Just called to make a reservation, Interesting convo

TheChapman6

DIS Veteran
The woman who took my call told me that Goofy's Kitchen is the number one reservation made at DLR. She said it's super popular and she's never heard anyone complain in the 20 years she's worked for Disney!

I love Goofy's Kitchen but I really just called to make BBB reservations LOL She was tellling me about Ariels Grotto too. Super friendly

Well, I know everyone's opinion is different, and I respect that, but we thought Goofy's Kitchen was horrid...and we're not food-snobs either.

Of course, our boys are beyond the "character" meal stage...we were just looking for a decent buffet to fill everyone up. We did get food, but it was not even on par with a Golden Coral or Sizzler in our opinions.

Food was cold, service was terrible, plates not cleared, cost was astronomical.

The only way I would go back is if I had little ones. Even then, I think we saw two characters the entire time and they were secondary ones (Friar Tuck?, Chip & Dale?)

We have a trip coming up in 4 weeks. We booked Big Thunder BBQ and Blue Bayou. Those are the only ones we really care for anymore.

I have zero complaints with the food. We ate dinner there in December and I was quite happy with the food choices. Now the price was a little scary and the characters were ok.

Well, I know everyone's opinion is different, and I respect that, but we thought Goofy's Kitchen was horrid...and we're not food-snobs either.

Of course, our boys are beyond the "character" meal stage...we were just looking for a decent buffet to fill everyone up. We did get food, but it was not even on par with a Golden Coral or Sizzler in our opinions.

Food was cold, service was terrible, plates not cleared, cost was astronomical.

The only way I would go back is if I had little ones. Even then, I think we saw two characters the entire time and they were secondary ones (Friar Tuck?, Chip & Dale?)

We have a trip coming up in 4 weeks. We booked Big Thunder BBQ and Blue Bayou. Those are the only ones we really care for anymore.

We agree with you!! We will not go back and we do have 4 kids!!

It's our least favorite of all the character meals. Food is underwhelming, at best, the restaurant is dark and service is lackluster. Just not our thing.

Well, I know everyone's opinion is different, and I respect that, but we thought Goofy's Kitchen was horrid...and we're not food-snobs either. Of course, our boys are beyond the "character" meal stage...we were just looking for a decent buffet to fill everyone up. We did get food, but it was not even on par with a Golden Coral or Sizzler in our opinions. Food was cold, service was terrible, plates not cleared, cost was astronomical. The only way I would go back is if I had little ones. Even then, I think we saw two characters the entire time and they were secondary ones (Friar Tuck?, Chip & Dale?) We have a trip coming up in 4 weeks. We booked Big Thunder BBQ and Blue Bayou. Those are the only ones we really care for anymore.

I agree with you to a point.

My opinion with Goofys is you go their for the experience of meeting the characters and interacting with them, we have been lucky enough to go quite often and I noticed that sometimes the characters won't come around much so I simply let a cast member know that we are "just waiting" for such and such character and we are all done eating, that will usually get those characters to our table quick since they want to clear tables to get another family in.

Regarding food I agree 100% it's probably in the hometown buffet category if your going their simply for the food I would skip it and go down to tortilla joes much less expensive or any other restaurant outside of the park

Big Thunder BBQ and Blue Bayou are both EXCELLENT CHOICES for the parks

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We didn't book Goofy's Kitchen but did a walk in on a whim on our arrival day. I have kids but they were 9 and 13 and my 9 year old is past the real belief in character stage. We went on a Saturday for brunch. We loved it. There was no wait even without reservations. We saw many characters a few more than once. We saw Goofy tons of times. It was the best character interaction we ever had other than maybe the ice cream social at Epcot which they no longer have. The food was good. The staff were friendly and constantly coming by. At one point I joked that my drink was refilled by magic because I never saw it done - it just happened.

Our favorite meal was Big Thunder BBQ but Goofy's was a close 2nd.

She said it's super popular and she's never heard anyone complain in the 20 years she's worked for Disney!

If she's just a lady at a cal center making reservations, Dow she expo t that she would be the recipient of complaints? People calling her aren't calling to explain their reservations; they are just making them.

If she's just a lady at a cal center making reservations, Dow she expo t that she would be the recipient of complaints? People calling her aren't calling to explain their reservations; they are just making them.

She would probably also get fired if she started to speak negatively. Can you imagine a conversaton where you call to make a resv. and the rep says "Oh, I would not make a reservation there, the place if horrible!"

She would probably also get fired if she started to speak negatively. Can you imagine a conversaton where you call to make a resv. and the rep says "Oh, I would not make a reservation there, the place if horrible!"

Okay, I get what you're saying. I've eaten there are we all loved it. The food was good and there was a huge variety. It was interesting to me that she said it was the most popular reservation. I didn't make one, we are doing cafe Orleans and Carnation Cafe and I really only called because BBB doesn't do online reservations.

We LOVED it when we went! However, we did go for breakfast (I've heard not so great things about dinner) AND we had first seating, so lots of fresh, hot food. It was also about three years ago when we went, so it's possible it's gone downhill since then. sad. We are excited to get to try Surf's Up this time though as we've heard awesome reviews!

I wouldn't say the food is great by any means, but we didn't go in with high expectations. We went so DD could have the experience, and we would go back.

I think it's funny how everyone is posting about the pros and cons of Goofy's Kitchen. That's not what the OP is talking about. The point is that the call was made to book something entirely different (not even food related) and the agent was talking up a restaurant. That does seem odd to me, too.

I think it's funny how everyone is posting about the pros and cons of Goofy's Kitchen. That's not what the OP is talking about. The point is that the call was made to book something entirely different (not even food related) and the agent was talking up a restaurant. That does seem odd to me, too.

Sounds like typical upselling. But all she has to push is reservations.

Sounds like typical upselling. But all she has to push is reservations.

Yep. I've just never had any CMs try to upsell me when I've called. Maybe she was just trying to be friendly and doesn't know what else to talk about.

She may have just been friendly or upselling, either way it sounds like she is a true asset to her employer. I bet she gets a handful of people a day to make extra reservations while she has them on the line.

The fact that she singled out a Disney owned restaurant makes me suspect there could be some upselling going on here. I wonder if they are starting some incentive program for the call center employees.

Thanks for noticing lol I was telling her my daughter is super excited about bbb but my son wasn't interested I tried to talk him into the knight package. She said one of her co workers took her 2 boys to Ariel's grotto and one his under the table and the other wanted to hug the princesses. I told her my son gets to puck dinner, Then she told me about Goofys. She was really friendly.
We went to goofys on our last trip and loved it but I'm not sure will do it again this trip since we're staying at PPH we may try surfs up ?

I guess the notable part to me was that its the most requested reservation. We walked in on our first night staying at the DLH with no reservation on may 6 and didn't think anything of it.

Thanks for noticing lol I was telling her my daughter is super excited about bbb but my son wasn't interested I tried to talk him into the knight package. She said one of her co workers took her 2 boys to Ariel's grotto and one his under the table and the other wanted to hug the princesses. I told her my son gets to puck dinner, Then she told me about Goofys. She was really friendly.
We went to goofys on our last trip and loved it but I'm not sure will do it again this trip since we're staying at PPH we may try surfs up ?

I guess the notable part to me was that its the most requested reservation. We walked in on our first night staying at the DLH with no reservation on may 6 and didn't think anything of it.

Oh, okay! The part I bolded above probably explains why she brought up Goofy's. The conversation just kind of led there. Doesn't really seem like she was upselling in that case.

Oh, okay! The part I bolded above probably explains why she brought up Goofy's. The conversation just kind of led there. Doesn't really seem like she was upselling in that case.

Agree. That little detail changes everything. Sounds quite normal now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter