Just booked our hotel for next month...

DisneyMomma81

DIS Veteran
Got the Crowne Plaza for $44 per night (Priceline.com) I started out at $40 - got rejected, added a non 3.5 * area, raised my bid by $2, got rejected again, added a 2nd non 3.5 * area, raised my bid to $43 - got rejected again ~ finally added a 3rd non 3.5 * area, raised my bid to $44 and SUCCESS! I'll have a $12 per day resort fee ~ so I'll say I got it for $56 per night.

We stayed here last month and it was lovely. I'll need to pay for a taxi to take us to DLR on Tues. for our MM and to PP on Wed. for our early breakfast with Lilo & Stitch. They do share a shuttle with 2 other resorts/hotels so we'll use that to get back in the evenings and to the parks on our arrival day (Mon 5/11) if however we get from the airport to CP (my cousin or Ron, the driver we've used several times) doesn't want to/can't wait for us to check in/drop off our luggage.

It's right across the street from Target (I went there twice last month to pick some things up).

I'll only be slightly disappointed with this if the ent. rate comes out for our dates at HoJo's.

Wow $56 a night? Much better than whatever we're paying at the DLH right now. :(

I've never used priceline, but I heard it wasn't family friendly - something about only 2 people per room? Do you have more than 2 people staying? Is that ever an issue for you?

I'm looking at booking an off site hotel for our DL trip in Sept and looking for great hotel deals to extend our park stay! :)

Also, what's the hojo ent deal? I'm clueless as we always stay at DLH.

Nice!

Last Dec only a few days before our trip I got the Hilton for 59/night (plus $12 parking) through hotwire and felt pretty good about it!

Burnside...HoJo Anaheim has a tremendous discount with the Entertainment Book rate; of course it's not an all the time deal. You have to go directly to them, either through their specific website or just calling them directly and speaking with "in house reservations" at the Anaheim hotel. I can't remember if they have the $59 deal anymore, but if they don't then they start at $69 for pretty nice rooms! They are walking distance, have lovely grounds (a pirate themed waterplay area with hottub and toddler pool (if I've read things correctly) and a pretty pool in a "garden" area.

I think the priceline thing is that they only guarantee *room* for 2 people. But if you do your research on one of the websites with tutorial type info (I've used betterbidding dot com when I was preparing to use hotwire for hotel and rental car...they do priceline too), you can end up with a pretty good idea of what hotel you'll end up in. The OP, by choosing that area and 3.5, was probably either going to get the Hyatt or Hilton (at least on hotwire those would be the two), and they don't have tiny rooms, so more would work.

FYI, the HoJo does have the $59 rate for the Pavilion rooms that are double/double. I booked that rate for our December trip. :)

OP congrats, you'll enjoy that hotel, it's very nice!! so, here's a question, I was considering trying Priceline for our July trip (I know, peak season, not as likely) after your bid is accepted do you get to contact the hotel to let them know how many are in your party? I've never used PL because we always have 4 in our party.....

FYI, the HoJo does have the $59 rate for the Pavilion rooms that are double/double. I booked that rate for our December trip. :)

OP congrats, you'll enjoy that hotel, it's very nice!! so, here's a question, I was considering trying Priceline for our July trip (I know, peak season, not as likely) after your bid is accepted do you get to contact the hotel to let them know how many are in your party? I've never used PL because we always have 4 in our party.....

Pixie ~

I called CP minutes after my bid was accepted, gave the lady I spoke with my Priceline conf. # ~ she found my res. I told her that it'll be me and my 2 kids so if we could get 2 queens that would be great.

I did the same thing for our visit last month and we got a room with 2 Q's.

I read on the Micechat thread that other people have done the same -- they call the hotels to confirm their ressie and put in specific room type requests. I believe most have gotten it. Again, it's not guaranteed. So I think the main thing is to get the room for a great rate and then if you have to pay for a roll away, it doesn't hurt as much.

we stayed at the crown plaza (i'm assuming the same one its orange with three wings radiating from the lobby and is a bit south of DL) in Sept 2001 on our last visit to DL and it was a new hotel

it was very nice and very quiet. i loved the spacious bathrooms with the tile floors. you got an incredible deal congrats!:cheer2:

Pixie ~

I called CP minutes after my bid was accepted, gave the lady I spoke with my Priceline conf. # ~ she found my res. I told her that it'll be me and my 2 kids so if we could get 2 queens that would be great.

I did the same thing for our visit last month and we got a room with 2 Q's.

Good to know! Thanks....

And I have no clue why my post is up there twice, I really only hit submit once....

I saw that hotel when we were there over Easter break. I wanted to check it out but didn't have time, because I saw where people had won it on betterbidding. How awesome! I never did priceline because I wasn't sure about some of the properties. But I will try it before our August trip. If I don't get the good price, I still have my HoJo ressies :)
Thanks for the post!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter