Just changed from BWI to POR and saved $1300

kandb

DIS Veteran
We got a free dining e-mail and had ressies at BWI (with a 40% discount) but when I checked the price of POR with the dining, it came out to $1300 less. I hope we like POR. :confused3 Linda

I hope you do too! That's a big savings, but it is a big change in the type of trip you will have as well.

That was my dilemma last year. I really wanted to stay Deluxe but when I ran the figures, I reserved POR (I went during the 7/4 promotion). I couldn't justify the extra $$. I have still never enjoyed Deluxe but maybe someday. I use the $$ I save by staying at the mods to take more trips. I got to travel this summer for 6 weeks instead of the usual 1-3 weeks. I am enjoying my retirement.

:yay:

We've stayed at both & loved them both. If money were no object I'd stay at BWI, but for a saving of $1300, I'd definitely stay at POR & not look back.

I love the Deluxe resorts, I've stayed at all except AKL. IMO, the mods are just as nice, they just don't have some of the amenities that the deluxes do or location, obviously.

POR has a great themed pool & nice quiet pools. You can rent watercraft there also. I thought POR had great dining choices & the grounds were beautiful.

Like I said, if money was not a consideration I'd do BWI, but a savings of $1300 would definitely make me change to POR. (BTW - I'm a DVC owner so I love the deluxes too!)

I am trying to convince Dh for us to change from WL to either POFQ - save $600 or POP preferred room and save $750. I just hate spending the extra money. So far he's standing firm bc I convinced him the past 2 years to switch from WL so we could save $$$. We have the free dining booked with WL so we are already getting a deal but still the shopping we could do with the extra $$. :rotfl:

We are staying at the BWV this time (our first time at a deluxe) so I can't compare that to the POR. I will say that my family loved the POR! The food court was great (so many good choices) and the whole resort was just beautiful. My DS (9) just reminded me that they had alfredo noodles there (which was a big plus for him).:happytv: He wanted to let you know that he stopping watching tv to respond to this question!

I have some great pics of DH and me around the resort. And we loved the TS restaurant (esp. the bananas foster dessert!).

Thanks for all the responses. We have actually stayed (in this order), at POFQ, AKL and GF last year. Deluxes are nice but $1300 is alot of money, so we opted for POR. thanks, Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter