• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Booked My First Solo Trip!!!

MunkyMe13

DIS Veteran
So I just booked my first solo trip! I will be at DL from Dec 27th- Dec 31st!! My DH is going to be hiking with the guys from work to the bottom of the Grand Canyon. They did it last year but only for 4 days and I was stuck at work and home bored and worried. :surfweb: So this year I told him if he wanted to do it again I had be occupied... So he suggested that I go to DL for the week! :banana: I booked my tickets and vacation package last night!!! I am so stoked!! :cool1:

So any tips or tricks I should know for a solo trip? I have friends out that way so I don't think I will be totally alone. But still...

Thanks in advance!!
Sarah

Use the Single Rider lines. You an find the list at disneyland.com. You'll have a lot more time in the parks since you never have to wait for anyone else so see the small shows that you want to and take lots of pictures.

Use the Single Rider lines. You an find the list at disneyland.com. You'll have a lot more time in the parks since you never have to wait for anyone else so see the small shows that you want to and take lots of pictures.

Awesome! I usually take a ton of pics with my hub so I'll get to take more of the phones I want... lol... I am probably also going to bring the mini cam and video some of the shows :)

The beauty of traveling solo is that you can do things your way. I've yet to find anyone who can keep up with me at Disney. I did my first solo trip last year, and I did it my way- first person through the gates, walking briskly with purpose down Main Street, first person on Peter Pan, etc. I didn't slow down until they kicked me out.

What's your style? What are the things you've always wanted to see or do? This might mean speeding up the pace...or it might mean slowing down to smell the roses- or maybe a bit of both.

However you do it, you'll have a great time!

It is so fun to go solo to DL since you will be able to do all the things you want to do without anyone else. I have done it a couple of times at both parks and I like to take pictures and videotape the rides and shows when I am solo. Just like what skiingfast said that using the single rider line is a huge saver in being in the line.

I'm going to DL solo in a couple of weeks, and can't wait to go! It sounds like you've got one prince of a hubby to let you go to DL solo and go play without him. Take advantage of the single rider lines and fastpasses. Take tons of pics and have a great trip!

You will be there for my birthday!!!!! I am jealous.
Have fun, I have never gone to DLR alone, but once I purchase my AP and move to Southern Cali I am sure I will have MANY solo trips!!
With single rider lines you will practicially walk on a few of the rides! & without having to worry about what the other people with you wanna do, you can just take it easy, do whatever rides you want, watch the shows, relax a bit, and just have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter