just got a Keurig...we were recently dubbed the Keurig Krew......

You can usually get a box of 18 cups for 9.99. Depending on the brew you may get two cups out of it. I have the three button version (not sure of oz sizes) and can combine the large and small in a travel mug and it tastes fine. Likewise, at work I can use the medium twice and get two decent cups out of it (of course I work midnights so we're not to picky!!)

The 18 packs are "retail store" packages. Everything online is the 24/25 pack and those can be had for the same $9.99. Unless you are combining with brick and mortar coupons, online is the way to go if you are shopping by price. I have nothing against supporting local merchants though.

Processing a single kcup twice can work but it could come with a cost. Flavor, body, etc. You could also add some bitterness. It doesn't hurt to try though. As Bob would say, "They can't hit ya!". :)

My favorite is Coffee People Donut Shop. Good stuff. Also like Deitrich French Roast, Carabou Roast and Timothy's Columbian. We order just about all our K cups from Amazon. We are "Prime" members (we get so much stuff from amazon, its worth it....), so 2-day shipping is free and additional discounts are available when you do the subscribe and save as well. We get 48 cups for around 19.50. I have one in my office and one at home and WE LOVE IT!!!

My favorite is Coffee People Donut Shop. Good stuff. Also like Deitrich French Roast, Carabou Roast and Timothy's Columbian. We order just about all our K cups from Amazon. We are "Prime" members (we get so much stuff from amazon, its worth it....), so 2-day shipping is free and additional discounts are available when you do the subscribe and save as well. We get 48 cups for around 19.50. I have one in my office and one at home and WE LOVE IT!!!

What Jill said. :thumbsup2

I'm the only coffee drinker in the house. I tried the Senseo first. Blech! Never found a decent pod of coffee. I bought my Keurig about a year ago and haven't looked back since. My favorite is Coffee People Donut Shop too. The Coffee People Kona Blend is tasty also. I used to order the 24 packs straight from Keurig, but have since discovered the Amazon option, which is a much better deal, particularly once you find something you really like, i.e., the 48 cups for <$20 and free shipping (I'm a Prime member too).

LOVE our Keurig!! it is one of the things i will miss most about living at my mother's house, hahahah.

like other posters have mentioned, i use it as a quick hot water dispenser as well. so convenient! :thumbsup2

I received a BB&B gift card for Christmas, so I think I'm going to "take the plunge" and get a Keurig.

Two things still confuse me:

1) What's the difference between the large version and the smaller size ? If both make just one cup at a time, why would I want the larger one ? Does it heat the water more quickly ?

2) And yet another hot chocolate question. If I want to, say, make a cup of cocoa and then make a cup of coffee, do I have to clean the machine in between the two ?

Thanks.

Thanks to georgemoe, simonkodousek, dalt01, and mom2threets for decaf recommendations and/or online retailer info. I picked up a couple boxes of Green Mountain French Roast Decaf tonight since I had some coupons (they didn't have any Dark Magic decaf in stock). Since I enjoy Starbucks, and I've heard their coffees are "over roasted," I figure the French Roast may work for me.

I'll have to try the other decaf recommendations as well:
- Green Mountain Dark Magic
- Timothy's Rainforest Espresso
- Timothy's Decaf Colombian

And I'll definitely check out the online retailers:
- Amazon
- Bigcatcoffees
- Coffeewiz

:surfweb:

From reading all your posts now I want a Keurig coffee maker.... I love them... My uncle has one in his lunchroom at work and the coffee is so good.... :cheer2::grouphug:

I received a BB&B gift card for Christmas, so I think I'm going to "take the plunge" and get a Keurig.

1) What's the difference between the large version and the smaller size ? If both make just one cup at a time, why would I want the larger one ? Does it heat the water more quickly ?

2) And yet another hot chocolate question. If I want to, say, make a cup of cocoa and then make a cup of coffee, do I have to clean the machine in between the two ?

Thanks.

I would love to know the answers to these questions too.

I am seriously considering buying one. BB&B had The Keurig 3 cup size and water dispenser for $129. If I used a their 20% off coupon and use my gift card, it will only cost me about $50 out of pocket. hmmmmmm???

The difference with some smaller ones is that they don't have a resevoir to hold water in so you're filling it for each cup you make. Mine has a resevoir and we can get through about 5 regular cups of coffee before I have to put more water in.

Thanks.

No cleaning required. The grounds from the coffee stay in the k-cup so all you have to do is take out the k-cup and toss your hot chocolate cup in, or in the case of using your own powder in the cup, just leave it empty and let the water run through to make your hot chocolate.

Ok....I've been accused of costing people money with recommending things like the Kindle.

Because of this thread John and I are now the proud owners of a Keurig Platinum V70.

I used a 20% off coupon (that expired in October) at BB&B.

John's making a cup right now at 9:37pm.

The Dis can be expensive.

Ok....I've been accused of costing people money with recommending things like the Kindle.

Because of this thread John and I are now the proud owners of a Keurig Platinum V70.

I honestly think that you won't be disappointed. You may have to experiment before you find the K-cup(s) that you love, but once you do, it's SO CONVENIENT and great to have your own personal brewed cup of coffee whenever you want one.

I got my Keurig! I even work at a coffee shop. It breaks my heart to throw coffee down the drain and so now I dont have too! I use my own coffee(I get one pound for free a week) with the kcup filter. Really is good coffee for something brewed so fast.:thumbsup2

Hi,
I am a nurse in a Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. I had one--which I love--I brought it in one night everyone loved it so much that the Doctors bought us one for Christmas 2 yrs ago. I think about 7 or 8 of my co workers have them now. We all love it! My kids use it to make oatmeal, noodles or anytime a recipe calls for hot water we use it. It is the best investment ever!

If you like Chai tea as much as I do try the Cafe Escape brand (I found it at Bed,Bath&Beyond) It's very good.

We have been thinking about getting one also... You guys are awful. :)

Welcome to the collective. :goodvibes

Seriously, a big part of the enjoyment of the Keurig is the opportunity to try out different coffee's without having to brew a whole pot. Its also great when you want French Vanilla and John wants Hazelnut.

Val & I have been enjoying ours for a couple of months now and the novelty hasn't worn off.

I'd also second George's recommendation about the coffeewiz website and their discussion boards.

******Welcome to the dark roast side :darth: :surfweb: ******

DisneyKevin said:

Coffee People Donut Shop Coffee
has been the closet to DD coffee I have found. We too are now a Keurig family as Christy previously posted. Ian got her the Coffee Maker (I am forbidden from buying Christy anything with a power cord for her birthday), and I got her K-kups. We are loving the Donut Shop coffee and it does taste great. I use two pods on the 6oz setting for my Cove Cafe Cup.

BJ's has one for $139 (I think it is the V70) that comes with 72 Kcups.

That seems like a pretty good deal too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter