• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just canceled Kouzzina for Ragland Road...mistake?

bibbidibobbidibecky

The Fairy Godblogger
I ended up switching around two of our days and our Boardwalk evening got canned so I had to come up with a TS at DTD.

I sure hope Ragland Road is good...it seems to ge pretty good reviews.

We enjoyed the food and atmosphere at Ragland more than Kouzzina so I think you made a good choice.

We enjoyed the food and atmosphere at Ragland more than Kouzzina so I think you made a good choice.

Thank you, that makes me feel better. I also like the kids' menu much better at Ragland Road, for a Greek restaurant I was pretty surprised at the kids' menu.

We have not tried Kouzzina, hope to next month. However, we have eaten at Ragland Road many times and it's always been good. My dad request it each time we take my parents with us. The bread pudding makes the trip worthwhile for me.

The menu at Kouzzina does not excite me so I have never been there but we love Raglan Road! We've been there twice and I just made another reservation for our upcoming trip. If you like seafood, the Its Not Bleedin Chowder is great!

I have eaten at both places and had a much better meal at kouzzina's. But everyone's tastes are different so hopefully you will enjoy raglan road.

We love the food at Raglan Road. We also love the adult beverage selection (hehe), and atmosphere/music.

Raglan is on our short list of places we go every trip and we're never disappointed there. The entertainment and beer is an added plus. :)

To provide a different perspective, I must say I love Kouzzina. Actually, I consider it one of the best non-signature restaurants on property. I realize it receives mixed reviews, so it certainly does not appeal to everybody's palate. Not surprisingly, it seems that people who already like Greek and Mediterranean cuisine enjoy Kouzzina. Those who don't leave disappointed.

Then again, if you loved that kind of food, you probably would not think about canceling your reservation for Raglan Road. That fact alone may answer your question.

To provide a different perspective, I must say I love Kouzzina. Actually, I consider it one of the best non-signature restaurants on property. I realize it receives mixed reviews, so it certainly does not appeal to everybody's palate. Not surprisingly, it seems that people who already like Greek and Mediterranean cuisine enjoy Kouzzina. Those who don't leave disappointed.

Then again, if you loved that kind of food, you probably would not think about canceling your reservation for Raglan Road. That fact alone may answer your question.

Actually we LOVE Mediterranean food and would have just changed the reservation to lunch but they don't serve it so I had to pick a DTD restaurant. But it does get mixed reviews...

Thanks for the replies!

Actually we LOVE Mediterranean food and would have just changed the reservation to lunch but they don't serve it so I had to pick a DTD restaurant. But it does get mixed reviews...

Thanks for the replies!
Serves me right for making assumptions! If you love Mediterranean food, I strongly recommend Kouzzina if not this time, then on a subsequent trip. It seems most people who like that kind of food leave Kouzzina thrilled.

Last visit to WDW, our 1st night was at RR. We absolutly loved it ! :thumbsup2

The sheperd's pie was amazing. :worship:

Have a great trip.

Hi my family really like Greek food but we did not really like Kouzzinas at all,we did go when it first opened so maybe it has improved since then.
We do tend to go to Raglan most trips,it's definitely not the greatest food but we always have a great time.:dance3:

I have eaten at both places and had a much better meal at kouzzina's. But everyone's tastes are different so hopefully you will enjoy raglan road.

I agree.
For me the food is much better at Kouzzina.
I won't be going back to Raglan Road any time soon.

We just ate at Raglan Road. I kept putting it off the last 2 trips. We were going to cancel it this time too and I am so glad we didn't. We loved it! Love the atmosphere, it big inside so there is lots of room, beef stew was great, scallop forrest was delicious and the bread pudding so good. The entertainment was great, there was even a little girl who got on stage during the break and was dancing. Everyone was cheeringher on, it was so cute and fun. Then again the menu pleased us more than Kouzzina but I am sure we will try that sometime.

My opinion is changing to RR would be a mistake. We had a horrible meal there last summer, it was our first time dining there and after reading so many reviews were we very excited to check it out. From the appies to the desserts it was just gross....total waste of time and money

The entertainment was great though, I would go have a drink at the bar and watch them sing and dance.

I would just go with what type of food you would rather eat, they are very different. You can't go by opinions because if I did I would have never eaten at Raglan Road. I read so many bad reviews which is the reason we kept canceling, finally I just went for it and was pleasantly surprised.

Ate @ both during our last trip and really enjoyed them both. I'd probably look @ where we were going to be that evening and pick whichever was closer.

Ditto for me. Loved, loved, loved Kouzzina's. But you have to really think outside the box.

Went to Raglan Road one night for apps and adult beverages - loved it. Went a few nights later for dinner and was not impressed at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter