Just Got a Call from DCL about the Fantasy MV Date Change

Just sent an email to DCL! Fortunately we are able to fit in with the revised Itinerary as we planned to arrive 29th March!

Phil :)

We got our call the other day and just moved the money to a different cruise. DH decided to do a last Magic cruise so we'll hit the Fantasy later that year. They were very good about letting us move the money onto one of our Dream cruises since we haven't decided on a new Fantasy date yet.

We are greatful to the OP of the thread for bringing this to our attention. Disney didn't contact us via phone or email but because I saw this my DH was able to contact them to find out what was happening. As it turns out they didn't have our phone number correct on their records:eek:

After a lot of calls made both to and from Disney over the last couple of days(with the exception of the 25th) we have managed to sort it out so that we are on the 31st MV:thumbsup2:cool1:

A big thumbs up to the CM who had to deal with DH who called them whilst under the influence of christmas spirit on boxing day afternoon(26th) UK time which was around 9am in the states - all is well

Although the dates are now changed DH has been told that it is not set in stone - so watch this space it could all change again - however if it does we won't be able to change again because of the schools, and we will just have to enjoy the Fantasy on a cruise rather than MV!

happy sailing everyone and Happy New Year to you all
Jojo

CM told me when I booked that due to this being a MV, the deposits were non refundable. Does anyone know if our deposits that were non refundable for the 4/7/12 original MV are now refundable? :confused3

We were on the 11 night Magic cruise last week and the onboard booking person told us that the Maiden Voyage had changed for the Fantasy to one week earlier. She said they had just started calling passengers on the 27th to start moving them. I wanted to book the April 7th date as a regular booking but she said at this time no bookings could be made for that week until all current passengers were moved to the new maiden voyage. So that is likely why neither of those weeks are showing on the DCL site.

CM told me when I booked that due to this being a MV, the deposits were non refundable. Does anyone know if our deposits that were non refundable for the 4/7/12 original MV are now refundable? :confused3

Yes, somebody on the meet thread for the 4/7 sailing has had confirmation in writing from Disney that if you remain on the 4/7 sailing the deposit is now refundable.

Yes, somebody on the meet thread for the 4/7 sailing has had confirmation in writing from Disney that if you remain on the 4/7 sailing the deposit is now refundable.

Thank you Wickesy. I will check out the meet thread for 4/7

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter