Just did my first Disney Cruise. A view from 2 adult perspective.

I remember the first time that we got off the ship at Castaway Cay on our first Disney cruise. (It was toward the end of the cruise). I turned to my wife and said: "Where did all these kids come from? We haven't seen or heard them at all until now." (We had the late dining seating). It really is impressive how well the ship "swallows" the kids during the day. Aside from the kiddie pool, you wouldn't know that they were on board.

Exactly!

And even then you can go on he adults only beach and escape from them! It really is a non factor when people bring that up as a argument as to why!

Love your costumes! I would totally recommend trying a longer cruise. We have done 7 cruises with Disney, two of them as adults only. I agree that for the most part, the kids are non existent. I would caution though that if there are little kids in the room next door, and you have a veranda, it can be very noticeable! LOL. (but that is with any cruise). They are also very noticeable before dinner in the atriums, but it is so much fun to see the little princesses twirling in their dresses and the young princes strutting around in their slacks and little ties. :) I would love to cruise the Dream so I can have a "grand slam" of all the ships, but only being on the ship 3 or 4 days seems so short! I kicked around the idea of a back to back (and you do have to disembark, go through customs, and then very often, you get right back on.), but the price of a back to back on the Dream is as much as , or more than, the 7 day Fantasy! Might as well stick with the Fantasy and get different ports.

Love your costumes! I would totally recommend trying a longer cruise. We have done 7 cruises with Disney, two of them as adults only. I agree that for the most part, the kids are non existent. I would caution though that if there are little kids in the room next door, and you have a veranda, it can be very noticeable! LOL. (but that is with any cruise). They are also very noticeable before dinner in the atriums, but it is so much fun to see the little princesses twirling in their dresses and the young princes strutting around in their slacks and little ties. :) I would love to cruise the Dream so I can have a "grand slam" of all the ships, but only being on the ship 3 or 4 days seems so short! I kicked around the idea of a back to back (and you do have to disembark, go through customs, and then very often, you get right back on.), but the price of a back to back on the Dream is as much as , or more than, the 7 day Fantasy! Might as well stick with the Fantasy and get different ports.

Thanks! What other cruise did you enjoy the most?? I will definilty try 7 day cruise :)

Thanks! What other cruise did you enjoy the most?? I will definilty try 7 day cruise :)
That's a hard question, I really all of them for different reasons, but my favorite ports (other than Castaway Cay, of course) have been San Juan, Puerto Rico, and Cozumel, Mexico. Of the 3 different ships, I liked the Fantasy the best, so would highly recommend a 7 day Fantasy cruise to the Western Caribbean (I don't think they go to San Juan anymore). I would really love it if the Fantasy would do some Southern Caribbean.
Love the added pics! One can never see too many fun photos from a cruise-especially a Disney cruise. :yay::tigger:

That's a hard question, I really all of them for different reasons, but my favorite ports (other than Castaway Cay, of course) have been San Juan, Puerto Rico, and Cozumel, Mexico. Of the 3 different ships, I liked the Fantasy the best, so would highly recommend a 7 day Fantasy cruise to the Western Caribbean (I don't think they go to San Juan anymore). I would really love it if the Fantasy would do some Southern Caribbean.
Love the added pics! One can never see too many fun photos from a cruise-especially a Disney cruise. :yay::tigger:

Thanks so much I'm simply addicted now to Disney cruise line - and it had everything stacked against it: I hyped it through the roof, I've been on many other cruises, I already have worn out the parks and it just met and exceeded my expectations.

Also too what I can add is he characters were SPOT on...they were playful and you don't feel rushed what so ever. The lines also move fast due to the fact that he handlers are so good too!

I'm pretty sure my next one with Disney might be Alaska...or maybe another carribean I'll have to weigh it out as Alaska is expensive and their excursions are expensive too...

Thanks so much I'm simply addicted now to Disney cruise line - and it had everything stacked against it: I hyped it through the roof, I've been on many other cruises, I already have worn out the parks and it just met and exceeded my expectations.

Also too what I can add is he characters were SPOT on...they were playful and you don't feel rushed what so ever. The lines also move fast due to the fact that he handlers are so good too!

I'm pretty sure my next one with Disney might be Alaska...or maybe another carribean I'll have to weigh it out as Alaska is expensive and their excursions are expensive too...
If you can swing the time off from work you should consider a Panama Canal sailing. The per day price is actually quite reasonable. I haven't done one yet because my wife is a teacher and we can't travel at those times but we're counting down the days until we can. We've already decided that's her retirement present from me.

Interesting, I specially asked the Disney team member and they said you didn't. Wouldn't surprise me if the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing but that's what they told me. Thanks for the heads up!

You can stay on the ship if the turn around day only at certain foreign ports. The cruise must be "Zeroed" out. That is to say no passengers. They close out the billings and then reopen. You will go through customs and then immediately back up the escalator to check in. You'll be given a green boarding pass and have access to the concierge waiting area. You will be the first folks back on the ship. We are doing what you mentioned, a 3 day followed by a 4 day, in just 15 days. We made darn sure what the procedures were because we have a rather unique travel party and plans. For us this Back to Back cruise is cheaper than if we did a single 7 day cruise at the same time of year. Would rather not have a down day in port Canaveral, but it is what it is. Make sure to try and book far enough in advance to take advantage of the same state room. We were unfortunate to have to change rooms (2 doors down) so we will end up being packed up (but the room hosts will move to your new cabin).

You can stay on the ship if the turn around day only at certain foreign ports. The cruise must be "Zeroed" out. That is to say no passengers. They close out the billings and then reopen. You will go through customs and then immediately back up the escalator to check in. You'll be given a green boarding pass and have access to the concierge waiting area. You will be the first folks back on the ship. We are doing what you mentioned, a 3 day followed by a 4 day, in just 15 days. We made darn sure what the procedures were because we have a rather unique travel party and plans. For us this Back to Back cruise is cheaper than if we did a single 7 day cruise at the same time of year. Would rather not have a down day in port Canaveral, but it is what it is. Make sure to try and book far enough in advance to take advantage of the same state room. We were unfortunate to have to change rooms (2 doors down) so we will end up being packed up (but the room hosts will move to your new cabin).

Thanks so much for the info (reasons why the DISboards are awesome)!! Enjoy your upcoming cruise!

I leave in 66 days on our first Disney cruise and this has gotten me more excited. I have started packing already and working away on FE gifts.

I leave in 66 days on our first Disney cruise and this has gotten me more excited. I have started packing already and working away on FE gifts.

Please come back and share with us how it is I PROMISE you won't be dissapoited!

Just some tips:

If you want to meet the princesses go to deck 5 or the port adventures desk ASAP as the tickets get booked extremely quick...

Line up about 10 minutes before the characters come out and you'll be the first if not second in line to see them!

Get to the shows about 15 minutes early too if you want great seats in the center, I always managed to get great seats by going early.

If you found something you really liked in one of the resturants - if your server can, ask if you can have it in the resturant you're in now. The Lamp Chops were exclusive to royal palace but after some asking we got them in animators palette!

If you booked with your Disney visa you get a 50 dollar on board beverage credit - the bar on the lobby deck I found without a doubt had he best drinks on the ship.

Download the Disney cruise line app on your phone now so you have it when your on board it's actually really helpful!

Cast members/not the shutter people will take your photos with your own camera while on board and at castaway cay. If you're thinking about the shutters packages, book before you board. Also, you can cancel if your not satisified as we did just that we took pictures at EVERY shutters experience we could and could still not fill the book with enough photos plus the quality of the book was really cheap IMO.

Finally before you leave I saw a thread that explained a charge for not having the red pillow. Make sure before leave that you have that pillow fully exposed and on top of your covers - sorry but I don't want any suprise charges!

Also get to the fireworks ASAP around 10ish and you can get a seat. Nothing's better than having a seat and enjoying the fireworks :)

Love your pics & glad you had a wonderful time! I've only been on one cruise (RC) last Feb and I loved it. So many people assume cruises are either for very young families with little kids or seniors and so miss out on a great vacation. The price factor with a Disney cruise is still an issue for me but perhaps looking at the cabin category could make a difference with that. I have to say, I loved my RC cruise and thought the food was very good. I only ate in the dining room for dinner (no extra cost restaurants) and the Windjammer for most lunches. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food in the dining room at dinner. So I can imagine what a step up the food would be with Disney!

Anywhere that Disney goes is fantastic. For seven night cruises we loved the Eastern, Western, and Southern Caribean cruises and also the Mexican Riveria cruise. For us the longer the cruise the better. We have also done 2 11or 12 night Mediterranean cruises, a 12 night Baltic cruise and a 15 night Panama Canal cruise. We have loved them all, even the 3 and 4 night cruises when nothing else fits and you need a Disney cruise fix.

Anywhere that Disney goes is fantastic. For seven night cruises we loved the Eastern, Western, and Southern Caribean cruises and also the Mexican Riveria cruise. For us the longer the cruise the better. We have also done 2 11or 12 night Mediterranean cruises, a 12 night Baltic cruise and a 15 night Panama Canal cruise. We have loved them all, even the 3 and 4 night cruises when nothing else fits and you need a Disney cruise fix.

Also a 3/4 Disney Cruise can be paired with a WDW Vacation stay to maximize your Disney fix after you get bored of parks.

I've been getting a lot of messages so I thought I'd bump this for anyone who wants to ask some questions where everyone can see them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter