Just booked a OKW studio. Anyone have any OKW reviews or pics?

lonegungal17

Mouseketeer
I just booked OKW with free dining for next year.

Past guests at OKW, did you enjoy it? Where are the best rooms? How are the buses? Have any pics that I can drool over? :lmao:

Mel

Of all the resorts we have stayed in over many years, OKW is out favorite!

Old Key West is really nice. It's laid back and pretty but massive. Lots of bus stops within the resort. We had booked a studio the first time we stayed there but was upgraded to a one bedroom which was really, really nice. The next time we stayed at a studio it was a let down. But if we didn't have the comparison we would have enjoyed it a lot. And it's still spacious, has a kitchenette, and a nice bathroom.
You'll like it :)

DH and I stayed at a studio on OKW for 4 nights this past March and loved it because it was so peaceful and quiet, exactly what we were looking for. We asked for building 54 because it was right next to the quiet pool and bus stop and they put us on the second floor in that building. The only thing I did not like was the tiny tv

One thing that lots of people are not aware of is that OKW has very few elevators. Of the 49 buildings on the property, only three have elevators. They are all either two or three story buildings, so you'll have to take the stairs up to the second and third floors.

Go to the DIS Home above, and click on accommodations. It will take you to photos of each resort. Also, Allears.net has extensive photos and slide shows of all the resorts.

We've been members at OKW since '94. We love it there.
Pictures from May 2008. Some of the OKW room pics are on the second page of the gallery:
http://public.fotki.com/shadeaux/disneyworld/may2008/
May 2007:
http://public.fotki.com/shadeaux/disneyworld/may2007/
June 2004:
http://public.fotki.com/shadeaux/disneyworld/june2004/page2.html

The pictures are from a 2 BR lockoff. The second bedroom is what you'll get for a studio.

Off topic, but I LOVE your meerkat picture in the May 2008 gallery. I took a bunch of pics of them, but none were as good as yours!

And on topic, when are OKW rooms going to be refurbed??? I looked at your pics to see if there was anything new, and there wasn't.

Off topic, but I LOVE your meerkat picture in the May 2008 gallery. I took a bunch of pics of them, but none were as good as yours!

And on topic, when are OKW rooms going to be refurbed??? I looked at your pics to see if there was anything new, and there wasn't.

Thanks. Meerkats are easy to photograph because they stay in one position forever.;)

Not sure what refurbs you mean. As far as I know, all of the OKW units have been refurbed at least once if not more since we've joined in '94. They've definitely replaced appliances, furniture & carpet over the years.

OKW is our favorite resort when we're a party of 8. With 3 nieces under the age of 9 the 2br villa is wonderful! They are so spacious & comfortable! I enjoy the boat ride to DTD. Never had a problem with bus service either.

If you wnat to be close to the main pool and hospitality house you want to book hospitality category when you book otherwise you could be very far away from this area. It jus depends on what you want and who you are traveling with. We love the main pool so always stay close.

If you do find yourself 'very far' from 'everything', you can always take ANY bus from your closest stop to Hospitality House; it's the last stop on all routes except the Downtown Disney run.

Love OKW! I hope you will as well. The studios are big and the only ones to
have two queen beds. It's a beautiful and peaceful resort. :goodvibes

We absolutely love OKW! As far as the studio units, they are spacious and nice, but only going as a couple I prefer to have a couch to sit on instead of 2 beds. My DH prefers to stay in 1 BR units even with just the two of us. AP rates help a lot with that. Keep in mind that we spend quite a bit of down time at the resort, we don't park hop from morning till night. That's why we like to have the separate living room in the 1 BR. I have to admit that we really don't cook much in the kitchen, though. We do often have breakfast and it's great to have snacks on hand. I also like the real dishes, not paper plates for when we order in.

As far as the resort, it is beautiful! I have stayed in each area and there are good things about each of them. The main pool is nice and has music playing and is a fun atmosphere and has the sauna in the lighthouse. The quiet pools are quiet and peaceful. We have never had an issue with bus service. I enjoy walking and it is a great place for that. We also enjoy Olivia's and you can usually get in there without a long wait, depending on the time of year you go.

Have a great time! I'm sure you'll love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter