• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just did the Tusker House/Finding Nemo package

scooterpig

Mouseketeer
Yesterday, we went to Tusker House for lunch, and it included the reserve seating for Finding Nemo the live performance.

We generally don't spend a lot of money on dining out, but since it is Disney, we wanted to try a couple restaurants and the ones that offer an event or special seating was a way, I figured, to get more bang for the buck. So to speak, anyway.

We waited about 10-15 min for our seats (we arrived about 10-15 min early)
The buffet was ok. There was nice roast pork, sirloin, and a baked fish with diced tomato that was really good. Mashed potatos, Samosas (pastry outside with mushy potato/onion/etc and curry flavor inside), string beans, a squash/bean vegetable mix, a tofu veg mix, deli ham, cheese, rolls, fried sweet plantans, roast chicken, green salad, cookies, brownies, mango tart pastry, raspberry mousse w chocolate, lemon bars, bean-veg soup, seafood stew, a pb&j station, and hmmmmm, that's what I remember, and definately most of what was there.

The meats were probably the best offerings. Seafood stew was good, the fish was very tasty. The vegetables were meh-ok. Dessert was ok, the mousse was best, oh-and a very nice pecan-chocolate bar was my favorite dessert. It seemed everyone in our group (5) could only really eat a couple bites of each thing. The dining experience alone, in our opinion, not bad-really, it was nice, but for our family, we may fair better to hit the old Golden Corral mid-day outside the park. Even grabbing a kiosk meal seems like a better idea-I saw some really good gyro looking sandwiches going by.

The reserved seating was a nice bonus, but definately not a necessity-I don't think. One of my kids did say "I feel like a VIP!" and that was cool. The other line didn't seem to be unreasonable. The shows we saw yesterday, we were able to climb right aboard to..so, I don't think there was a huge wait for any shows. The seats were good, up front and to the right. The theater is small and the show is large. Every seat is going to be a good one.

We loved the experience, and are glad we did it, because we are first timers, and want to try a little of everything.

We did Tusker house for dinner last trip. It was OK, but I wouldn't go again- too many spicy foods for us. However, you reminded me of the choc. pecan bars- they were so good! My favorite dessert I had in WDW.

thanks for the info! We are trying to decide between Tusker, Boma and Sanaa and it really helps to hear others' experiences!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter