Just Booked Romantic Escape at Sea

amtmommy

Mouseketeer
Well after thinking about doing this for a while I finally bit the bullet and did it.
IMHO, this is so worth the 299, for these reasons.
I was planning on doing the following regardless.
The spa taster for 89.00
The massage for 89.00
dinner at palo for 20.00
ordering a champage basket for the room - didn't get a price yet.
but probally at least 50-60.

Now for 299, all that comes with it (my hubby doesn't do massages so they said they would work out two treatments at the spa, you need to work that on board, but I was told this shoudn't be a problem).
And I got to pick my dinner rotation,
Made my Palo reservations for Dinner and Brunch
Made my Spa appointment.
Also was able to switch my dinner seating time from late to early.
I think that is worth the extra 50.00 when we spent thousands on this trip.
So now instead of doing the reservation scramble when we board we can start our vacation together, relax, tour the ship and sign DD up for the clubs.

Having said that, if you weren't planning on doing the spa treatments at all then it is pricey just for a basket, and dinner at Palos.
We are sailing on April 17, and I just did this today, so if you are

I agree with you -- since I'm going to do all those things anyway, I might as well get some perks, too!

I tried to add it to my Feb 2005 res, but was told the package isn't in the system yet for 2005. My TA said I should call later to add it -- DCL wouldn't discontinue REAS, would they?? THAT would be awful! :( I'm already looking forward to my rose petals! ;) Not to mention avoiding the reservation scramble.

Have a great time, amtmommy, and enjoy your romance!

--CC

I just looked at the Romantic Escape???????

I don't see anything about the Spa Taster in the package????

Am I missing something???

Also, the dinner charge of Palo is still $20.00, or is that included in the package price??? I thought we still would have to pay the $20.00?

Can you help? Show me or tell me where you received your information....

Thanks

I've done this package already, and at the spa when you get there you have a choice of two - either the Well Being Massage or the Spa Taster. And yes, the Palo DINNER price *is* included int he package, but not the brunch charge. :)

Thanks.....
That helps w/ my decision..............
I just wanted to find out exactly what is included or not....

Can you tell me more about the Champagne Breakfast...how it was, what type of food, did you get a choice(menu), etc.

What is the turn down service all about??

HELP!! I can't find the Wellness massage on the Disney site under spa?? What is the wellness massage, and do you know the cost?

I hope yopu can help.................

Thanks in advance.....

I put a photo of the normal breakfast menu side by side with the champagne breakfast menu in the other thread, it starts with my username...there are also photos and descriptions of the turndown in that thread, from my cruise. :)

THe Well being massage is a full body massage, whereas the spa taster is basically the back of you (shoulders, neck, legs, feet) then you turn over and have a facial. For the hubbies that have "spa fright" (as I know many do!), the spa taster is a better way to ease into things, I'd think...

I didn't pay attention to the cost, actually, sorry, can't help on that one!

The well Being Masage is $89.00 for 50 minutes. I belive it's a basic massage with oils.

The Champage Brunch isn't included, but they will make your reservation for you. If you were planning on doing that anyway.

The package comes with a Champage Breakfast in bed, that is an expanded Room service menu with 2 glasses of champage or mimosas.

They will also book your Tea at Palo if you like as well.

Hope this helps.

Ok......THANKS!!!
I am going to book it......NOT going to tell my wife....I want it to be a surprise!!

Thanks.....:sunny:

OH!!! If I pick my rotation, how do I know what morning I get for the character breakfast, so I don't book the same morning for the champagne breakfast.....WOW...another question...Sorry!

Does DCL call you to set this up (we will be paying for this today thru DU) or do you have to call them. Our cruise is 4/3/04 and I hope I'm not too late.

Originally posted by dtheboys
OH!!! If I pick my rotation, how do I know what morning I get for the character breakfast, so I don't book the same morning for the champagne breakfast.....WOW...another question...Sorry!

The character breakfast is the morning AFTER your first time at Animator's Palate. We did the brunch that morning, not knowing it...but we had the late dinner, so we had the 9:30 character breakfast, and 10am brunch - we went with the kids for coffee and characters, then left them on their own to finish it and went to brunch to eat ourselves...

And eat we did. *grin*

Originally posted by FanofDis
Does DCL call you to set this up (we will be paying for this today thru DU) or do you have to call them. Our cruise is 4/3/04 and I hope I'm not too late.

If you have a TA,you have to use them for this. It isn't too late and remember have your times for Palo and Spa ready - check the Navigator for other events during those times so you can get the best of everything!

Rae

I just got off the phone with Debbie at DCL - what a charming young woman she is!!! Just so sweet and accomodating!

I was able to get everything I wanted but will need to ask for our server to join our rotation at the embarkation. I really hope this can be done! But knowing Disney, it will!!

I am so thankful to you first and foremost for getting all the information together about what is involved with the REAS and posting it for us. I can not believe that for once I will not have to race around like a nutcase to get these reservations made!

My first glass of bubbly will be dedicated to you!!!!

Hugs,
Rae

*blush*

Pshaw...I was only returning the favor to everyone here who helped us immensely, really it's not that big a deal! I'm glad to hear you finally got it all set up, that's the only frustrating thing is the misunderstanding between who should call whom and when to call, and so on! :)

I think Disney should do something for this Debbie...I haven't heard anything but raves about her. I didn't have the honor of speaking to her myself because we went through MIL the TA, but to hear time after time after time how wonderful and cheerful and exuberant this one employee is, I hope she gets some recognition. ::yes::

Originally posted by The4OfUs
[BI think Disney should do something for this Debbie...I haven't heard anything but raves about her. I didn't have the honor of speaking to her myself because we went through MIL the TA, but to hear time after time after time how wonderful and cheerful and exuberant this one employee is, I hope she gets some recognition. ::yes:: [/B]

I do too! She really is deserving of some type of recognition because she handles so much and is so pleasant and asks, "Is there anything else I can do for you?" AND SHE MEANS IT!!!

Rae

If you were only doing the 3 night cruise, would you bother doing the Romance Package? We are going on our first cruise and I am wondering if we will have time for the spa or Palo...the rest of the package sounds like fun though!

The4ofus... can you please help me find that thread you were talking about???

I called DCL today to book the Banana Boat on CC and while I was talking to the rep. (forgot his name) I asked about the REAS package because, believe it or not, DH is more interested in this than me! Anyway, he ran down the list of heavenly treats but failed to mention your ability to choose your dinner rotation. When I asked about that specifically, he told me it is not included!
I keep seeing posts where folks mention being able to choose as an added benefit... you can't all be in Cat. 1-2-3!!!

Is there anyone out there who, like me, will be in a Cat. 9, (or something other than concierge) and has some experience with booking this package and being able to choose (or not) their dining rotation.

DH said to call back and ask another person at DCL, but I figured I'd hit the boards and go to the real experts!! I guess if I call DCL I need to track down Debbie for the real scoop!!

We had the REAS last month on the Magic. When you speak to Debbie, the Dining Coordinator, you can request a dining rotation. I found that Debbie can do some things as a courtesy that are not listed in the package. Debbie was great because she is very knowledgeable about what is happening on the ship and can make sure your ressies don't conflict with some other key event. She can make Palo Brunch and Tea ressies though they are not covered in the REAS. Expect to speak to her within a week or two before you set sail. It is also good to do some homework on this board to get an idea of when you want to go to Palo's and have your spa treatments before you talk to her. The people on this board are fantastic with sharing their experiences.

michael

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter