Just Engaged!!

Stephie77

DH and I married at the most magical place on eart
Hi everyone. :wave2: I am new to this site but want to share my engagement with fellow Disney fans. My DF proposed to me in the Magic Kingdom at Sir Mickey's at 2:00 am December 31, 2008!! HE was waiting all day (and walked around from 6:00 am when we got on the plane from NY and all day in the park with the ring in his pocket) for the right time to propose (he does not like to plan things, he is a fly by night kind of person) We finally see Mickey and Minnie together. During the holidays, they come out late at night and there is usually a photopass guy there. I thought we were done taking pictures and went to hug Mickey goodbye. I hear Tom say "let's take one more picture" and when I turned around, there he was on his knee with the ring!!! It was so sweet and romantic. The photopass guy was great and got the entire engagement, like 30 pictures! I want to find out who he is and might see if I can call Disney to find out.

So now we are trying to decide wedding plans. We both want to get married in Disney so bad but it all depends on how much it will be. I see on here that people are able to do at least 50 people for about 15,000-20,000 which is what I am looking to do. I want to get married at the WP but DF thinks we do not have enough people and it will look bad in pictures. I am awaiting a call back from a wedding coordinator, so once I speak to them I will go from there. Any advice...I am willing to take it!

Congratulations! What a nice engagement story!!

Now prepare to become addicited to the DISboards!:rotfl2:

I would say you could do 50 for that price range, but it all depends on what you want for your wedding and what your expectations for. I know of at least 2 brides who stayed within a few hundred dollars of the 10,000 minimum. If you start adding characters and Cindy's coach, that's where you start spending money!

This site is invaluable for researching for your wedding. Also check out www.mouseweddings.com or www.magicalkingdoms.com for more info. These are unofficial sites, so don't rely on prices too much.

Good Luck with your planning!:flower3:

:welcome: to the boards! Love your e-story! You def need to put up some pics of your engagment, were Mickey and Minnie in the background on them??

Thanks! Congratulations to you also! I have been reading all the stories and already I am addicted! I just read your engagement story and that is so sweet! I was trying to see your pics but I know photobucket can be a pain! Good luck!

Thanks! Congrats to you too. Yes Mickey and Minnie were actually next to us. Minnie started shaking so bad. It was really really cool. As soon as I get to 10 posts, I will post the pics. We had been up for almost 24 hours at that point, so I look a hot mess-lol also i was crying but I am so happy that I have the pictures!

Thanks! Your story is great and romantic. Congrats on your renewal vows.

Congratulations! Don't worry about the Pavilion looking silly with only 50 people - have it if your heart is set on it :) We are having the WP and will have no more than about 20 people :thumbsup2

Congratulations! Don't worry about the Pavilion looking silly with only 50 people - have it if your heart is set on it :) We are having the WP and will have no more than about 20 people :thumbsup2
Thanks for the advice. I will probably win on this one! lol I really like it there. I think it will be beautiful. Congratulations to you!

come on get to 10 posts so you can post some photos!!

Congrats!! I cannot wait to see the photos... it sounds so romantic!! OOOhhh im so happy for you!

First off, I want to say Congrats!!!! Can't wait until you can post your e-pics, so we can see! What a great story!

Also, though I'm not a WP kind of girl, I think with 50 people you should be ok....

It's great to have another tri-state/NYC DISbride on here!!! :banana:

Welcome!!!

Congrats!! I cannot wait to see the photos... it sounds so romantic!! OOOhhh im so happy for you!
You are my 10th post!!! Now I can post the pics. Thanks. COngrats to you. Your story is so sweet and the fact he remember you kissed there 1000 days ago is soo romantic. Good luck with the planning. I can't wait to start planning!

First off, I want to say Congrats!!!! Can't wait until you can post your e-pics, so we can see! What a great story!

Also, though I'm not a WP kind of girl, I think with 50 people you should be ok....

It's great to have another tri-state/NYC DISbride on here!!! :banana:

Welcome!!!
Thanks my fellow NY'er. Do you live in the city? I work on 57th and 5th across from Bergdorf's and the Fountain. You must be so excited only 2 months to go! COngrats. I just hit my 10th post so I can post the pics. :)

That is a sweet story! Congratulations. I think the wedding pavilion would be fine despite not having a large guest count. That site has gorgeous light inside and is worth not having the pews filled!

I agree. We had 37 people total, including us and our MoH and BestMan and our Minister and the WP did not feel empty. It is such a gorgeous space that you shouldn't compromise on it because of the number of guests. :goodvibes LOVE your siggie pic and can't wait to hear more!

I agree. We had 37 people total, including us and our MoH and BestMan and our Minister and the WP did not feel empty. It is such a gorgeous space that you shouldn't compromise on it because of the number of guests. :goodvibes LOVE your siggie pic and can't wait to hear more!
Thanks! I really do want to get married there. I will just have to convince my DF a little more. Congratulations on your renewal wedding. Your story was great!!

I posted some pics! The thread is Pics from the Proposal by Stephie77. Check them out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter