• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Just booked my first cruise!

NY Disney fan

DIS Veteran
I went with Dreams Unlimited and I have NEVER booked a vacation so far in advance! How do you cope with the anticipation and the nerves of waiting that long? My cruise is 18 months away.

No advice on how to cope - I'm wondering the same thing :) Just booked our first Disney Cruise through Dreams Unlimited and we now wait 16 months. I think DH is nervous about the amount of planning I can do in that window...

Think of it as 18 months you get to use disboarders for research assistance!

I went with Dreams Unlimited and I have NEVER booked a vacation so far in advance! How do you cope with the anticipation and the nerves of waiting that long? My cruise is 18 months away.

Disboards & Fish Extender Gifts! We just returned a week ago and I'm already planning for the end of next year.

I remember the anticipation of our first DC many years ago! :cloud9: Enjoy the planning, researching, etc...& don't forget to start your packing list! LOL! :rotfl2:

Congrats :woohoo: on booking your first DC & welcome to the DCL family! You will be addicted now! Also, save for your deposit so you can book cruise #2 while onboard for the discount & OBC popcorn::

Congrats on booking your first cruise. We just did our first one too today. I was planning mine 6 months before today just in anticipation. Now I can get into the real nitty gritty since I have a date and itinerary. :cool1:

Yeah, I don't think i will ever book one this far in advance again. the anticipation just killed me (well, we had other vacations planned which is the only reason it made it bearable). Im taking December off, and then after christmas break i'll have 2 weeks to finish packing and make/buy our fish extenders and gifts.

Ha I just posted that on FB... yay cruise is booked.. bad news..17months away. This is our 2nd Disney Cruise. LOTS of time to plan. We had this mcuh time for our 1st cruise. Honestly it was great. I was SOOO informed that I didnt feel like we missed out on anything! I was VERY well informed for a 1st time Dis cruiser. Happy planning!

I'm in the same boat (no pun intended!). Our cruise is January 2014. I booked on my own this morning, but have a hold through DU for the same price and a cabin just 3 away from where I am already booked, so I'm cancelling my own ressie and booking through DU to get the OBC. We can't go sooner then we are due to dh's work schedule, so wait I will!

(I may need a trip to DL to hold me over, though)

We booked our first cruise today as well in June 2014. I am with you, it is soooo far away and the questions are flying. Did we book the right room? Are we going to like it? Can't wait!!!! By the way, we booked a navigators verandah, hopefully we will like it as it was 350 bucks cheaper than the verandah room.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter