Just booked, crazy high prices, snap, talk about inflation!

Presentation

DIS Veteran
We have two existing reservations.

Disney Dream pre-existing reservation:
Using a existing dummy date reservation we booked the Disney Dream as soon as it opened April 15 2010. We have had a April 1 2012 4 night Disney Dream 4D Veranda for family of 5 booked for $3294.25. This includes all taxes, no insurance, and no transfers and was booked with a 10% onboard discount + $200 onboard credit. We booked a dummy date then moved to this date the first day it was out. So 4 nights/5 people/veranda/spring break 2012. Let’s call it $164.71 per person per day.

Disney Magic booked as soon as it opened April 7 2011:
With our other existing reservation I just moved it to the just released March 30 2012 Magic 7 night Western Caribbean cruise, category 4B. Again we are using a 10% booked onboard dummy reservation and being a 7 night cruise we get a $350 onboard credit, more than the above because it’s a longer cruise. So 7 nights/5 people/veranda/spring break 2012. With all taxes like above, no insurance, no transfers, $8044.65. WOW, much higher than I had hoped. This is $229.85 per person per day .

I had hoped the Magic would have come in at around $165 per person per day. We have sailed on the Magic for this cost per person per day in a category 4 veranda 3 times at or below this price point.

We have no need to rush to a decision. We will let both reservations just sit for now and in the coming days make a decision then move one reservation out as far as possible for our 2013 cruise dummy date. In my mind I am leaning toward keeping the Dream reservation then adding a few Disney World park days before the cruise, making the total length of either vacation the same.

We have two existing reservations.

Disney Dream pre-existing reservation:
Using a existing dummy date reservation we booked the Disney Dream as soon as it opened April 15 2010. We have had a April 1 2012 4 night Disney Dream 4D Veranda for family of 5 booked for $3294.25. This includes all taxes, no insurance, and no transfers and was booked with a 10% onboard discount + $200 onboard credit. We booked a dummy date then moved to this date the first day it was out. So 4 nights/5 people/veranda/spring break 2012. Let’s call it $164.71 per person per day.

Disney Magic booked as soon as it opened April 7 2011:
With our other existing reservation I just moved it to the just released March 30 2012 Magic 7 night Western Caribbean cruise, category 4B. Again we are using a 10% booked onboard dummy reservation and being a 7 night cruise we get a $350 onboard credit, more than the above because it’s a longer cruise. So 7 nights/5 people/veranda/spring break 2012. With all taxes like above, no insurance, no transfers, $8044.65. WOW, much higher than I had hoped. This is $229.85 per person per day .

I had hoped the Magic would have come in at around $165 per person per day. We have sailed on the Magic for this cost per person per day in a category 4 veranda 3 times at or below this price point.

We have no need to rush to a decision. We will let both reservations just sit for now and in the coming days make a decision then move one reservation out as far as possible for our 2013 cruise dummy date. In my mind I am leaning toward keeping the Dream reservation then adding a few Disney World park days before the cruise, making the total length of either vacation the same.

If you have not done so yet could you please (if you want) post you prices into the price thread stickies at the top of the forum....thanks.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter