• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Curious…. Are yours REAL or FAKE?

budmonster

DIS Veteran
Well I was wondering with Christmas around the corner are yours REAL or FAKE... your Christmas Trees? I started off my marriage with a real one and then when the whole save the earth, forrest and trees thing came about several years ago I bought a fake one. So now it's been 8 years and my fake tree is starting to look like a fake tree, though I love the fact that the lights are already attached to the tree and it's three easy pieces to put together, I not sure if I want to get another fake tree or if I should go back to a real one. Which one do you have and why?

Melissa

Mine are fake. DH and I started w/ real trees. It was a tradition growing up for me. The whole family would go out and pick out the tree and cut it down. DH hates the needles, hates watering it and hates getting rid of it. I really miss the smell of a real tree so I buy the tree scents from yankee candle. Don't tell DH but the fake tree is a lot easier and I can keep it up longer.

Ha ha! Love the title!!
I am a real girl all the way! When I was a kid my dad would buy a permit from the ranger station, the whole fam. would drive to the mountains, trudge through the snow and my mom and I would choose a tree that was twice as tall as our house (they look smaller out in the woods!) We would hit up a restaurant for hot chocolate and a burger on the way home!
These days my family goes to a tree farm, but we still try to find one in the snow (if possible), we still cut it down ourselves and we bring hot chocolate and Christmas tunes along for the ride!

Mine are real.

Growing up we had a fake tree, but DH's family always cut theirs, and we brought that tradition into our family. I love a real tree and rarely have trouble with needles - you need to select the right type of tree, and keep it well-watered.

Two fake trees at our house. I bought one of them after I divorced and dd and I were living in an apartment. There was no way I was hoisting a real tree up two flights of stairs and then taking it back down again. Taking a box upstairs was much easier to maneuver. :thumbsup2

Now I kind of like not having to wait until close to Christmas to get the trees up. In fact, I think I'm putting ours up this weekend so we won't have to mess with it when dd is home for Thanksgiving.

Mine is fake. I would love to have a real one, but both DH and I are allergic to pine, so we have ye olde plastic tree.

When we lived in Florida I bought a fake the first year on a great Black Friday Sale. It lasted two years. I LOVED not having to do the lights but I hated fixing the branches everytime I took it out of the box. I would get all scratched up and stuff. Annoying. Last year we tossed it because it got all mangled up. We had a Charlie Brown real tree last year but since we would go home for the holidays for at least two weeks at a time it was pointless to get it all set up and stuff.

This year we are in our first house and finally settled down so I am super excited to decorate our house and a real tree. I am also excited to get the tree someplace else than the Parking lot at Publix in 90 degree weather!!

Real all the way--

My husband's theory is if you live in MI you have to have a real tree. Many tree lots to choose a great one from here.

Mine is fake. :goodvibes

Since I live in a condo, I just have a small tree; I love the smell of pine, but I think about hauling that tree up 2 flights of stairs and then I decide to stay with my fake tree. :rotfl:

I love real....but we bought a fake last year after X-mas so I am excited about putting it up..it will go up the weekend after Thanksgiving...

Mine are fake. I put up with the needles and the mess for too many years. I know this is going to sound odd, but I don't really like the pine smell from the real trees. It seems to bother my allergies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter