Just bought into the DVC

Trishtack

Mouseketeer
Okay we just bought into the DVC with BLT being our home resort. I would welcome any information, comments, etc. on the DVC and on BLT.

Thanks!

Welcome home!! Have fun exploring through the threads....you will find all sorts of useful info!!

We own at SSR but stayed at BLT in Feb and it is now our favorite resort. The space of the 2bd living room was great for our group of 9; we didn't feel crowded at all. We played boccie ball, shuffle board, tennis and used the pool and hot tub. We borrowed a game at the Cummunity Hall and also got a movie.
It's a great place. Our room, 8002 had a beautiful view of the lake and space mountain with a view of the caslte when looking off the balcony.

Have fun!

Welcome home! :cool1:

We just joined last year but our home is on the other coast, at the Villas at Grand Californian. I have learned A LOT poking around these forums though and BLT is where we hope to stay if my dh decides to do the WDW Marathon in 2012.

:cloud9:WELCOME HOME!!:cloud9:
My home is SSR but I am really intrigued by BLT and hope to stay there one day. These boards will give you almost more than you ever needed to know and are really fun to read... If you come up with specific questions, ask and you will get a whole lot of wonderful answers.
Bottom line, you'll love DVC and will enjoy all the new friends you will make on these boards.:dance3:

Hi Trishtack,
Congratulations on becoming a DVC member. :goodvibes Bay Lake is a wonderful resort. As many others have said these boards are a fantastic source of information so any questions be sure and ask. Enjoy and look forward to many magical vacations. :thumbsup2
________
SUBARU FORESTER

I was surprised to see how much bigger the 1 bedroom was at BLT compared to a 1 bedroom concierge at AK Jambo. BLT is great for access to monorail and monorail resorts, EPCOT, and MK. Hope you enjoy your stays for the next 49 years. Or, if you die before then, well....enjoy your stays. ;) (I'll be 91).

Welcome Home, Neighbor! There is a thread by work2play about the room views at BLT. There is summary on the first page with a list of reported rooms with their views and people have posted photos of the views. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

Many have reported that the 1BR and 2BR's are very roomy. And then there's the advantage of having an extra bathroom off of the living room.

When we stayed there 3/1 - 3/8 we thought it was really convenient using the skybridge to CR. And the walk to MK was a cinch, we were at the entrance to MK in less than 10 minutes walking at a fairly slow pace. Had to stop for photos of BLT and the monorail you know. I know many people returned to CR/BLT via the resort monorail as the CR is the first stop. You have to travel the entire resort monorail loop to go to MK from CR, that means stops at the TTC, Poly, GF and then MK. Much quicker to walk to MK.

Welcome! We bought BLT in December! Our first stay is this July but we're staying at Beach Club Villas and Animal Kingdom. :cool1:

Thanks so much for all the warm welcome! I became addicted to DIS when playing our first trip last year!

I love the post about enjoying until I die....I'll be 88 when the contract expires....guess it will be a contest to see who expires first....the contract or me...

My DH was paralyzed in 08 and is a paraplegic. BLT was the only DVC I could consider due to needing the monorail! I love that you all are stating that the walk to MK is less than 10 minutes!

Thanks so much for the link to the room info. I have been looking all day for that.

Sorry I didn't personalize the responses but I'm rushing to get my 4 1/2 yr old to bed at not an ungodly hour...

Welcome Home!
I recommend www.gardengrocer.com they deliver groceries to your resort. If they arrive before you check in, Bell Services will hold and keep perishables cold. It's fun planning ahead and ordering groceries from home!
If you have a Disney Visa card... putting Maintenance fees on it helps to build up rewards. We purchase Annual passes with it too.

Just another thought....

When we bought in we didn't want to do the Disney Visa card, but we opened a checking account with Chase and got the Disney Rewards debit card.

You get points 1/2 as fast as the Visa card, but hey, some is better than none.

Debit card - 1 Disney Dollar per $200
Credit card - 1 Disney Dollar per $100

Thanks everyone for the great welcome!

Any recommendations for our first trip as DVC members?

Last yr was our first family trip to Disney (DH and I had been once before as adults) and we stayed at the Poly and went the last week of Sept. which was hot and crowded....

I am trying to decide between the week of Thanksgiving, the week before Christmas or the week after including NYE.

Anyone with experience during these times have any recs. It would be hard to push DHs chair and keep up with a 5 yr old in major crowds. I am guessing this excludes the week after NYE?

We're owners at SSR & BLT and had our first BLT stay about 6 weeks ago. Absolutely incredible. Welcome Home! :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter