• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

just booked an April 2004 trip w/AAA

disneyisfun

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Just wanted to know if anyone has booked through AAA before..for their cruise. I booked a CAT 6 Family Stateroom at what seems like an excellent deal. This will be our first cruise as a family and a first cruise on the Disney wonder.

Can't wait...we are booked in room 8556 has anyone ever stayed there?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Hi.. I booked thru AAA of Tidewater for my September cruise. I tried several TA and on-line travel sites. I really liked the service I got from my TA at AAA. Everything seemed so easy. I have no other experience with cruise reservations so for me this was easy. Good luck. I know you get free mugs which was nice.

disneyisfun -
yes we have (twice). We received awesome rates from AAA
for this past July for our Category 6 staterooms. We saved
600-700 per adult over the DCL rates! The deals was so great that our cruise mates from New England also booked through our AAA agent. As it turned out, Mid Atlantic AAA had better rates than the New England AAA! go figure.
Both times we had nice welcome gifts waiting for us in our rooms from our agent. We plan to cruise again next summer and will absolutely use our local AAA office.

We have always booked through AAA in Florida, and have never had a welcome gift in our stateroom(s). :( What was the gift? Also, this November we will be getting the mugs, I was wondering if they were changing that for 2004???

As I was looking at my original post I realized I had put a CAT 6 when actually it is a CAT 4....that would make the room # correct anyway just wanted to clarify..the AAA ta did tell me about the mugs...how much do the kids mugs cost on the boat? Does anyone know?

I thought the kids mugs use to be cheaper than the adults ($28 vs $35), but now I have read that they are all the same price??? This if for the 7 day...

I booked through AAAmidatlantic and my total cruise was $1000 less than any ther place. Plus you get the soda mugs for everyone in your family, 4 in mine so I will save another $140. The mugs are $35 each for the 7-day.

Plus, on my confirmation it says One gift basket per stateroom. Whatever that means?

My expereience with AAA so far has been good.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Hi,

Just paid out deposit for our 5/1/2004 cruise this morning. AAA has been great. I had sooo many questions. I kept changing which cat I wanted to book...(connecting or inside & outside across the hall. My TA was fantastic.

We are also getting the mugs. The cost of the mugs is $35.00pp on the 7 night cruise. I think this is a pretty good deal. It will save us alot of money. $35.00 x 6 = 210.00. Not bad!!!

We are in cabins 2638 &2640. Has anyone ever stayed in these cabins???

You are sailing on my bday..have fun...My TA from AAA was very friendly and patient as well. On our 3 night cruise you only get the 2 kid's mugs though..maybe it is different for different cruises...I am not sure :confused:

Originally posted by disneyisfun
Hi,

Just wanted to know if anyone has booked through AAA before..for their cruise. I booked a CAT 6 Family Stateroom at what seems like an excellent deal. This will be our first cruise as a family and a first cruise on the Disney wonder.

Can't wait...we are booked in room 8556 has anyone ever stayed there?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

WOW! That's great...I didn' think you could get a CAT 6 stateroom on deck 8. I thought Deck 8 was for CAT 4 and above?
I hope I am not paying too much, I would love a CAT 6 family stateroom, but because I have 5 in my family, I am forced to go with a CAT 4.

What dates are you sailing? we will be on the 4/18/04 Wonder. The 4 day.

WHOOPSIES...I just read that you corrected yourself. Phew, I thought I was missing something about the DCL!

We are sailing on April 22, 2004....do you think a Cat 6 is a better deal? What deck would those be on?

It seems the regional AAA offices function very differently from eachother. As I mentioned we saved $1400 on two adults for
cat 6 from Mid Atlantic AAA. But the New England AAA office had no such deal at that time for our friends who were also travelling.
The first time we cruised our AAA agent had a nice note along with a framed picture of the ship and Disney pins. The second cruise we received a Disney towel (castaway club gift) and our AAA agent had a chilled bottle of sparkling cider along with a tray of various petit-fours (brownies, fudge, key lime tarts, etc). Plus there was a large, thin piece of white and dark chocolate that had the Disney ship drawn on it. We made short work of that!
As a note, when you go to pick up your AAA mugs on board,
also ask for the stickers for your KTTW card. They will give you both. We used the stickers the entire time, it saves you from having to carry your mugs around with you.
AAA also gave us nice tote bags that you could pack flat in your suitcase and fill up with souvenirs for the trip back. Bottom line is that we are very happy with Mid Atlantic AAA and will continue to use them.

We originally booked with AAA. I complained on the board and I got responses that many people had the same problems that I had experienced with them. They hardly ever returned my calls!! I got tired of it so I rebooked with All Seasons Travel (allseastravel.com) I've had wonderful service with them and they were even cheaper than AAA.

The ta from AAA was angry that I went somewhere else and said if I had a problem, I'd never be able to get it solved since they were so far away. Well, my ta from AAA was only 15 miles from me and I had nothing but problems with her.

All seas has always called me back or emailed me. I've spoken with the owner and he's great.

Just my two cents..I hope you have better luck than I did!

Enjoy your cruise!
Laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter