Just disembarked the 8/23 sailing of the Dream - Happy to answer any questions

Were masks required at Castaway Cay? (for going into bathrooms or other places?)

why were so many turned away?
We got this from a CM who is a long-time friend, who actually said a number which I think was 360 turned away. He said due to positive tests but I would think it could also be not having proper docs and tests like reported for the 8/9 cruise.

We got this from a CM who is a long-time friend, who actually said a number which I think was 360 turned away. He said due to positive tests but I would think it could also be not having proper docs and tests like reported for the 8/9 cruise.

SOME were positive tests. But the majority of them were people who did not bring their paperwork required. This from a relative who is a CM on the ship.

SOME were positive tests. But the majority of them were people who did not bring their paperwork required. This from a relative who is a CM on the ship.
At this point this is just unbelievable. 360 people? What paperwork could they possible forget? Was this just people still not knowing that unvaccinated need covid tests? Or are vaccinated people not bringing their cards with them? I just don't get it.

At this point this is just unbelievable. 360 people? What paperwork could they possible forget? Was this just people still not knowing that unvaccinated need covid tests? Or are vaccinated people not bringing their cards with them? I just don't get it.

It was a combination. Apparently many of them did not realize that they needed their card as well as uploading it to Safe Passage.

Keep in mind the number of the total. In some cases it could have been a family where the one or two who needed to be tested had not been. But the whole number counts in the turned away.

We were never asked to show our vax cards at all, ever. Only had to show QR codes on the port arrival form several times and have passports scanned at checkin and our faces confirmed.
Those 360 were turned away as families/parties that may have had one person positive or without proper docs, so just guessing maybe only 75-100 actually had issues.

We were never asked to show our vax cards at all, ever. Only had to show QR codes on the port arrival form several times and have passports scanned at checkin and our faces confirmed.
Those 360 were turned away as families/parties that may have had one person positive or without proper docs, so just guessing maybe only 75-100 actually had issues.
Interesting

What is the first checkpoint for port arrival time? What if you're 15 minutes early? Can you at least park in the garage and then wait for your port arrival time?

We're trying to make sure we arrive right when the window opens for us, but want to be prepared in case we are a few minutes early.

What is the first checkpoint for port arrival time? What if you're 15 minutes early? Can you at least park in the garage and then wait for your port arrival time?

We're trying to make sure we arrive right when the window opens for us, but want to be prepared in case we are a few minutes early.

Based on other stories you will be turned away. You can't park because the parking garage is part of the arrival process now checking paperwork and testing.

You are supposed to show up at your arrival time not before.

When I said never, ever, I meant at the Port. Of course we had loaded them on SafePassage.
Also, we carry on our luggage (not a lot) and were still able to, even though DCL suggests that you check it. But you have to stop at the luggage drop off to tell them and get a colored paper put on your windshield that you need to get into the parking garage.
At one station in the garage the person almost acted surprised that we had filled out the last minute health questionaire.

Maybe DCL needs to send out more emails? It’s weird I’m engaged with what’s going on because of these boards. If I wasn’t on these boards would I know as much? If you book through Costco or some other agency do they keep you informed? For the Covid tests all you need is the digital results. It’s not even something you could forget you just have to have a smart phone.

When I said never, ever, I meant at the Port. Of course we had loaded them on SafePassage.
Also, we carry on our luggage (not a lot) and were still able to, even though DCL suggests that you check it. But you have to stop at the luggage drop off to tell them and get a colored paper put on your windshield that you need to get into the parking garage.
At one station in the garage the person almost acted surprised that we had filled out the last minute health questionaire.
I haven’t gotten the health questionnaire and I sail Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter