Just Booked Art of Animation!

SnowhiteHeather

Earning My Ears
This will be my first time in a value resort! I hope it's as good as the deluxe and moderate. I am not a fan really of moderate, but it is my life goal to stay in every Disney hotel.
I have booked the Little Mermaid room for a girls birthday. 4 adults!
I was hoping someone could give me some tips and perks about this hotel. =D Only 2 weeks to wait!
pixiedust:
Thanks!

This will be my first time in a value resort! I hope it's as good as the deluxe and moderate. I am not a fan really of moderate, but it is my life goal to stay in every Disney hotel.
I have booked the Little Mermaid room for a girls birthday. 4 adults!
I was hoping someone could give me some tips and perks about this hotel. =D Only 2 weeks to wait!
pixiedust:
Thanks!

You didn't say, but with four adults I hope you booked more than one room. The Mermaid rooms are kinda small.

If you are expecting the same kind of amenities you get at a Deluxe, you'll probably be disappointed. They have big statues of the characters on each area of the resort. Also, they have a pretty good food court in the main building.

I stayed in a Mermaid room last December. I enjoyed the resort. If you resolve now to not compare it too much to the Deluxes, you'll enjoy it as well.

Hi, the decorations in these rooms are beautiful!

The funny part was when I went to open what I thought was a dresser drawer, and it turned out to be a door leading to the mini-fridge! :rotfl2:

I stayed there solo and found the room to be a bit small, so I think it would be really crowded with four adults in one room. If you can, I'd suggest splitting into two groups of two and getting a second room.

Enjoy the theming!

Hi, the decorations in these rooms are beautiful!

The funny part was when I went to open what I thought was a dresser drawer, and it turned out to be a door leading to the mini-fridge! :rotfl2:

I stayed there solo and found the room to be a bit small, so I think it would be really crowded with four adults in one room. If you can, I'd suggest splitting into two groups of two and getting a second room.

Enjoy the theming!

It's only one night since we are passholders and just live an hour away so the small room wont be terrible since we wont be in the room all that much. So it's different buildings like port orleans? I thought it was one building. hmm

It's only one night since we are passholders and just live an hour away so the small room wont be terrible since we wont be in the room all that much. So it's different buildings like port orleans? I thought it was one building. hmm

Yes, it is different buildings. The Lion King, Nemo, and Cars family suites each have a separate building. The Mermaid rooms are another separate building. Then there is another building that has the lobby, gift shop, arcade and food court.

It looks big if you look at a map of the property, but it's not that bad. To get from Mermaid to the main building, you have to walk past the Lion King area.

As long as you don't compare the 2 ( meanin AoA and a Deluxe ) you'll be fine. Even this type of Value Resort ( meaing all suites ) if doing to have a completly different feel from a Deluxe.

AoA is also extremely popular with families so expect lots and lots of kids.

Wild4Walt said:
As long as you don't compare the 2 ( meanin AoA and a Deluxe ) you'll be fine. Even this type of Value Resort ( meaing all suites ) if doing to have a completly different feel from a Deluxe.

AoA is also extremely popular with families so expect lots and lots of kids.

We r going to all.sports is it good

Only a week to go! I am excited to be in this pool all day. I dont mind the millions of kids. Otherwise I wouldn't be obsessed with Disney ;) We are going to Epcot and Mickeys not so scary Halloween party. This will be like my 5th one. I LOVE IT!

Our mini trip was good! The Little Mermaid room was soo cute! It was small for 4 adults but not terrible for just one night. For my first stay in a value resort I was impressed, however I don't think 14 hours at Disney is good for my feet haha. MNSSHP was amazing as usual! So much candy! =D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter