Just can't decide: Riverside, French Quarter, Caribbean, or Coronado

My fiance and I are taking our honeymoon to Disney in June 2015. We decided to stay at a mod resort. Our first choice was CSR, then upon researching we decided it just wasn't for us. Then we decided on POR and we dead set. Then I found out about the CBR renovation and decided on CBR because I loved the look of the room. I made a pros and cons list and decided the only thing I liked about CBR was brand new renovated rooms, that was about it. So we decided for sure that POR was for us. I like that we can take the boat to DTD just to kind of slow down and relax. Yeah we could take the bus, but the boat just sounds so much more fun. The resort it self just looked so much more relaxing, and we enjoy taking nightly walks and figured the resort was just perfect for that. Over all for us it just seemed perfect. I never gave any thought into POFQ, while I like that the resort is smaller the theme just wasn't for me.

Be sure to schedule a carriage ride at POR. DH & I did that for our anniversary. We absolutely loved it. We also enjoy sitting in the rocking chairs and people watching.

Another vote for Coronado Springs, we LOVED it when we stayed there last December, two adults.

I'm headed back in November and wanted to book it again, but it's not available for us on the dates we're traveling.

Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on the resorts. You have all been so helpful and I really appreciate the time you took to respond.

I like Coronado, but checked last night and no rooms are available, so that one is out.

We have narrowed it down to the Port Orleans resorts. French Quarter looks nice, but I'm not big into the theme. I've been to New Orleans a lot, so kinda been there done that.

I think we are 90% sold on Riverside. The grounds look beautiful and relaxing. I don't mind it being to spread out since it will just be two adults. We are used to walking a lot at disney.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Tracy :wave2:

There is a very strong contingent of POFQ lovers on this board, who highlight the smallness of the resort, and the busses.

The busses are a fair point, but I actually dislike POFQ because it is so small, it is tight and almost claustrophobic ... the rooms are stacked higher than more moderates, and they are packed pretty tight, just not my cup of tea.

The mardi gras Clowns and alligators don't really do it for me either, and I think the pool is sub-par compared to most of the other resorts.

This is great for me to hear! I just changed to CBR for marathon weekend (I consider it my home resort...it was my first and the one I always seem to return to...I just love CBR) for pretty much those reasons - I feel like I'd feel cramped there, and the more I looked at pictures with those masks and stuff in the food court, the more creeped out I got. Also, as I'm going to be doing Goofy for the first time, the idea of cobblestones REALLY didn't appeal to me since you have to be up and out around 3am when it's dark!

But yes, OP, I have stayed at three mods and would rank them CBR then a lot further down (like I'd stay at POP before these honestly) are CSR (just felt too corporate...probably due to the convention center) and POR (stayed in the mansions, and it felt like my Grandmother's house where I was afraid to touch anything and just felt stuffy; and the bayou rooms have NO appeal to me).

msuweather said:
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on the resorts. You have all been so helpful and I really appreciate the time you took to respond.

I like Coronado, but checked last night and no rooms are available, so that one is out.

We have narrowed it down to the Port Orleans resorts. French Quarter looks nice, but I'm not big into the theme. I've been to New Orleans a lot, so kinda been there done that.

I think we are 90% sold on Riverside. The grounds look beautiful and relaxing. I don't mind it being to spread out since it will just be two adults. We are used to walking a lot at disney.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Tracy :wave2:

POR is a beautiful resort. We stayed there on our honeymoon. As everyone is posting, all the moderate resorts are very nice. We have stayed at all except POFQ which we are planning to try for summer 2015. I usually prefer CSR because of fitness center, but I do believe in your case POR would be perfect.

French Quarter for sure!!

The resort itself is smaller, less people, less crowds, less to walk down to the main building in the morning/after a day in the parks.

The food court has a variety of delicious foods, and the pool is super nice, and you also have access to Riverside's stuff.

The bus system is the best out of all the mod's (as long as you're travelling during more peak times, if you're headed into the park midday, you'll be stopping at Riverside as well). There's only 1 main bus stop for the resort instead of it circling around the entire resort at multiple stops.

FQ's the only moderate resort that I will stay at again, the other ones just aren't worth the cost!

We love CSR because of the conventions. Conventioneers usually don't go to the parks in the mornings so less crowded buses. They usually don't use the pools, spa or fitness center during the day so fewer people there. For adults only it is a great choice. We've done it both ways, with kids and without. Our kids love the main pool. Walking around the lake at night is beautiful and romantic. The rooms are nice. Some of the beat beds on property. Business class rooms have access to the Cococino Lounge for snacks and bverages morning and night (even adult beverages). We did our 25th wedding anniversary there during the Flower and Garden Festival and had a marvelous time. We always stay in the Cabanas section (we like building 8A for good location to the main pool, the Ranchos quiet pool, and bus stop #4). Have a great trip!

I know you have already said that CSR is booked but I have stayed there more than 4 times and I love it. The pool is awesome, for kids and adults alike, and it is HUGE so never feels crowded, unlike other resort pools, plus the theming is amazing.

There is also a CS restaurant at the Dig Site that sells adult refreshments. It never feels crowded and you never say, oh the humanity! like you might at a Value resort. I love the Pepper Market where the food is freshly made, especially at breakfast. There were kinks in the original planning of the PM but I feel they have been ironed out. Other TS restaurants are also good. It is nice to have a lot of choice and not all moderates offer TS.

Yes the resort is large and yes it has many conventions but that can be a good thing, since most of those attending are not crowding up the pool, restaurants, etc. And lots of people complain about how they walk miles when in actual fact the path that loops around the lake is .75 miles long from beginning to end so you would never be walking more than half that distance from the furthest building to the main building. Consider your stroll to the main building a warm up for the 20 miles you'll walk in the parks that day!

We are going in November and when I tried to make reservations online, it would always come up nothing available, so I call Disney to make them and got what I wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter