP+ and was told that only Cast Members at the Guest Relations in the same Park can 'over ride' the system when FP+ become unavailable.

But since I have been known to wear a belt with suspenders - book a third FP+ now and tell your story on the day that you really wanted Toy Story Mania FP+.....only if you cannot get a FP+ for Toy Story before your trip.

The park is not closing at 8pm. Rather the area is going to be closed from 8pm on because of the fireworks. There is no need to go to guest relations since the FP+ they had for that time is now good at Toy Story from 9am until 7:59pm.

Mine got cancelled too. I didn't read carefully and missed that I could do TSM anytime during the day, and I rearranged my schedule and picked a different TSM time. Oh well, live and learn, live and learn.

Are they going to have a Frozen fireworks show _and_ Fantasmic every night? Sounds like they're loading up the park with nighttime attractions!

I saw a reference on another thread about the need to limit the "almost dangerous" crowds watching Wishes at night. Besides the mania for all things Frozen right now, is this also a result of wanting to draw more people out of MK in the evening?

Frozen show is every night from July 5 - September 1.

Yes, it's a good bet they wanted to draw guests to DHS who would otherwise be crowding into Magic Kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter