• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Got A Call From Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got that at the wyland gallery too at the boardwalk, only it was worse because we were only looking at the crystal, my mom wanted to get me the cockatoo because I have a bird and collect the swarovski crystal, this guy comes over and says thats SWAROVSKI crystal and gave us this look like we couldnt afford it, I know we were not dressed fancy who is while they are having fun? I felt so unwanted in that store.
to the op Id love the mk view, so glad you got it.

I wouldnt give wyland gallery a red cent. If they were giving stuff away for free I would say no thanks . I went in there once and felt as if I was a waste of their time.

Wow...I am shocked to hear of this bad service at the Wyland Galleries! I have several Wyland's on my walls and have never had anything but exceptional service...from his studios in Hawaii. I've met him several times, I am sure he would be very disappointed to hear this as well. Yikes!

Just an fyi. After all the issues we had at the Poly, my wife spoke with the General Manager concerning the problems we were having at the resort. They gave us a wishes cruise, with a full cheese/fruit/drinks spread, that night. They also decorated it with a birthday banner for our dd, who turned one this trip, and they also put an anniversary banner on it as well. This was a nice send off, as the next day we moved to the CR.

The management staff at the Poly really stepped up when it counted. Their only problem seems to be getting some of their employees to value customer service as much as they do. I would still recommend the Poly, as it is a great resort. I also recommend people to speak up when they feel they are not getting the level of service they are entitled to. It is hard for management to keep tabs on everything. Unless you let them know about problems, they cannot take the necessary steps to prevent them in the future.

For those of you who feel we are not entitled to "complain" because we are using a discount, you really have alot to learn about customer service. If we are both paying for a concierge room, irregardless of the amount we pay, we are still buying the same product/service. We are both entitled to the same level of service/treatment. The people who feel otherwise seem to have a personal issue with the fact that we were able to use a discount. That is not our problem. Disney offers discounts to their employees. We have a friend who allows us to use them, so we do. It allows us to spend 12 or 13 days at a deluxe, versus 6 or 7 if we paid rack rate. I understand them bumping us from the lagoon view because of the cm discount, and I am fine with that. At first we were disappointed, because it was a mistake on Disney's part that the room type was overbooked. We moved on.

My point is that if you accept mediocre service, you get mediocre service. I for one will not accept mediocre service. I will be professional when "complaining", but I will still address problems when they arise...irregardless of how much I paid.

P.S. We bought into DVC this trip... :cheer2:

:hug: Hope your anniversary was great along with princess: birthday. I hate to hear there were probs but, I think if there was a prob with over booking it shouldn't have anything to do with cost or discounts it should be who reserved it first. If it is like in your case going to be a downgrade then the last to reserve should be downgraded. If it would be a value resort overbooked then the first to reserve should get the upgrade to moderate. Things like this shouldn't happen, but this is life and they do. I would be very disappointed if it happened to me. But embracec life and enjoy...it sounds like in the end having the wishes cruise and all the extras made a wonderful trip. I am not having anything on our trip as a special day but it will all be special. About staying longer cause I want to stay and others are going to have to have somewhere else to stay. I should have thought of that when I booked. Do unto others as you would have done unto you. I sure wouldn't want to get to my hotel and they tell me that I didn't have a room after driving for 18 hours cause someone else didn't want to leave. Just as I wouldn't want that to be told to someone else just cause wanted to stay and play longer. Hope everyone has a pixiedust: trip!

Sal316 said:
Just an fyi. After all the issues we had at the Poly, my wife spoke with the General Manager concerning the problems we were having at the resort. They gave us a wishes cruise, with a full cheese/fruit/drinks spread, that night. They also decorated it with a birthday banner for our dd, who turned one this trip, and they also put an anniversary banner on it as well. This was a nice send off, as the next day we moved to the CR.

The management staff at the Poly really stepped up when it counted. Their only problem seems to be getting some of their employees to value customer service as much as they do. I would still recommend the Poly, as it is a great resort. I also recommend people to speak up when they feel they are not getting the level of service they are entitled to. It is hard for management to keep tabs on everything. Unless you let them know about problems, they cannot take the necessary steps to prevent them in the future.

For those of you who feel we are not entitled to "complain" because we are using a discount, you really have alot to learn about customer service. If we are both paying for a concierge room, irregardless of the amount we pay, we are still buying the same product/service. We are both entitled to the same level of service/treatment. The people who feel otherwise seem to have a personal issue with the fact that we were able to use a discount. That is not our problem. Disney offers discounts to their employees. We have a friend who allows us to use them, so we do. It allows us to spend 12 or 13 days at a deluxe, versus 6 or 7 if we paid rack rate. I understand them bumping us from the lagoon view because of the cm discount, and I am fine with that. At first we were disappointed, because it was a mistake on Disney's part that the room type was overbooked. We moved on.

My point is that if you accept mediocre service, you get mediocre service. I for one will not accept mediocre service. I will be professional when "complaining", but I will still address problems when they arise...irregardless of how much I paid.

I sincerely believe that when people politely and professionally complain about inferior service that it helps everyone in the long run. If no one says anything, then service will only get worse. My family laughs when I say that this is my mission in life, paving the way to make life easier for others! LOL. On another note, I completely agree about receiving good service when using a discount. I don't think the people who are so quick to say that you deserved 2nd class service would say that they deserve poor quality food if they use a coupon at the grocery store! And yes, it's the same thing.
Glad your trip went well, are you already planning your next visit? :rotfl2:

LUVCHIPNDALE said:
Ok guys, all is goping great at the CR, phenominal view of the castle from the 10th floor......We even extended our trip till Wednesday , to make up for the first few days that didnt go so well.. I will write a trip report when I am back..
As for ??about was wrong with service at the Poly, to be honest it was a ton of little things that after 4 days of things continously happening it got to be to much to deal with.. a few examples, only 2 lights worked in our room and they didnt know why or how to fix it, I forgot to leave mousekeeping a tip one morning after leaving one everyday and they decided not to leave me towels that day, I went into the Wyland gallery to talk about purchasing a picture that was a few thousand dollars and the cm says, "I think that might be out of your price range!" I was in shock that someone would say that to a customer...there are many other things but they are not even worth mentioning, as I said they are all little thing and alone would mean nothing but all together just a pain...we are having a great time now at the CR and had a great anniversary and bday for the baby!! Talk to you all soon and questions feel free to ask..

Just curious - what exactly were the issues aside from this? You got a Wishes cruise for lights not working, no new towels and a snarky comment from a CM?

I don't think anyone has issues with you having a discounted room and complaining...even if the room was free and you had issues you still have a right to complain! If that were the case think of all the AP'ers, CM discounters, FL residents and lots more who get dicounts....that would cut the complaints down by half I'm sure!

I'm so glad your trip and special occasions turned out well. I will be there in a couple of weeks and appreciate you speaking up, thanks so much.

Looking forward to hearing about your Contemporary stay as well :sunny:

Just take this thread with a grain of salt. The OP posted that they were going to make an issue out of the resort problem when they arrived, it appears that they did. The issue is not the discounted room being changed, the cms know that they are the first rooms to change if there is a problem(overbooking, etc.). The issue will come later when the rules for redemption of the cm rate are more structured to limit who may use them! Again, it is a priviledge to get to use a cm discount(especially if you are not one), not a requirement.

Sal316 said:

That's great to hear! Sounds like you approached management with your disappointment in a very civilized manner (ie.: not yelling, screaming, throwing a tantrum) and received the desired result. I agree that it shouldn't matter how much you paid for the room, I think you mentioned earlier that they told you the reason you were bumped was because of the date you booked, not the rate at which you booked at. I'm sorry to hear that some of the CM do not take customer service seriously, hopefully that is being addressed.

Congrats on your DVC purchase! What is your home resort? That is a great investment...here's to many years of more birthday and anniversary trips! party:

Out of your price range? OMG!

A few days after Hurricane Andrew we took a trip to Disney as we had two babies and no power and it was unbearably hot. The parking CM said, as he was taking our money, "Hey, looks like you need a new paint job." My husband said, "The paint job was just ruined by Hurricane Andrew," and the CM smirked and said, "Yeah, yeah, yeah," and waved us on.

I guess a lot of them are are just kids but politeness should be part of CM training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter