Just booked my honeymoon

SnackyStacky

DIS Veteran
I just booked my fiancée's and my honeymoon. I am so excited! 10 nights at the Animal Kingdom Lodge next year September. I've never been there before.

IF Annual Passholder rates come out, I may switch to the Polynesian. That was my first choice, but it was just too expensive. I'm not at all disappointed with the Animal Kingdom Lodge, and may very well split my reservation and do both! :)

Any hints, tips, reviews, commentary, etc. of stays at the Animal Kingdom Lodge would be very much appreciated!

I can now do an excited dance and begin the IMMENSE fun of planning the rest of the trip. (Well, as much as that's possible anyway....we're going to take it REALLY slow and relax. We've done it commando, and now we're ready to just savor it)

I also have a question! I booked a Savannah room, but I just saw they also have deluxe savannah. What's the difference? Is the deluxe just concierge? Help! :)

Congrats.... you will LOVE Animal Kingdom Lodge!!!! It is definitely the place to relax!!!!

Congratulations! I've never stayed at either, but from what I understand you may have chosen the very best place to enjoy quiet and take things at a nice slow pace. The Poly seems much louder and hectic. From my visits to both the tranquility at AKL would make it a great place to Honeymoon!

SnackyStacky:

Just noticed your signature. Congratulations on your weight loss -- impressive. Of course, congratulations are also offered for your upcoming nuptuals.

Take care,
FunFamily

Congratulations Dan!!

On our last trip to WDW, my brother and his family stayed at AKL while we stayed at the Poly. We both decided that on a future trip, we were going to do a split stay because we both LOVED both resorts so much!!!!!

Have a GREAT time!!!

Laura (who grew up just 10 minutes south of Buffalo)

PS You picked a perfect Honeymoon spot!!! We were married in WDW and honeymooned there as well.

Well, I'm already obsessing!

I changed my reservation from Savannah View to Deluxe Savannah view. I figured out the answer to my question myself, and I really wanted the bigger room size.

Why am I even posting this?? Like anybody cares! But thanks everybody for the good wishes! :teeth:

Congratulations! AKL and Disney are a wonderful place to honeymoon!

As you already figured out, the deluxe rooms are slightly larger and some have a day bed for a 5th person (not that you care about that). As I recall, the rooms are approximately 50-60 square feet larger, and I believe they're higher up. We were on second floor, savannah view and happened to like being very close to the animals, but each view has it's advantages. They do NOT include concierge service, but have read that concierge at AKL is exceptional. We'd like to try it for a couple nights just to be able to book the safari at AK.

We just stayed at AKL for our honeymoon last month. It's beautiful there- you'll love it. There are many quiet, romantic places throughout the resort. Have a great time!

Stick with the AKL. It is newer and you only have one Honeymoon. Go to the Poly on a Anniversary.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding.
also on your weight loss.
July:)

Hey you with that 34 inch waist! Congrats on booking the honeymoon!

Like someone else mentioned, I would split the stay between AKL and the Polynesian. Ahhh, the Polynesian. Think of those torch lit strolls along the beach with the castle doing the "kiss goodnight" across the lagoon. What could be more romantic? Sure beats looking at some giraffe butt off your balcony!:p (just teasing - but as you can tell from my board name, I'm a big Polynesian fan!)

Have a great trip wherever you stay!

Hi Dan!

Congratulations! You made a great choice on your honeymoon resort. We just came back from our AKL honeymoon two weeks ago and really miss it. We had a king savanna room (we got upgraded from our standard view room at check in) and the resort was just incredible. I'll attach links to my resort honeymoon review at AKL and our restaurant review (We ate in all of the AKL restaurants, so take a look if you plan on eating there often!) Hope this helps and I'd be happy to help with any questions you may have.

Resort: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=423041

Restaurants: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=424779

Congrats to you!!!
I'm sure you will have a wonderful time staying at AKL!!!

Now stop that obsessing!!!! Or you'll drive yourself crazy!!:crazy:

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage and honeymoon!!! I think AKL will be awesome for a honeymoon!!!!! :) We had an awesome time there this past Feb. It is a very peaceful, quiet and soothing resort. I think it would be perfect for a honeymoon. We loved their pool area too and their restaurants are wonderful. Plus we found the staff here very friendly. Enjoy and have fun planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter