Just curious......

butterfly71076

DIS Veteran
A friend of mine got back from WDW a few weeks ago. Her family, (DH, DDx2) stayed onsite with DDP. Her DH was only with them for the first 3 days then left for a business meeting in Tampa. Her niece(7) then joined them and they, according to my friend, used her DH's dining for the niece. I was wondering if this true. Do they let you use adults credits for kids?

A friend of mine got back from WDW a few weeks ago. Her family, (DH, DDx2) stayed onsite with DDP. Her DH was only with them for the first 3 days then left for a business meeting in Tampa. Her niece(7) then joined them and they, according to my friend, used her DH's dining for the niece. I was wondering if this true. Do they let you use adults credits for kids?

According to the rules of the plan...no. Adults can only be used for adults and kids can only be used for kids and kids must use the kid menus. We have always used ours as adults without any kids so I don't know if the CM's will actually let you get away with it or not but the rules say no.

At counter service you can order an adult meal for a kid or or the other way around. They don't differentiate the credits and the whole family is not standing in line anyway.

So, yep, not a problem.

Thanks for the responses! It just didn't sound right to me, but, I suppose if you are doing CS, they really can't tell.

Did they or should they have are two different statements. I have a 9 almost 10 year old. If he was a big eater and I wanted to I could have listed him as 10 pay for an adult and he could order him an adult meal. At this point if he wanted an adult meal I would need to pay out of pocket.

When you order at a TS meal they know how many adult plans you have and how many children but not I assume the age of the person attached to that plan. 4 people sit down to eat and they order the correct number of different type of meals are they going to stop and say. hey you can not possible be 10 yet. My son who is 9 height wise could easily pass for 7 and I know 7 year olds who could pass for 10. That's my long way of saying if a child orders an adult meal and it doesn't result in more adult meals per table then the number on the plan they are unlikely to question.

Should they have. If you are following the rules probably not because technically the niece was not on the plan. Did they cost disney money. only if they had free dining. If they had paid out of pocket they probably would have spend less given the fact a 7 year old would have been eating a kid's meal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter