Just closed! How does this work???

Tink&PirateMama

queen mamadalla is what they call me... they being
We just were notified of our closing today!! We were told what I've read on the boards- it's 7-10 days to get in to disney's system. Ofcourse I want to book a ressie right away (for september and january!!)...

How do I know I'm in the system- do I just call them at 6 days or so and keep trying, or is there another way (less annoying possibly) to find out?

Is there anything else I need to know about? Anywhere else I need information from? All's I know they will be mailing me info in the coming weeks?

We are SOOOO excited! Can't believe it, really!

Thank you for any help:)

Congrats!!!! We are waiting on ROFR on our first DVC! Hope we are as lucky as you!! :banana:

Congratulations and welcome home! :) We found out that we closed on 3/26. Yesterday, 4/6, I found out my member number but still no points in my account. They told me it takes 24-48 more hours for them to show up. Member services is moving to a new building this Wed-Thurs, so things are running slower than usual. I'm hoping to be able to make ressies tomorrow! It may be longer, since they are moving. What Jamie at the TSS said was that you should be in the system within 10 calendar days of closing. I hope yours moves more quickly than ours! :smickey:

How do I know I'm in the system- do I just call them at 6 days or so and keep trying, or is there another way (less annoying possibly) to find out?

Yep - that's about it. MS will see if you are in the system and then can help you get access to the members website. As the PP mentioned the points will probably take another 2-4 days to be put into your account - it's a different dept that has that responsibility. At least once you have access to the website you'll be able to check on your points being posted online rather than calling again.

We've done two resale contracts and it was 9 and 10 days before the points were available for ressies.

Congratulations!!! I just PMd you, as I'm not sure what I'm allowed and not allowed to post.

party: :welcome: HOME!!! party:

I told out guide that we were going to buy Saturday. He called me yesterday to give me my member number and information to log in. We havent recieved our paperwork yet, but it looks like the points are in our account. He is going to help me book a trip today. I was really surprised on how quick that was. Its probably good, the anticipation was killing me.

Thank you everyone!! What fun this is!!

To answer your questions, we have 170 SSR points. This took us about a month- in total- made our offer the first few days of march (was it the 3rd maybe- i'd have to check), and closed on april 7th. Very smooth experience for sure! Our price was $67 a point! We did pay the 09 maintenance, because it had all 09 and a lot of 08 points. Our closing was a couple hundred bucks, very reasonable. We feel like it was a fantastic deal- we hope to stay at all the DVC resorts someday, but are very happy to be at SSR, so it's a win win- we thought it the most logical place for us to buy with the savings right now, combined with MF costs. Plus, we are really excited about THV (and we always have a car in florida, and love the condo style resorts!).

We actually stayed at SSR in January- we LOVED it! It was so perfect for us:) We got a good deal (the 4/3, and then an upgraded to a 2bedroom- we lucked out our only other trip to disney was the poly, and we were upgraded to a MK view!), but normally would never have paid for a week it would have cost so much! We also knew that those experiences, although fantastic, were total luck, and not to be expected. EVEN STILL- we didn't even thinking of buying DVC. Didn't go on a tour, nothing. I just imagined it was something we couldn't afford.

It wasn't until I found the boards, and realized I was going to put a bunch of money elsewhere, where this money could be put instead.... and well, here we are! I just still can't believe we can now go to disney every year!!! It feels like a dream!!! I should apologize I suppose, I'm just giddy over it all still!

My daughter made a playdough 'dvc' mickey monument yesterday, and she's letting it dry out to save. Isn't that funny! The kids are SO excited! And my DD especially can't wait to go back to 'saratoga'! She loved it there so much:) And both kids learned to swim there!

Thanks again everyone, for all of the feedback along the way!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter