Just booked!!

That is great. :banana: We booked Nov. 1 -15, in a tent site. I was trying to get Oct. 31 so the two DDs 16 & 7 could go trick or treating, but I gave up on that. We will be leaving VT. Oct. 27 and driving to Destin Fl. for a couple of days then heading to the Fort bright and early on the first. Maybe we will be there the same time.

We are planning on doing the Christmas party around the 8th :santa:.

That is great. :banana: We booked Nov. 1 -15, in a tent site. I was trying to get Oct. 31 so the two DDs 16 & 7 could go trick or treating, but I gave up on that. We will be leaving VT. Oct. 27 and driving to Destin Fl. for a couple of days then heading to the Fort bright and early on the first. Maybe we will be there the same time.

We are planning on doing the Christmas party around the 8th :santa:.

We will be there the same time. Only not as long for us. Nov. 2-10. We will be in a premium site and requested 600 loop. Not sure if we will do the Christmas party this year. The kids love it because of the short wait times for rides, but we have done it twice already. That first party usually sells out so make sure you buy your tickets in advance.

I am sure you will have a blast. Since you had not planned on going, look into going/doing stuff you have not done in the past. We spent 2 days and one evening (park hopping) at Hollywood just exploring all the nooks and crannies. It was fun just not having an agenda of rides.

I am sure you will have a blast. Since you had not planned on going, look into going/doing stuff you have not done in the past. We spent 2 days and one evening (park hopping) at Hollywood just exploring all the nooks and crannies. It was fun just not having an agenda of rides.

We have non expiring tickets so we have the option of up to 6 days in the parks or none at all. We are planning a lot of down time at the Fort. My kids don't like Hollywood Studios. We skipped AK the last 2 trips so I would like to spend a day there. MK is a must! I would be happy to skip EPCOT this trip, but the kids want to go, so we'll see.

They also asked to go to Chef Mickey again and they want to try BOG so I will be scrambling for a reservation....

edited to add,

We always went every other year. In 2012 we bought our first mh in Tampa while on our Disney trip. We went back in 2013 to stay at the Fort for the first time, so I had every intention of skipping this year. But then the 2014-2015 school calendar came out. My kids are usually in school 2 days of "jersey week" but this year they got the whole week off! I just couldn't waste the week! We pretty much have to go south because campgrounds up here are all seasonal and closed. Since we already have tickets, it's pretty cost effective to head back to the Fort. I just hate the drive...

We have non expiring tickets so we have the option of up to 6 days in the parks or none at all. We are planning a lot of down time at the Fort. My kids don't like Hollywood Studios. We skipped AK the last 2 trips so I would like to spend a day there. MK is a must! I would be happy to skip EPCOT this trip, but the kids want to go, so we'll see.

They also asked to go to Chef Mickey again and they want to try BOG so I will be scrambling for a reservation....

edited to add,

We always went every other year. In 2012 we bought our first mh in Tampa while on our Disney trip. We went back in 2013 to stay at the Fort for the first time, so I had every intention of skipping this year. But then the 2014-2015 school calendar came out. My kids are usually in school 2 days of "jersey week" but this year they got the whole week off! I just couldn't waste the week! We pretty much have to go south because campgrounds up here are all seasonal and closed. Since we already have tickets, it's pretty cost effective to head back to the Fort. I just hate the drive...

The drive is a pain! I do all the driving there and back (23 hrs) each way, while DW and the kids sleep. When we visit my parents in Destin we are going to pick up a couple of milatary one day passes for Animal Kingdom. From what I have seen, May 1 is when Christmas tickets go on sale.

The drive is a pain! I do all the driving there and back (23 hrs) each way, while DW and the kids sleep. When we visit my parents in Destin we are going to pick up a couple of milatary one day passes for Animal Kingdom. From what I have seen, May 1 is when Christmas tickets go on sale.

Yes, the first week of May is typical. The party is from 7pm to midnight, but in case you don't know it, they let you in at 4pm with the party ticket (at least they always have). They offer free cookies, apple juice, hot cocoa and apple slices during the party, but not all of the restaurants are open during the event, so plan your dinner time and choice accordingly.

The first time we went to the parade and fireworks. The second time we rode rides during the fireworks and parade times and literally rode multiple times without getting off the rides. We were on the uphill of splash mountain seeing the fireworks overhead. That time of year can be very warm one day and very cold the next, so pack accordingly.

Edited to add, my hubby does most of the driving as well. I sometimes drive for an hour or 2, but I am not used to driving the motorhome. We always take 2 days and stop to sleep. Last year we actually left on Thursday evening for a Saturday arrival and stopped twice, once in VA and once in GA. We also stopped in NC at a truck stop for an oil change and dinner with friends. Coming home we plan to stop only 1 night.

I was not saying to spend that amount of time at Hollywood, but consider slowing down a little and exploring more then just the rides at some of the parks. I have been to AK every year at least one day. But you know up until last year I had never taken the little train up to Rafikis planet watch and have not been through the jungle trek since AK first opened. That was the idea I was talking about....

I was not saying to spend that amount of time at Hollywood, but consider slowing down a little and exploring more then just the rides at some of the parks. I have been to AK every year at least one day. But you know up until last year I had never taken the little train up to Rafikis planet watch and have not been through the jungle trek since AK first opened. That was the idea I was talking about....

:thumbsup2 I hear you. It's just not always easy to convince the kids who want to ride, ride, ride.

They do stop and enjoy the environment too though. We love both of the jungle treks and Rafiki's. They also love exploring Tom Sawyer island, and climbing up the Swiss Family Robinson tree house.

I would also like to go to AKL and visit to see the Savannah from there, and walk or bike the path to Wilderness lodge to check it out. We visited the Grand Floridian last trip to see the Gingerbread houses.

We do the same. Visit other resorts, etc. Last visit was nice as we didnt have the ride ride ride syndrome going on. Still enjoyed the rides, but the mood was a little nicer. though we did actually hit toy story every day we where at Hollywood.

we didn't have the ride ride ride syndrome going on.
Our last trip was spring break last year. We knew it was going to be crazy (did other spring break trips and said "never again"). We went with a completely different attitude. Do the 1 or 2 rides we really want and then enjoy everything/anything else that wasn't too busy. We always resort hop to check out the other places. We just did a little more of that. Also stopped in to some of the park things that we normally blew past thinking they weren't worth it. Found a few that surprised us. Found some that we know not to bother with next trip.

j

Agreed on all points teamubr. Since we go down the first weekend after new years and stay for 2 weeks we see some of the lowest crowd points most of the time. That gives us pretty easy access to all the rides, though splash mountain and kali rapids are usually off the list even if they are not down for refirbishment.

I would enjoy going during a wamer time of the season, but for the 3 families that travel together we all have our common commitments starting the end of March with SCCA Drivers school. First is WDCR then SNJ regions. Even this weekend, half of are working an event for NASA-MA at Summit Point, the other half will be at NJMP for the SNJ SCCA 12 hour race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter