• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Desserts at Sci Fi?

miss_deville

Earning My Ears
The Unofficial Guide generally pans the fare at Sci Fi and suggests just ordering dessert. Has anyone ever done this? Do you still need a reservation? Does the server look at you funny? Thanks so much for your help!

I have heard of people doing this.

Most who have try to dine at off times (early or late)

You do still need an ADR to do this

Servers have been reported to treat the guest well who does this.

Hi
We had milkshakes and sundaes last August. We had an ADR for around 2:00. It was a nice break in the day from the heat. The server seemed ok with it. I've also been to Sci-Fi for appetizers and drinks and I had an ADR for that. I usually make it a little later in the day, between 2 and 3. Have a great time!

I am in the minority, but I think their burgers are not to be missed. The dessert was just OK.

I don't think their desserts are worth the bother. We go for the meal, which isn't that great either, but at least it's more worth the effort. We always skip dessert.

Hi
We had milkshakes and sundaes last August. We had an ADR for around 2:00. It was a nice break in the day from the heat. The server seemed ok with it. I've also been to Sci-Fi for appetizers and drinks and I had an ADR for that. I usually make it a little later in the day, between 2 and 3. Have a great time!

Do they still make their sundaes with soft-serve ice cream? :confused3 My DM and I went there years ago just for dessert, and were so disappointed in getting hot fudge sundaes made with soft-serve. :scared1: Needless to say the ice cream was mostly melted by the time it was served and we no longer wanted it. It's the only time I've had to return something to the kitchen and they weren't able to correct it. I've wanted to go back and take DD8, but have thought of just getting appies and dessert. And maybe a kid's meal. So, still soft serve?

Do they still make their sundaes with soft-serve ice cream? :confused3 My DM and I went there years ago just for dessert, and were so disappointed in getting hot fudge sundaes made with soft-serve. :scared1: Needless to say the ice cream was mostly melted by the time it was served and we no longer wanted it. It's the only time I've had to return something to the kitchen and they weren't able to correct it. I've wanted to go back and take DD8, but have thought of just getting appies and dessert. And maybe a kid's meal. So, still soft serve?

Yes, still soft serve. I refuse to pay five bucks for soft serve. We had the same experience with the ice cream being melted before even eating it. We also tried the cheesecake once which was pretty bad as well.

Yes, still soft serve. I refuse to pay five bucks for soft serve. We had the same experience with the ice cream being melted before even eating it. We also tried the cheesecake once which was pretty bad as well.

Well I guess going for desserts is out. :eek:
Thanks for info.

Wow! Thanks for all the great info. Maybe we'll try to go at an off time and stay away from the hot fudge sundaes! You guys are the best!:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter