• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just booked a cruise that is less than 2 weeks away!

Christypl

Mouseketeer
Thanks to an awesome military rate I just booked a three day on the Dream leaving the 28th. I'm freaking out a bit with planning. Anyone ever done a trip like this? Pointers?

Congrats - sounds like fun! I've booked a sailing as little as 2 days before. As far as planning, don't worry about the short amount of time. Just plan your transport to and from the ship, and maybe pick your excursions, and don't worry about the rest. Just leave it unplanned. On such a short voyage, things are more or less planned for you, with each full day in a port, and evening shows and dinner at pre-arranged times without needing reservations. Just enjoy!

Congrats! We are on the same cruise. :good vibes I also booked just a few weeks ago with a VGT rate. It will be our first time on the Dream.

Congrats! My first cruise was booked about 3-4 days in advance and it was also on the Dream. :goodvibes

Just go with the flow! :hippie:

How fun! Once we fell in love with cruising, I started keeping a bin with all of the cruise essentials in it (FE, clothespins, collapsible laundry hamper, travel docs, etc) so it's always handy if I get the urge to take a last minute cruise ;) Good luck and have a great time!

AHH! How much fun! We booked about 2 or so weeks ago for the same sailing and I've been freaking out. This is our second time on the Dream. My advice for myself...pack half of what you think you will need.

Congrats - sounds like fun! .... As far as planning, don't worry about the short amount of time. Just plan your transport to and from the ship, and maybe pick your excursions, and don't worry about the rest. Just leave it unplanned. On such a short voyage, things are more or less planned for you, with each full day in a port, and evening shows and dinner at pre-arranged times without needing reservations. Just enjoy!

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: THIS!!! ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

Cruising at it's best ... stress free - and Hakuna Matata!!!

(and yes it's OK to be a little "Stepford Wife-ish" every now and again, they tell you where and when to be there ... just follow the rules ... should be easy ... Military)

We just did the same thing, only 43 days left to cruise! I usually book a year ahead, so this is last minute for us, but the timing was good. Have fun!

Wow, have fun. Pack fewer clothes and more money. A short cruise is easy to pack for; swimsuits and cover ups for the day along with dinner attire for the evening. For dinner pack 2 bottoms and a top for each evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter