Just Booked PORS Tell Me if I Picked the Right Building

tweetie

Mouseketeer
I picked the Bayou section and requested Building 39 has anyone ever stayed in that building? I just love this resort, we have stayed here only one other time and it was on the Mansion side.

you do realize that its only a request, right. Theres no guarantee...
You can be placed Anywhere unless you upgraded (of course with a cost) for a particular view, area etc...
For example if you wanted AB section right next to the main building, you must pay for the UPgraded preferred room. Its actually the ONLY way we choose to stay POR. Its just so huge and to be so far from the main bidg is a deal breaker for us...
Just so you know, its just a request, no guarantee...And depending on when you arrive, day/season/time....its all just chance..

I do hope you get exactly what you want...Pixie Dust your way pixiedust:

Yes I do know it is only a request so we will see when we get there, it isn't until September:)

I will be arriving at POR on March 9th- I requested Alligator Bayou because it's quieter and more secluded than Magnolia Bend- I haven't stayed there yet, but based on what I see I decided I'd like the theming more.

We are at POR right now in building 38 in Alligator Bayou. The room is super cute and the walk is not bad to anywhere. My only real issue is lack of storage in the room. The pull down bed, which my DD loves, replaces the dresser. I didn't think this would be an issue but it is is little cramped without being able to take stuff out of suitcases.

I picked the Bayou section and requested Building 39 has anyone ever stayed in that building? I just love this resort, we have stayed here only one other time and it was on the Mansion side.

As you are aware, from a PP, you can HOPE to get into AB, and you can HOPE to get bldg 39, but there is absolutely no guarantee that you will get either unless you are a family of 5. If the resort is heavily booked, these families are preferentially placed in AB. Not sure the size of your family.

As for Bld 39, did you book a water view, garden view or king bed room? Those are the room categories in that building. You can find the location of various room categories in each building by clicking on this link:
http://www.portorleans.org/maps-and-directions.php. Clicking on an individual building will give you a pop up map of the building itself, with each of the room categories shown.

Of course you might really get pixie dusted and get one of these rooms even if you have booked a standard room. It will all depend on how busy the resort is when you arrive.

We are at POR right now in building 38 in Alligator Bayou. The room is super cute and the walk is not bad to anywhere. My only real issue is lack of storage in the room. The pull down bed, which my DD loves, replaces the dresser. I didn't think this would be an issue but it is is little cramped without being able to take stuff out of suitcases.

I agree, I miss the armoire for that reason....we tend to hang everything we can...I actually bring hangers in my suitcase pockets :rotfl: and I found that using the hanger type storage hangy thing also helps

Have a great time....will be returning in a few weeks and I cant wait...its like our second home
matter of fact with all our stays there (I think at this point its like 25+ just at POR) I prob should own a room if not a building...:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter