Just Booked My First RCC (Freedom of the Seas)

Chrissy-Mickey

DIS Veteran
Unexpectedly, we just booked our first Royal Caribbean cruise after 5 with DCL and 1 each with Carnival, Celebrity, and Holland America. It's a Thanksgiving cruise from San Juan on the Freedom of the Seas. We did this without much research so I'll be browsing the forums.

We're with 4 adults, who love DCL and like Holland America (except for the entertainment). We were not happy with Carnival and Celebrity (service, food, and entertainment).

The itinerary is awesome (southern Caribbean), and the price was great. We're curious to learn more about the entertainment on the ship and what to expect from the food available.

We always avoided Freedom as its out of San Juan (no friendly flights for us)....but it's coming to NYC summer of 2021 so we have it booked now. Can't wait. We were on Indy and really liked her, and Freedom is currently in dry docked getting amped. So you should enjoy! Royal is a great cruise line and will be interesting for you to compare. You'll have to report back what you think.

My son and I did Freedom twice before it was updated (before they added waterslides) and had a lot of fun both times. This was when it was out of Fort Lauderdale. It was a great ship, we really enjoyed it. A nice size, not too big but it had a nice layout and everything we wanted. We ate in the MDR all nights but one, we ate at the Mexican place and had a good meal. They were very accommodating of my son (it was his 8th birthday and all he really wanted was nachos), We ate at Johnny Rockets once for lunch which was good as well, kiddo got hooked on the milkshakes which we got to go a couple times after (not sure if they still do that?).

we were on Freedom last August with this itinerary. And it was wonderful. We really had a great time.

Freedom is my favorite ship! I've been on her four times. I was gutted when they moved her to San Juan. The Flow Rider is a blast and the Ice Show is amazing. The other shows, Once Upon a Time and Marquee are good, but they have been on the ship now for 8 years so hopefully they will revamp those soon. I believe they just added a Playmakers Sports Bar and Hibachi to Izumis. I have enjoyed both of those on other ships so I am sure they will be awesome on the Freedom. My kids thought it was the best kids club in the fleet.

The Freedom is great! We did a multi-generational family cruise a few years ago when she still sailed out of Port Canaveral. You chose a great ship and I’ve been eyeing a southern Caribbean itinerary, too.

We'll be sailing the S. Caribbean itinerary on Freedom this summer. I'll be sure to report back with the highlights and comparisons for all the Disney-philes considering it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter