Just booked Akershus at Norway..........

paysensmom

DIS Veteran
My daughter LOVES Aurora, so I booked this for lunch on our day at Epcot! Do you have any tips or advice? What should she wear and is there anything special we should know going in? She won't even know we are eating with princesses until she sees them in there!! She is 4!

Thanks

My daughter LOVES Aurora, so I booked this for lunch on our day at Epcot! Do you have any tips or advice? What should she wear and is there anything special we should know going in? She won't even know we are eating with princesses until she sees them in there!! She is 4!

Thanks

We had a wonderful time there - we went for late breakfast - food was great. My only advice is not to promise Aurora as you're sitting there - we only saw her at CRT. We had Snow, Belle (greeter), Mary Poppins (princess?!), Mulan (princess?!), and Jasmine. It was a great breakfast, and is on our short list for when we go back.

We really enjoyed our meal here....and are going again next trip. The princesses are really friendly and will spend time chit-chatting w/your dd if she isn't too shy! There is also a photo package included w/this meal.....I think the photo is usually w/Belle. In addition to Belle, there are 4 more princesses that roam the dining room. We met Aurora, Mulan, Mary Poppins and Jasmine. We are hoping to meet Ariel this time!

There is a cold buffet (salads, etc) and a hot meal. You may want to review the menu, to get an idea of what will be served. I think the menu may seem a bit different to Americans, so if you have a picky eater in your bunch, check out the menu or do breakfast!!!

Your daughter will love it. Definately have her dress as Aurora. The princesses give a little extra attention if you are dressed like them. :) We hgave been twice and only for breakfast. But as another poster stated, aurora might not be there. We have only saw her once out of two times. But I am sure she will love the other princesses too.

Aurora is my DD6's favorite too. We are having breakfast at Akershus in a few short weeks. I ordered a pillowcase dress with Sleeping Beauty appliqued on the front on Ebay. My daughter knows nothing about it as it will be a Tinkerbell gift that morning! I can't wait to see her face! Even if she doesn't get to see Aurora that morning, the dress will be a hit with her!

Just don't promise Aurora. We had lunch there in December and she was not there. We saw Belle, Cinderella, Jasmine, Alice, and Ariel. If you don't catch Aurora there, she will be down by France in the afternoon for pictures. She is at the edge of the garden area by Les Chefs. My DD went to see her twice in that area and the line was short both days. Your daughter will love Akershus even if there is no Aurora!

we just got back from wdw, and did the princess breakfast at akershus. it was great!

most of the girls attending were dressed as one princess or another, and dresses are even sold from carts right outside the restaurant if your dd feels inappropriately dressed.

we had to wait a little while to be seated, and my dd (4) enjoyed running around in the norway area and playing with other little princesses.

we saw belle, snow white, aurora, cinderella and ariel. my daughter was beside herself with joy.

the professional photographers will take your pic with the greeter-princess (belle, for us), and then people will come up and give you a nicely framed 8x10, as well as 3 4x5s of the pic. they just gave us these, while other character breakfasts we attended charged up to 40 dollars for them.

enjoy!!
evi

We went for breakfast and while we had a great time and our daughter loved it, I didn't think the food was anything that great.

My daughter did wear a dress but she put it on when we were waiting to be seated and took it off as soon as we were done. It was way too hot and she thinks those dresses are too itchy anyway :)

The princesses were great though and spent a lot of time at the table. Despite having a great time, our daughter isn't totally into the princesses (she likes them but it isn't an end all be all) so we may skip it next time in favor of trying something else.

You'll have a great time though and your daughter will love it!

I do not know if you are doing lunch or breakfast, but read up on that lunch menu so you are prepared - it is very Norwegian food. (I personally like it, but grew up with it, so it is different).

Also, instead of Tinkerbelle gifts we did Aurora Gifts. I do not know if she is still around, but see if you can find donatalie's thread in the Creative Community she has some templates to assist you. DD still talks about the things "Aurora" bought her and we ill do the same this year too.

We saw Jasmine, Aurora, Ariel and Cinderella in the dining hall and were greeted by Belle.

It was really good :)

Amy

We have been twice and saw Aurora both times. Aurora is my oldest daughter's, who is 17 now, favorite. We have only been for breakfast so I cannot speak as to how the lunch food is but we love breakfast. The potato casserole is fabulous! Have a great trip!

Is it really that common to see Cinderella in Askershus for the Storybook Breakfast? I have noticed that two people said that they saw her there at breakfast. That would be cool if she were there...:goodvibes

We just returned last Friday. Had the breakfast buffet with the princesses and it was great food and the princesses spent time chatting and taking pics with our two DD's. We first met and had professional picture with Belle and then the 3 other princesses that came around were Aurora, Cinderella and Ariel. Hot breakfast consisted of cheesy hashbrowns, scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage. Cold buffet had the most awesome crumb topping muffins, salmon, cheese, fruit, biscuits, cinnamon rolls and other pastries. Well worth the $$ and personally, I thought it was much better than the Royal Table for what you get for the money.

I am so excited! She won't know until we get there and I will not be telling her Aurora may be there either. She keeps telling me that she is going to see Aurora at Disney World!! I have a 3:20, but I am calling three times a day in hopes that a late breakfast opens up!

We took our three little boys to Akershus a few years ago, mainly because I wanted to try the Norwegian food. When we told them we were going to a princess dinner, they reacted with a lot of moaning and griping, the kind of reaction we would expect if we told them they would be getting Barbie dolls for Christmas. But when those princesses started showing up at the the table, VOOM, you've never seen little boys move so fast. They were leaping out of their seats for a chance to stand next to pretty ladies and get their pictures taken.

We went last May, and had a great time! The food was very Norwegian..it was good, they made it to my specifications. Our greeter was Aurora, it seemed like there were a ton of princess, Ariel, Cinderella, Alice, Mulan and Jasmine. DD was dressed like Ariel, and Ariel spen a ton of time with her. She was so nice, my daughter was so excited, my avatar pic is of dd and ariel at the dinner, that was our best dinner.

In January, we went for dinner and had Aurora (greeter), then Ariel, Jasmine, Belle (in her blue dress) and Cinderella. Fortunately, we saw Snow White and Dopey in Germany before heading over to the dinner, b/c DD was dressed as Snow White!

She loved it, and even ate her dinner (which was something b/c every time she saw a character at a meal, she stopped eating!).

We loved the Dinner food there - YUMMY!.. Aurora was there in April when we went. We did the BBB before we went and and daughter wore her belle dress in our case - it is SO FUN - Enjoy

We loved the Dinner food there - YUMMY!.. Aurora was there in April when we went. We did the BBB before we went and and daughter wore her belle dress in our case - it is SO FUN - Enjoy

We did the BBB before we went too! That was the only location we were able to meet Ariel for the rest of the week, GR got us a ressie and it was the best spur of the moment decision, my daughter was soo happy. She still talks about Ariel telling her she can come swimming in the sea with her when she learns to swim.

I think that place had some of the best food in all of disney. We went there for Dinner our first night, and it really set the mood. Princesses were great! Have a great time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter