Just call us crazy!!! UPDATE

Cyndibear

I love my DVC's!!!!
So, I was talking to Dh the other day about how I would love to check out the Christmas decorations this year at Disney. He just agreed and continued on his merry way. So today I texted him that since we already had a day off on Friday December 2nd we could fly down Thursday evening and stay till Sunday. We wouldn't have to do any rides, (well, maybe some ;)) just enjoy the decorations and see The Osborne lights. So I wait for his response.....he texted me back that he called DVC and nothing available. :scared1: :mad:. I was soooo sad. I was getting really excited about just being there and enjoying a quick trip.

Hours later......he texted me again and said that they have availability for 12/1 & 12/2 at SSR 1 bedroom but nothing on points for 12/3 anywhere. They also had a value studio at Jambo for 12/1 & a 1 bedroom club level for 12/2. Well, I thought maybe we could just stay somewhere on cash the last day but I did not have access to WDW website to check availablity and the prices quoted for cash at DVC was way more than what we wanted to spend.

So, I get home from work, hop on the internet to research flights and rooms that were available at WDW. We kept going back and forth - should we or shouldn't we. It would be fun, but could cost us some $$$$. We do have AP's, DVC would cover 2 of the nights, Southwest's flights were not that bad and we did have some credits to apply. Just the cost of food and a cash ressie for the last night. So he said lets............BOOK IT!!!

:cool1::cool1::cheer2::cheer2::goodvibes:goodvibes:thumbsup2:cloud9::cloud9:

So this is what we have..... SSR for 12/1 & 12/2 1 bedroom and waitlisted for 12/3. A reservation at CSR (can I really do a moderate after DVC for so many years :rolleyes1?) which I can cancel 5 days prior to arrival. Flight out on Thursday evening returning Sunday & Magical Express is all set up. Now we just have to wait for our waitlist to come through and Dh is going to call every day too. The cast member he spoke with at Member Service said that we have a good chance of getting something on points for 12/3. Fingers crossed for that one!!

Yippie....I get to enjoy the Christmas season at WDW this year!!! We never did a spur of the moment short trip like this before so I am excited.

When Dh got home from work, he looked at me and said......."we ARE crazy". Nah, we just LOVE Disney!!!!

Cyndi

Have a great time! I know how the pull of WDW at Christmas can be overwhelming. I have gone in December for the past 7 years but it was so cold last year that I swore I would not go this year. Now I find myself checking out confirmed reservations on the Rent/Trade Board. No dice for me, so you must have an extra good time on my behalf.

That's awesome! Looks like you need to add a new countdown tag to your signature! We must have been there the same time last year as Jean. We were freezing at MVMCP (as well as most mornings at the bus stop), but I would do it again in a heartbeat, even if we knew it would be just as cold.

Have a great time!:thumbsup2

How fun!!! A little pixie dust for the waitlist.

It's funny that my DH told me this weekend that he wondered what it would take for a few days during the holidays at SSR. I should share your story with him.

That's awesome! Looks like you need to add a new countdown tag to your signature! We must have been there the same time last year as Jean. We were freezing at MVMCP (as well as most mornings at the bus stop), but I would do it again in a heartbeat, even if we knew it would be just as cold.

Have a great time!:thumbsup2

Ha -- I was there at that same time, too! We pretty much wore every stitch of clothing in our suitcases [at the same time!] for most of the trip - cute little Michelin men we were. I just got back from WDW, to maximize that AP, and did see some of the Christmas decorations but would love to go back a few weeks from now to see everything else. Freezing or not, there is nothing like Christmas in WDW.

Cyndibear, I hope you and your DH have a lovely time!

I would love this kind of spur of the moment trip as well ,you two have fun and enjoy the sights and sounds of a Disney christmas because they are the best .

Have a great time!!! This is our second year missing Disney at Christmas time. Sooo sad:sad1: We are waiting till January for the marathon.

I am sooo jealous. Have a great time. Sounds like you have a dh that loves Disney as much as you do.

We did that at Thanksgiving time last year...DH asked what we were doing for Thanksgiving, as we both have lost our parents and he considers us orphans now :), so we decided to take a quick trip to the world to see the decorations...DH works for UPS so he can't take a vaca at that time:sad2:...that weekend we became DVC owners...what a great time!!! Last minute vacas are the best...enjoy!!!!!

We have done something spur of the moment a week in advance before, granted we live less than 2 hours away! Luckily they had availability at SSR :rotfl2: you guys ARE crazy....and I am all for it! :thumbsup2 what a fun trip it will be! Have tons of fun :banana:

That would be crazy good!

We have to grow old, but we don't have to grow up. Seeing the magic at WDW keeps us young.

Thanks for everyone's well wishes!!!! I do have the best Dh in the WORLD. He spoils me rotten!!! He does love Disney as much as I do. We are a great fit!!

Anyway, just wanted to update that we got another day at a DVC resort!!!! We are no longer staying at CSR!!!! A BWV studio opened up for December 3rd and we snatched that up. We now are waitlisted for the complete stay at BWV but if that doesn't work the split stay between SSR BWF will be fine too!!! Just can't wait!!!

Cyndi

I'm glad you got the extra night at DVC too! We've done a spur of the moment trip one August, I just missed Disney too much, and DH agreed. It does help when the two of you are like that!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter