just booked my first cruise

crabbie1

DIS Veteran
Had to share with you all that I have just booked my first DC.Going on 13 november 4 night bahama. Booked a 9AGTY-What does this mean?The other outside rooms were more money but dont plan on spending too much time in the room anyway.Can anyone tell me what deck these are on and also is there a trip onshore where we can swim with dolphins? Was going to do disc cove but may try and do on the cruise if possible.Your hints and tips have been soooooooooooo ueseful thankyou all for helping me decide-bank balance now in for a shock:scared1:

Had to share with you all that I have just booked my first DC.Going on 13 november 4 night bahama. Booked a 9AGTY-What does this mean?The other outside rooms were more money but dont plan on spending too much time in the room anyway.Can anyone tell me what deck these are on and also is there a trip onshore where we can swim with dolphins? Was going to do disc cove but may try and do on the cruise if possible.Your hints and tips have been soooooooooooo ueseful thankyou all for helping me decide-bank balance now in for a shock:scared1:

Congratulations! It'll be fun.

A 9A GTY means you are guaranteed of getting assigned a room that is at least Category 9A, deluxe oceanview, or better. Better could be a Family oceanview or even possibly a verandah room, depending on how the room assignments come out. We have a 9A room booked on our 1st Dream cruise. They are located at the front or back of the ship on decks 6 and higher. Rooms are generally assigned around the 45 day mark, but could be sooner or later.

There is a dolphin excursion in Nassau. It's a bit pricey, but I think it's cheaper than disc. cove.

Thankyou so much for clarifying the gty bit. I wanted an inside cabin for the virtual porthole but for a cheaper price this seemed better because of the room size.Lots of planning to do.Will have a look at dolphin experience on nassau.Seaworld are doing a good deal for discovery cove if you are a passport member saving a lot of money.Off now to have alook at the rooms and locations.Not worried where we are placed.Glad we are on a higher deck though.

Congrats on booking your first cruise! :yay:

Princess Bette princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter