Just booked BLT!

Moonstorm

Mouseketeer
I am a new DVC member and just booked a trip for 4/30 - 5/8 at BLT! We got a 2 bedroom villa with a M view! :cool1:

I have already begun planning but I need a bit of help.

I already realize it's cheaper for us to just purchase base park hopper tickets for the dates we will be in WDW - they seem reasonable online at the official Disney website - actually cheaper than on the AAA website - what the heck :confused3
Are there any other trustworthy places I can look for good deals?

Dining - no dining plan for us, we figure we'll eat breakfast in the room and have a table service meal around 4-6 pm. What about 'lunch' though? What do you guys do?

I couldn't see the FAQ page on the Disney website for some reason so, can you book the magical express even if you're not purchasing a vacation package?

Family Disney Vacations

[url=" http:=]
1272610781.jpg
[/url]

depending on our plans,either eat lunch in parks before heading to resort during crowd rush,or eat lunch in condo,we take full advantage of ``home`` and do our normal weekly shopping off site

I am a new DVC member and just booked a trip for 4/30 - 5/8 at BLT! We got a 2 bedroom villa with a M view! :cool1:

Congrats!

I have already begun planning but I need a bit of help.

I already realize it's cheaper for us to just purchase base park hopper tickets for the dates we will be in WDW - they seem reasonable online at the official Disney website - actually cheaper than on the AAA website - what the heck :confused3
Are there any other trustworthy places I can look for good deals?

AAA usually has good prices - I'd be surprised if you were getting cheaper prices through Disney. Are you sure you're comparing exactly the same tickets? Another great way to get them is through Undercover Tourist, a very reputable and authorized ticket seller. If you sign up for the Mousesavers monthly newsletter (www.mousesavers.com), each newsletter has a link for additional savings off Undercover Tourist tickets. I saved $30 each off our tickets, and they arrived with free shipping!

You should also think about when you'll be back to WDW. It may end up cheaper for you to get an annual pass with the DVC discount ($389 plus tax for adults).

Dining - no dining plan for us, we figure we'll eat breakfast in the room and have a table service meal around 4-6 pm. What about 'lunch' though? What do you guys do?

I guess it depends on how early you eat breakfast. We tend to eat just some breakfasts in our room and do ~2 buffets each trip. On those days we'll eat a light lunch (maybe just a sandwich or even a bowl of cereal). We rarely eat dinner out before 7pm, though. When we eat dinner in our room, it's usually earlier, though.

Our typical kitchen plan is that the first or second night we make a big batch of spaghetti and a batch of seasoned ground beef for tacos, burritos, taco salad. Then we can have that for dinner or lunch. That way it's really easy to just throw together a taco or 2 for lunch if we want.

We're AP holders, so we're able to purchase Tables in Wonderland, a discount card that provides 20% off virtually all table service meals, including alcohol. We find this works better for us than the dining plan - we tend to prefer sharing an appetizer over each of us having desserts. The card is now $75 for AP holders (we got it when it was $60) and is good for about 13 months (we bought ours 11/19/08 and it expires 12/31/09). We paid for ours in 2 meals last November (Jiko and California Grill)! It doesn't include most of the Downtown Disney restaurants, but we rarely eat there anyway, and the ones that do interest us also offer an AP (or perhaps it's a DVC?) discount.

I couldn't see the FAQ page on the Disney website for some reason so, can you book the magical express even if you're not purchasing a vacation package?

Yes, Member Services can arrange Magical Express for you.

Family Disney Vacations

1272610781.jpg
[/url]

[/QUOTE]

Congrats!

AAA usually has good prices - I'd be surprised if you were getting cheaper prices through Disney. Are you sure you're comparing exactly the same tickets? Another great way to get them is through Undercover Tourist, a very reputable and authorized ticket seller. If you sign up for the Mousesavers monthly newsletter (www.mousesavers.com), each newsletter has a link for additional savings off Undercover Tourist tickets. I saved $30 each off our tickets, and they arrived with free shipping!

You should also think about when you'll be back to WDW. It may end up cheaper for you to get an annual pass with the DVC discount ($389 plus tax for adults).

I guess it depends on how early you eat breakfast. We tend to eat just some breakfasts in our room and do ~2 buffets each trip. On those days we'll eat a light lunch (maybe just a sandwich or even a bowl of cereal). We rarely eat dinner out before 7pm, though. When we eat dinner in our room, it's usually earlier, though.

Our typical kitchen plan is that the first or second night we make a big batch of spaghetti and a batch of seasoned ground beef for tacos, burritos, taco salad. Then we can have that for dinner or lunch. That way it's really easy to just throw together a taco or 2 for lunch if we want.

We're AP holders, so we're able to purchase Tables in Wonderland, a discount card that provides 20% off virtually all table service meals, including alcohol. We find this works better for us than the dining plan - we tend to prefer sharing an appetizer over each of us having desserts. The card is now $75 for AP holders (we got it when it was $60) and is good for about 13 months (we bought ours 11/19/08 and it expires 12/31/09). We paid for ours in 2 meals last November (Jiko and California Grill)! It doesn't include most of the Downtown Disney restaurants, but we rarely eat there anyway, and the ones that do interest us also offer an AP (or perhaps it's a DVC?) discount.

Yes, Member Services can arrange Magical Express for you.

Family Disney Vacations

1272610781.jpg
[/url]

[/QUOTE]

Wow - thank you Tara, for all the info!

I know it's weird but this is what I read on ticket prices: the Disney website shows an 8 day adult park hopper pass at $289
On the AAA website it shows a retail price of $307.79
and the member price is $295.50

Disney:
Picture12.png

AAA:
Picture13.png

Am I looking at it wrong? it's been known to happen! LOL

Wow - thank you Tara, for all the info!

I know it's weird but this is what I read on ticket prices: the Disney website shows an 8 day adult park hopper pass at $289
On the AAA website it shows a retail price of $307.79
and the member price is $295.50

Am I looking at it wrong? it's been known to happen! LOL[/QUOTE]

That's odd - I have no explanation for that! Does the AAA price include tax? The Disney price does not and is $307.79 with tax.

The Undercover Tourist price is $290.95 with tax.

That's odd - I have no explanation for that! Does the AAA price include tax? The Disney price does not and is $307.79 with tax.

The Undercover Tourist price is $290.95 with tax.

Ahhhh, that may be it! The tax! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter