Just booked Orange Lake Resort fo Spring Break

punkin

<font color=purple>Went through pain just to look
This is all very last minute for me. I usually book a lot further out and I know nothing about this resort. Is it any good? We got a 2 BR for 5 people (2 adults 3 kids) through alpharooms. I have never dealt with them either. I am a little worried. Can anyone tell me anything?

I would do a search for alparooms.com on the boards. There do have some reviews. they is most a UK company. I have read the reviews on here they seem fine.

Don't be worried! This is a beautiful resort! It is, however, MASSIVE in size. Depending on where your unit is located, you may have to drive to the pools.

You could maybe call them and ask to be placed near the newest pool area. I forget the name of the location, but someone else will know I'm sure.

It is pretty close to Disney as well. You would come out the Sherbeth Road way and make a right onto 192. It also has a Publix right there if that helps.

Check out the reviews on redweek or the tug2.net board.

You will have a fabulous time!!:)

Thank you. I have been looking at reviews on tripadvisor and most of them seem positive if you don't do a timeshare presentation, which I intend to avoid like the plague anyway. If anyone has personal experience at the resort, I would be thankful for input.

Orange Lake Resort is owned by Holiday Inns so you know it will be well taken care of. Enjoy your vacation.

We stayed there and the accommodations were amazing if you can stomach the daily timeshare phone call and them accosting you at your car at 8 a.m. This happened to us the last time we stayed there. The first time was fine and nothing happened though so hopefully you can have that kind of stay. Ask if you are in the East section as they have the best buildings.

We stayed there and the accommodations were amazing if you can stomach the daily timeshare phone call and them accosting you at your car at 8 a.m. This happened to us the last time we stayed there. The first time was fine and nothing happened though so hopefully you can have that kind of stay. Ask if you are in the East section as they have the best buildings.

I read about the timeshare hounding on tripadvisor. I figure we can always unplug the phone. There is no way my DH is going to sit through a timeshare presentation without committing murder. ;)

I read about the timeshare hounding on tripadvisor. I figure we can always unplug the phone. There is no way my DH is going to sit through a timeshare presentation without committing murder. ;)

Hi punkin.
I hadn't had a chance to PM you since I had to come home and help dh shovel..gggrrr......LOTS of snow today!
Even though we own, we still get daily calls on the phone, no matter what t/s we stay in.
Sometimes I answer the phone and get right to the point, tell them no thank you and if you are interested you will call them. Make it quick and right to the point. IF you give them a little glimmer of hope, they may get you LOL
I have never seen them come up to a car (how would they know when you are leaving?) but they do call. Sometimes I don't answer but that just means the call the next day. Just get it over with very quickly on the first call and it will be fine.
As others have said, it is a very big resort.
Call and request the East Village (it is also where we own). It is newer then the West Village. There is also River Island, but you would know if you were staying there. Even though I am in East Village, I can easily walk to River Island. I am sure others have done it without a car, but it is MUCH easier if you have a car or rent one. If you will be staying onsite one or two days, call ahead and request a cabana. I always get the same one since I love the location. PM me if you decide to do it and I'll give you the name of the one I always request. If we drive, we pack a cooler for the car and use it for our pool days at OLCC. You can pack it with your lunch and drinks and don't have to purchase from the stands (although the food isn't bad).
There are some good restaurants too at OLCC as well as bars.
There is a supermarket on site where you can purchase your food for the week. We usually get to OLCC and do the food shopping, stuff it in the car and then check in. They are pretty strict about their 4 pm check in.
I own other timeshares and usually can request early check in. Can't do that at OLCC.
It is VERY close to Disney. They built a new road a few years ago that takes you right to Disney property. If you do a search on here, it will give you directions I am sure, but you can always ask at check in. Actually, there is a fence that borders AK or AKL, not sure which, that is how close you are to Disney property.
If I didn't own DVC ( which my mother purchased for us), I would NEVER stay onsite. The 3 bedrooms at OLCC have loads of room and I suspect you will have enough space with three children and 2 adults in a 2 bedroom.
Have a great time. If you have any specific questions, please let me know, I'll be happy to help.

They came up to our car as we were leaving and they were coming out of one of the first floor condos that we parked by. His name was Chris I do remember that. As I stated before this was a one time thing with the two stays that we did there. It was rather uncomfortable since we could not get rid of him until my husband got in the car and shut the door in his face. He continued to stand there as we pulled away. Later we got a letter under the door apologizing for his aggressiveness so that is one thing but it also proves that they clearly knew who we were by our license plate registered with the resort because not sure how else he would have known.
Ask for a Disney fireworks view. Several nights we came back and ate dinner on the porch watching the fireworks

They came up to our car as we were leaving and they were coming out of one of the first floor condos that we parked by. His name was Chris I do remember that. As I stated before this was a one time thing with the two stays that we did there. It was rather uncomfortable since we could not get rid of him until my husband got in the car and shut the door in his face. He continued to stand there as we pulled away. Later we got a letter under the door apologizing for his aggressiveness so that is one thing but it also proves that they clearly knew who we were by our license plate registered with the resort because not sure how else he would have known.
Ask for a Disney fireworks view. Several nights we came back and ate dinner on the porch watching the fireworks

Didn't say it never happened, just never happened in all the years I have owned there. That is just terrible.
We, too, can see the fireworks from our porch of our unit we own.
We are going the end of next month and can't wait to get out of this terrible, terrible snow!!!

Orange Lake Resort is owned by Holiday Inns so you know it will be well taken care of. Enjoy your vacation.

Unless ownership has changed Orange Lake was founded by Kemmons Wilson who founded Holiday Inn. We stayed there last September and it was great.

Hi, We stayed at Orange Lake last August in a 2 bedroom in West Village. The unit was huge and newly renovated. It was pristine. No problems at all. We were only asked twice about tours; at check-in and a phone call. We told them that our vacation time is too precious to waste and were not interested. Please do not call again and they didn't. We were not rude; just adament. They were nice about it and did not call again.
The West Village is about a 5 minute drive to River Island where the lazy river is. Or we could have walked to the West Village pools. A car is key to this resort if you want to enjoy all the amenities.

We really enjoyed this resort and would stay there again. Enjoy!

Thank you all so much. I really appreciate it.

I haven't stayed here, but my parents and brother and his family both have. We vacation with them frequently, often staying in codos/timeshares. They've both told me this is a great resort (huge), but nice units and tons to do.

My parents own a timeshare in Sedona, AZ and Orange Lake was on their list of condo they'd be happy to trade into on their upcoming trip this March. They are going to be staying at the Sheraton Vistana, just be cause this was immediately available and Orange Lake wasn't immediately available for the week they wanted via an RCI exchange.

I'm guessing you will be very happy with the resort. The resort gets great ratings and review on TUG2.net, the timeshare users group I belong to also.

Unless ownership has changed Orange Lake was founded by Kemmons Wilson who founded Holiday Inn. We stayed there last September and it was great.

Ownership changed. It is now owned by Holiday Inn.
We are owners at OLCC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter