Just booked POR -

sdd1841

Mouseketeer
This is our first stay on disney property - I booked Port Orleans Riverside because of the trundle bed...I really do not know much about this resort. Any info positive or negative would be much appreciated. We were able to get 2 nights for 275.63...I know I can get a 2 bedroom condo off site for less but would really like to try out the disney experience just once. IS POR a good selection?

We stayed at POR in 08 because we needed a room with a trundle too. I loved it. The boat ride to DTD was so enjoyable in the evenings. It definitely had the Disney resort feel. If you can afford it I would stick with it. No condo off property can compete with being inside the Disney magic.

POR is nice and the boat ride to DTD is a plus. Just remember there are no elevators. Found that out the hard way last year with my parents. Somehow I forgot about that part. It is pretty though. I think I like the bayou more than the plantations though.

We stayed in '03 and loved it there. I really liked the swampy/bayou feeling and the kids loved the pool. My sis's family needed a trundle bed and they said it worked out fine. You'll have a great time.

We have stayed there twice and enjoyed it both times.
The pools were great and the food court is awesome!! :)

We used the buses to go to the parks and no trouble at all. The bus stop were not far from our room. and the stop at MK is closer than alot of the other resorts.

My son loves the geckos that are all over the property.... my daughters hated them :scared1:

have fun!

:cool2:

You will love it. Do not expect in your face disney, but the touches are nice. We had a great time, the front desk were helpful and mousekeeping was awesome.

The food court had <I don not know of any changes since '07> different stations depending on what you want to eat. My DW has mentioned 3 times since I started writing this that the pasta station was AWESOME. :yay:

So, go and enjoy your stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter