• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just CANCELED our SEPT FD

Jillinwonderland

Mouseketeer
Hi, I just wanted to let you all know that we just canceled our Sept 23-26th 2010 FD trip at POP. I do not know if that will (hopefully) help out another family. I hope it does.

I'm looking to book something for 9/25 to 9/28 for my step son and his girlfriend and nothing is available at pop. I'm going to keep trying and hope some of these open up. If not I will have to go threw orbitz.

We are already booked at pop for 10 days with free dining. Sorry you had to cancle.

I'm looking to book something for 9/25 to 9/28 for my step son and his girlfriend and nothing is available at pop. I'm going to keep trying and hope some of these open up. If not I will have to go threw orbitz.

We are already booked at pop for 10 days with free dining. Sorry you had to cancle.

Just keep trying. People cancel all the time. Oh I only canceled the FD. I shoulda mentioned I am a AP holder and my friend who'll be joining me is getting a AP this month for her birthday so we decided it'd be cheaper to switch from FD to AP rate (Saved $182!). Just thought I would post it here incase anyone wanted to inquire about it at wdw. I know FD is a very popular time to go.

Hope everything is okay! You just need to pick another date and work toward that moment one day at a time. It will work out I promise.:cheer2:

Just keep trying. People cancel all the time. Oh I only canceled the FD. I shoulda mentioned I am a AP holder and my friend who'll be joining me is getting a AP this month for her birthday so we decided it'd be cheaper to switch from FD to AP rate (Saved $182!). Just thought I would post it here incase anyone wanted to inquire about it at wdw. I know FD is a very popular time to go.

Oh, good, I'm glad it's nothing serious. I was just about to offer sympathy (we've had to cancel a trip before). But, you don't need any sympathy-you're going to WDW very soon!;)

I'm glad the OP didn't have to cancel completely. I just cancelled a trip for a couple nights next week that was a back up to the trip I took a couple weeks ago. Even though I was glad I was able to go on the original trip as planned, and even though I have another 10 night stay planned for September, it was still kind of depressing to have to call up and cancel. I couldn't feel too sorry for myself though because I was able to book a bounceback for 6 nights in December when I was there last month, so it's more like I gained a few extra nights in the long run.

Question though - if a person books a promotion like FD, then cancels, does their inventory go back in to FD inventory or rack rate inventory? I've never been able to figure that out for sure.

Thanks we are just trying to get a room only discount for him and his girlfriend they are only going for 4 days and they are FL residents. We have the free dining but they wouldn't really need it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter