• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just found this on msn

tiggersam00

Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!
Ok, so this does not have to do with my DFTW but I just came across this article online and thought HOLY COW!

They have 4 daughters all getting married in 2009!!!! Can you imagine planning not 1 but 4 weddings in a year!! Crazy!:scared1:
4 Weddings 1 Year

Good article Sam! If I was one of the four I would postpone mine - I wouldn't let my dad give up his classic car to finance the wedding. JMHO!

I know, I feel bad for the guy giving up his dream car to pay for a wedding... maybe for his sake they will get some nice company to finance them for him..

I personally think it is a little selfish on their part. I would never put my parents through that.

IMO that is horrible. To let their parents do that to pay for a wedding?!?!?!

We are in modern times- maybe they should consider paying for their weddings themself.

Off my soapbox now.

I didn't read the article, but could you imagine the cat fights that would ensue!?!

They'd all be arguing about colours and flowers and everything!!

even if there was one bridezilla in the bunch it woul dbe horrible for everyone lol!

The parents could easily tell them they have to pay for it on their own. If they want to pay for it then oh well they chose too and they are doing what they have to do to pay for it. I mean if they are finding ways to afford it and they want to do it then good for them.

I can totally see somebody making a movie out of this lol!

I guess whatever works for them

But have to say
wow that is throwing a lot at their guests as well

I'd imagine after the second wedding and third shower
some poor cousin is going to decline the invite to the fourth
because they simply cant afford another wedding gift

Just because someone wants or offers to do something doesn't mean letting them do it is right. The right decisions are often the hard choices. That's kind of what being an adult is all about and it sucks lol

Clearly him selling his car proves they cannot afford 4 weddings....

I guess whatever works for them

But have to say
wow that is throwing a lot at their guests as well

I'd imagine after the second wedding and third shower
some poor cousin is going to decline the invite to the fourth
because they simply cant afford another wedding gift

Well they are step-sister so depending on family situations some relatives may only be invited to the ones they are actually related to, they might not be too bogged down. It really depends on how long they have been together/apart of each others families.

Also it sounds like all the couples have been engaged for a year or so by the time they are getting married. So it sounds like they might have been able to save/plan appropriately. However it does kind of such that all four are in the same year.

I never thought of the whole guest side of it... Imagine being a female in that family.... 4 showers.... 4 bachalorette parties.... 4 weddings... and maybe even engament parties! Thats crazy money to spend! Actually I just realized I am going to 7 weddings in the next year, so I guess I better start saving lol!

I saw this also on the Today Show. I think it is horrible that they are allowing their dad to give up his vintage car. I have a friend whose in-laws took out a second mortgage on their house to give them money towards the wedding. My friend did not want to accept it but they insisted since they did it for the other 5 kids. Me and my DF are paying for most of our wedding since the economy is so bad and affecting our parents. We also live in NYC which has the highest rate for weddings (most of my friends have spent no less than $45,000 and that was for nothing spectacular). This is why we are doing Disney! More for the buck and it is different then everyone else! haha Seriously, I would NEVER allow my dad to sell his car or anything else that he collects all for a wedding. They are selfish! Craziness!!!:crazy2:

I never thought of the whole guest side of it... Imagine being a female in that family.... 4 showers.... 4 bachalorette parties.... 4 weddings... and maybe even engament parties! Thats crazy money to spend! Actually I just realized I am going to 7 weddings in the next year, so I guess I better start saving lol!

HAHA Yeah that has to suck lol!

Last year one of my clients was in 3 weddings and went to like 4 lol!

Anyway if the guy is choosing to sell his car it's his choice who cares. Nobody is making them and if the kids are then it's their fault for spoiling their daughters.. its what they are choosing to do to them it obviously feels like the right thing to do. Oh well good for them!

It would be cute if they had just one big wedding:laughing:

No way in hell would my parents spend money like that. They flat out told me they weren't paying for mine lol. No way would my dad sell his car either lol and I would feel bad and would not want him to do that. I know how much a car is important to a man LOL!

haha, boys and their toys! He didnt really seem too upset about selling the car eithier, but your right Lynn, its totally his choice!

I agree with Lynn--he wasn't forced to sell his car.

He's probably been LONG aware that he'd have a lot of wedding expenses in the future since he's got 4 daughters; he probably made peace with the fact that selling his car would give him some money to help his kids begin their new lives. If I had kids getting married, my husband and I would probably do the same thing; let's be honest here--it's not like you can take the car with you into the next life!!! :rotfl:

Besides, he or one the relatives said that everyone is pitching in for the weddings anyway, so they all seem pretty happy and laid-back about everything.

My sister and I are both engaged, She is getting married in june, and i'm getting hitched in october. I got lucky, my family is doing well despite the economy. I just don't know how well it went over when the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th sister got engaged. I had to ask permission from my bridzilla sister to get engaged to avoid conflict.

My sister and I are both engaged... but we always say that's what my parents should have expected having us so close together.

We get a lot of funny questions- like are you having a double wedding?

My sister and I are both engaged, She is getting married in june, and i'm getting hitched in october. I got lucky, my family is doing well despite the economy. I just don't know how well it went over when the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th sister got engaged. I had to ask permission from my bridzilla sister to get engaged to avoid conflict.

That's so funny, my little sister knew she was getting engaged at Christmas and asked that we hold our engagement off so we wouldn't "steal her thunder" So we had to start planning the wedding before we got engaged. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter