Just Bought DVC

WEDWAY100

Mouseketeer
Hi - I just bought 200 points at VGC (at DL). I have taken the tour in FL several times and finally took the plunge. I asked when my first tour was, they told me 1995. So it only took me 15 years to decide.

I got a Sept use year, with an incentive of all 200 Sept 09 points. I immediately banked the 09 use year so now I have 0 current points and 400 coming on Sept 1 2010. I can't wait to use them.

I live in FL and decided to buy in CA because that's where I'll get use of the 11 month window. When I visit WDW, it's close enough that I don't plan it far in advance. For WDW, I appreciate any tips/tricks any of you know to get availability on short notice. I am completely flexible at WDW and don't care what resort I get, but want to minimize points where possible. It would be either just me or just 2 of us staying, so studios would be best (but also the hardest to get on short notice??).

I am going to plan a trip to CA soon for 2011 and look forward to using the points at VGC. That should be fun!

Yay you!!! Grats on the purchase and have fun on your trip. Wish I had tips to give you but am still pondering the purchase. Haven't ever even been to Florida :eek: .

Congratulations & Welcome Home!!!!

Wow, I thought DH took the most time...wait until I tell him about your 15 year decision. But then again, maybe I should not tell him because he will always remind me he is not the slowest decision maker!!!

This is great that you finally made the decision to move ahead and start enjoying DVC like so many of us here....:cool1:

Thanks everyone! I have already made a ressie for November in a 2BR at OKW to take my parents there. They are very excited about it and I would have never done that without DVC. Also looking forward to that first VGC stay!

Thanks again to everyone!

Already had my first DVC stay. I got a last minute studio for 7/4 at AKV (Kidani). It was a great room! I had to try a couple of times but was surprised I could get anything at all on 7/4. I'm very satisfied with the first experience.

In my experience, SSR and OKW studios are typically available on shortish notice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter