Just booked our first stay at POFQ!!

JerseyKate

Earning My Ears
Greetings!

We'll be arrving the first week in November - so excited, just had to share!! Any suggestions, tips, FYI's would be appreciated!

I was there in June and had the most perfect room! I booked a standard view room and requested ground floor in building 4. We received room 4032 and it was awesome!! It was right next door to the food court so we didn't get wet when walking back to our room. And..it was literally steps away from the buses. Even though it was a standard view room, we couldn't find anything wrong with our view. We were able to see the nightly movie right from our window! POFQ is my favorite moderate resort. Hope you like it as much as I did! Have fun!

Oh... the only negative thing I can say about the resort is how they load the boats to DTD. Still can't figure out how they do it... Just be prepared for a long wait...

I've just booked our second stay there! Stayed there last Easter and now booked for next Easter we all loved the resort it's a lovely size, not far to walk to the buses, food court or pool. The food court was ok, nothing wrong with it at all but the one over at Riverside was just a bit better, it's only a very short walk there. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful stay xx

Jealous! That's my favorite moderate resort! since there will be 5 of us on our next trip, it will have to be POR. Anyway.. I'm excited for you because it is a great resort!! Make sure you take the boat down to DTD! Enjoy the ride!

If you have time, check out the courtyard in front of bldg #3. It is so pretty! It was one beautiful sunny day with a slight breeze, I just sat there on the iron wrought bench in front of the fountain, just relaxing. Again, if you have time, stroll down the river to POR and check out the Magnolia Bend bldgs and the Alligator Bayou bldgs. Disney did an excellent job with the theming as if they plucked you back in those days.. reminds me of Huckleberry and Finn days.

POR and POFQ does remind me of the movie "The Princess and the Frog" because of the bayou and the New Orleans.

Have a wonderful time!!

Thanks for the feedback! We've stayed at all the values (except AoA), CBR and the campground as well as a couple of off-site places. We are so looking forward to this new experience.

Love POFQ, it was our fav. We have 5 now, so we can't stay there without booking 2 rooms, so won't happen. We tried POR this year and not impressed. Wish we could do POFQ.....everything is wonderful. the only advise is if you do a lot of counter service at the resort, venture over to POR, because the selection is very limited at FQ. Even the drink coolers are so small and very little selection compared to every other place we've stayed

Love POFQ, it was our fav. We have 5 now, so we can't stay there without booking 2 rooms, so won't happen. We tried POR this year and not impressed. Wish we could do POFQ.....everything is wonderful. the only advise is if you do a lot of counter service at the resort, venture over to POR, because the selection is very limited at FQ. Even the drink coolers are so small and very little selection compared to every other place we've stayed

Squeezing myself here.. forgive me. This is what I am afraid of. We have stayed at POFQ 3x and loved every each moment. Next year there will be 5 of us and we have no choice in the moderate but to stay at POR. I hope we will like it as much as POFQ. I said to myself that if we miss POFQ that much that we will have to take the boat to POFQ and use their amenities and use POR just to sleep. :) I wish POFQ was also built for 5 guests.

What I love about POFQ is sharing amenities with sister resort POR. You can do food courts at both, menus are different at each. You can do pool visits at both. Both resorts have live singer/musicians Weds-Sat, and it's worth it to visit both. I love the little courtyards at POFQ with lovely fountains, and the beautiful stroll along the river. At night I love the sound of the horse and carriage. And last, the boat to DTD. If not for that boat, we wouldn't bother with DTD (long bus ride). By boat, DTD is rather quick, and it opens up new CS/TS possibilities. Plus there's World of Disney, Basin, Christmas Shoppe, etc.

Enjoy your stay!

Haven't booked yet, but we're planning to stay at POFQ in December - our first stay at a mod. I'm getting excited seeing all these great comments :-)

Have fun!!

We have visited all the deluxe resorts and always come back to POFQ. The staff is second to none!:thumbsup2

We stayed at POFQ last fall for the first time and it was FANTASTIC!!! We had a ground floor, building 4 room and it was great - close to the food court and super close to the bus stop. We are going back the first week of Oct. DH really wanted to stay at the Contemporary again, but I just couldn't justify the price when POFQ was so nice.

Wow! I was all set to stay at POR next September, having loved it the last time we went. But this thread is making me think twice. My only reservation about staying there was the pool. I wasn't impressed with it. I know we can use POR's pool, but I'm pretty sure we won't want to walk up there that often. Thoughts?

You will not be disappointed! POFQ is my favorite resort ever since I stayed there for the first time in 2008. I fell in love right away. It is so small and charming. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are newly renovated with queen beds and the boat to DTD is my most favorite perk of staying there! If POR & FQ do happen to share busses (sometimes they don't, at least both times we stayed at each resort they barely shared), POFQ is picked up first and dropped off first so that is always nice. I will be staying there next month, in a river view room and I cannot wait to wake up to the Sassagoula each morning! Have a great trip!!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter