Just for fun ~ What's the nicest compliment you

PartyofSix

TripMomma + 4
have gotten so far along your journey. You know the one that made you feel strong and wonderful about what your accomplishing? My family and friends have barely noticed my loss still at almost 30lbs gone. The one friend that has complimented me was just the oh your really doing it with the surpise tone in her voice. But the one compliment that has meant the world to me and that put me on cloud nine was my husband putting his arms around me last week and saying I can really feel a difference! OMG the fat rolls are shrinking i thought to myself:eek: That meant a lot cause not matter what that scale and measuring tape tell us sometimes we just need to hear a geniune nice compliment to lift us up and that was my greatest one to date. If it was'nt for my follow wish'ers cheering my on almost daily inspiring me i just don't think i would stay as motivated and i wanted to thank all of you for that as well. So come on anti up share your best compliments!

I get sometimes from my friends "You look like you lost weight." that doesn't for some reason 'satisfy' me. The one I really want after a while is..

"Oh my god! You're so thin!"

Not that I want to be like a skeleton, just a size 12.

We had to go to a "black tie optional" function on Saturday night. I wore a black silk pantsuit that I had bought for Christmas parties this past year. Unfortunately, when I wore it in December, I had to wear "slimming" undergarments in order to make it look decent. :(

Saturday night, I wore it without all the under-armour and my DD17 said "Mom, I can TELL you're losing weight"!! Compliments like that don't come often from her -- it's usually "no news is good news"....

My family and friends have barely noticed my loss still at almost 30lbs gone.

I can feel your pain on this. I've also lost almost 30 pounds and it seems like nobody has noticed. :( The biggest compliment I get is from DH, he calls me his little "freak of nature" (at least I hope it's a compliment;) ) because I get up early every day to work out and you can actually feel muscle in my arms instead of flab.

I had lost 50 lbs and mean old Auntie B didn't say a thing! When I lost 80 lbs, she says, "You lost too much weight, your face is too thin." I gained weight after my son was born and she says, "You're putting on weight." She is a meany.

One of the nicest things someone said was a neighbours dh. He said, "Stop losing weight girl!" I was about 122 lbs at the time. I am 155 lbs now, I was 210 lbs. I would love to get to 130 again. S

I guess I am the same way. My family tends to keep track and notice if I put on weight. I have lost 70 pounds, and they say nothing at all...now I gain three pounds and they notice and comment right away :(

I guess that the best compliment is being told I look good in something. Or just the comment that wow you are looking good. I guess though to me it doesn't mean very much unless it comes from someone I care about.

I lost 20 pounds last fall and have kept all but 2 pounds of it off.... but as far as the compliments go- I'll let you know when it happens!:rolleyes:

I did have another Mother at school ask me a couple of weeks ago how I kept my teeth so white- that felt good! LOL

So far no compliments but that just keeps me more motivated :)

I've had a few in the last couple of weeks and each one just motivates me more.

The first came from a woman I know casually and she said, "Debbi, you look really good, you are losing weight."

The second came from a good friend of mine who was on vacation for a week, she said you are sure getting skinny (I wish!).

The third came this weekend, we went to visit some old friends that we haven't seen since Christmas and my friends husband said, wow, you look like you are slimming down!

And of course there is the encouragement and wonderful words from my husband, I love it all. The more I hear the more I want to keep going. I have lost 21 pounds in a year, 12 in the last 5 weeks and I have been going to the gym and toning and I REALLY see a difference, it is hard to believe because I never thought it would happen.

A compliment really goes a long way.

The best one so far was from my good friends husband. We were out smoking in their back porch room, just Dan and I and he said "Man Lisa...you are looking great!!!!". I said...."thanks but I have 20 more to go" His response was "Lisa....don't loose anymore...you look perfect now and if you loose anymore it will take away from your looks"

I couldn't believe he said that...cause he is not that type of guy.

**I still think I need to loose another 20 though**

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter