Just booked another trip ... ummmm ... not sure how to tell DH

Disney127

DIS Veteran
I just booked a 2016 Easter trip for DD (13) and myself. Usually, DH knows when we are planning these trips but for some reason, I didn't know how to mention this little trip to him. :oops: Maybe because we are already going in July and December of this year? :-) I had to make a quick decision since we are using points for our flights. I am very lucky that DH lets me enjoy these DL trips with DD - he is not a big Disney fan, he only goes for the family (or so he says) :) It has been many years since we been at DL in March, we know that it will be busy but DD and I just go with the flow. Looking forward to seeing all the trees and flowers in the spring time!

My DH is the same way. He doesn't have an AP this year, so he's always like 'When are you guys going again?'

I think I'd just say 'Did I tell you we're going again for Easter?'

Can you give him a easter gift for a "guy getaway" like a stay in a hotel with golf? That way he isnt' left out of something fun and you both get to do something you enjoy (I'm assuming he likes golf??)

I'm having the same issue @Disney127! I'm in the early stages of planning a girls only trip for Jan. 2017 and it just never seems to come up in conversation! I don't think he will mind not going (he is not nearly as obsessed as me and my DS) but my son sure will! I think I'm going to just plan a couple days in Moab for them.........Maybe then, they'll forgive me?

I'm another in the boat with husbands that are just not that into Disney. When the late May trip suddenly popped up right after my Easter trip, I just kind of casually brought it into the conversation. Just as an, "Oh, by the way...". He never remembers details anyway, so it's not a huge deal. As long as I figure out how to pay for it (still working on that one!), he doesn't really care. He just looks at it as a vacation from the wife and daughter!

See, the way we work it in our house, his income is for most of our bills and mine is for a few bills, but I pay for all vacation activities with my "bonus money" from working summer school (I'm a teacher). So, my husband can't be mad at me when I book our 5th Disney vacation of the year because he put me in charge of vacations. He isn't a huge Disney fan, but since he's with family having fun, he doesn't care.

My husband does get a little annoyed when I talk TOO much about the trip ahead of time, but he's not a planner like I am. However, he DOES have a good time when we go to the parks and I have everything that we're doing pretty well figured out, haha.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:can you send him a snapshot of you and DD in the park?? :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Great idea! :D

My DH is the same way. He doesn't have an AP this year, so he's always like 'When are you guys going again?'

I think I'd just say 'Did I tell you we're going again for Easter?'

We also have APs so he does know that we try to go at least twice within a year's time. I think that I will say that but just waiting for the right time.

I guess I am very lucky, my DH loves going as much as I do!

Yes, you are very lucky! :-) I am also very lucky that I have my DD who is Disney obsessed like me! We like to go on annual trips to DL which has now turned into semi-annual trips. DH and other DD could only handle bits of Disney.

Can you give him a easter gift for a "guy getaway" like a stay in a hotel with golf? That way he isnt' left out of something fun and you both get to do something you enjoy (I'm assuming he likes golf??)

Good idea about getting him something that he would enjoy - DH is a fisherman though he does go golfing too. :fish:

Convince him that you did tell him and he just forgot. He needs to go to Disney to stay young!

I can tell him when he is in the middle of watching the Stanley Cup playoffs! :listen:

I'm having the same issue @Disney127! I'm in the early stages of planning a girls only trip for Jan. 2017 and it just never seems to come up in conversation! I don't think he will mind not going (he is not nearly as obsessed as me and my DS) but my son sure will! I think I'm going to just plan a couple days in Moab for them.........Maybe then, they'll forgive me?

Disney trips are usually for DD (13) and myself so DH doesn't really mind us going without him. DH would rather go camping or sailing so we have those planned for the summer too. This way, we can still have our family vacations.

I'm another in the boat with husbands that are just not that into Disney. When the late May trip suddenly popped up right after my Easter trip, I just kind of casually brought it into the conversation. Just as an, "Oh, by the way...". He never remembers details anyway, so it's not a huge deal. As long as I figure out how to pay for it (still working on that one!), he doesn't really care. He just looks at it as a vacation from the wife and daughter!

Yeah, my hubby is like that too. He will just probably give me the look and shake his head. He just doesn't really understand how much I love Disneyland! :rolleyes:

See, the way we work it in our house, his income is for most of our bills and mine is for a few bills, but I pay for all vacation activities with my "bonus money" from working summer school (I'm a teacher). So, my husband can't be mad at me when I book our 5th Disney vacation of the year because he put me in charge of vacations. He isn't a huge Disney fan, but since he's with family having fun, he doesn't care.

DH doesn't really mind us going to DL but he does wonder why we go so often. And I tell him that since I have a stressful job, DL is my happy place.

My husband does get a little annoyed when I talk TOO much about the trip ahead of time, but he's not a planner like I am. However, he DOES have a good time when we go to the parks and I have everything that we're doing pretty well figured out, haha.

My DH does enjoy himself when he join us on our trips but I try not to talk too much Disney to him beforehand. :mic: It's not like he doesn't care, it's just too much for him to comprehend! o_O

If I lived close enough to Disneyland to work there, I would! I'd LOVE to work for Disney, tbh. I admire them very much as a company.

If I could make another 50% and still call AZ my primary residence I'd totally move tomorrow.

Even if we can't move closer to DL, I would be totally happy even if we can drive but we are over 1500 miles away. And not too many cheap flights from Canada for the times that we want to go. :sad1:

We just got back a week ago last Thursday. we had a friend come with us.. as my husband and friend were hugging goodbye.. she said.. it wouldnt have been the same without me.. now would it? (we surprised my husband and son with her coming) and he said not at all... we will have to do it again next year.!!! lol crazy man... he is not a crazy fan like my son and I , but he is the reason we have gone the last two years.. before that it was always me setting it up..!!

I completely understand your dilemma. I felt like this when I decided to renew my AP. I was a bit skiddish to tell him because I am a bit obsessed with Disney. I like you, have a stressful job & going to Disney takes me to another place & helps me relax. I didn't tell him right away not because he would be mad but because he's not much of a Disney fan like me & DD are & kinds thinks we spend too many Ch time at Disney. Also, I bring in more income than he does so, my thoughts are that I should be able to spend some money I earn on the things that make me happy. I did start planning some getaway's him & the boys to me more fair. They went to Warner Bros Studio Tour weekend trip when they had the Batman exhibit as he's a Batman fan. He's also a NASCAR fan & I'm not much of a fan so, I made sure to get him & the boys NASCAR tickets & also Monster Jam tickets. So, I think doing stuff like that is fair. I mean you should both be able to do things you both want to do. Good luck telling DH. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter