• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just booked 8/31-9/5 WITH A DISCOUNT!

jeeptruck

Mouseketeer
Well...this was a total impulse booking! I saw that the Florida Resident Late Summer offer was valid for the campsites! The campsites never have a discount when I can go! Total for the trip was $42 per night or $236.25 after taxes
pixiedust:

I am not even 100% sure I can go but I am going to try my best! I didn't renew my AP since I am going to school, but the military 4 day park hoppers are still pretty cheap. I will probably also do a day at Universal Studios as well. I am starting grad school on 9/8 so I am kind of bummed that I will have to miss the MNSSHP/Halloween time. I am convincing myself I will have to do a long weekend to go to MVMCP as a consolation prize.

I'm happy for you jeeptruck. In these days of soaring resort rates, a 40-anything dollar Disney campsite is worth a shout. :dancer:

As for the keeping cool at that time of year, you'll have to deal with the heat and humidity - maybe spend some of your savings from the campsite on a portable AC? :teeth:

Bama Ed

I'm happy for you jeeptruck. In these days of soaring resort rates, a 40-anything dollar Disney campsite is worth a shout. :dancer:

As for the keeping cool at that time of year, you'll have to deal with the heat and humidity - maybe spend some of your savings from the campsite on a portable AC? :teeth:

Bama Ed

I have an old window unit...somewhere.. I am sure I could get that ting to blow cold air in to the tent somehow! AC is one of the reasons I want to upgrade to a larger Teardrop or hard sided popup like the Chalet

Well...this was a total impulse booking! I saw that the Florida Resident Late Summer offer was valid for the campsites! The campsites never have a discount when I can go! Total for the trip was $42 per night or $236.25 after taxes
pixiedust:

I am not even 100% sure I can go but I am going to try my best! I didn't renew my AP since I am going to school, but the military 4 day park hoppers are still pretty cheap. I will probably also do a day at Universal Studios as well. I am starting grad school on 9/8 so I am kind of bummed that I will have to miss the MNSSHP/Halloween time. I am convincing myself I will have to do a long weekend to go to MVMCP as a consolation prize.

Wow thank you for sharing. I just called about my reservations for 8/6-8/9 and they said the Florida Resident Rate did not apply to the Disney Campsites so you really got a good deal!

I did call about a resort reservation we have for Septemeber 11th Night of Joy and was able to upgrade to a better resort and save $12. So thank you very much for posting this info.

Wow thank you for sharing. I just called about my reservations for 8/6-8/9 and they said the Florida Resident Rate did not apply to the Disney Campsites so you really got a good deal!

I did call about a resort reservation we have for Septemeber 11th Night of Joy and was able to upgrade to a better resort and save $12. So thank you very much for posting this info.
The late summer offer runs 8/15-10/3 so your dates just fall outside the offer. There are a few different promotions right now so the CM was probably referring to the one that fits your window. The late summer offer most definitely includes the campsites (a rare treat)!

I have an old window unit...somewhere.. I am sure I could get that ting to blow cold air in to the tent somehow! AC is one of the reasons I want to upgrade to a larger Teardrop or hard sided popup like the Chalet

jeeptruck, I traded in my old trusty Jayco popup last year and got a "hard-sided folding trailer" because the wife and I will be empty nesters in a year and the new camper (an Aliner Expedition) is easier and quicker for me to handle by myself. The dealer I bought it at sold T@b trailers as well (the tear drop models you mentioned) but they felt claustrophobic inside - cute though. The Aliner, probably because of its higher ceiling, doesn't.

Chalet and Aliner are the two oldest names in the A-frame (hard-sided popup) market but the Forest River lines and Jayco/StarCraft have jumped in too the last few years. Chalets are made in Oregon, IIRC, or somewhere on the west coast so their shipping costs east make them less financially attractive here. The nearest Chalet dealer to Alabama is in Ohio! Aliners are made in Pennsylvania so shipping costs west make them less financially attractive there. So basically you have more Aliners and dealers in the eastern US and more Chalets and dealers in the western US. But obviously there are all kinds of trailers all over.

Here is the thread with pix of my Aliner from last year. http://www.disboards.com/threads/bama-ed-has-a-new-camper.3259749/

Interestingly, the dealer in NE Atlanta that I bought my Aliner from has a used Chalet for sale currently. http://www.southlandrv.com/georgia/atlanta/pop-up-camper.html

If you want to talk A-frames later let me know. :thumbsup2

Bama Ed

jeeptruck, I traded in my old trusty Jayco popup last year and got a "hard-sided folding trailer" because the wife and I will be empty nesters in a year and the new camper (an Aliner Expedition) is easier and quicker for me to handle by myself. The dealer I bought it at sold T@b trailers as well (the tear drop models you mentioned) but they felt claustrophobic inside - cute though. The Aliner, probably because of its higher ceiling, doesn't.

Chalet and Aliner are the two oldest names in the A-frame (hard-sided popup) market but the Forest River lines and Jayco/StarCraft have jumped in too the last few years. Chalets are made in Oregon, IIRC, or somewhere on the west coast so their shipping costs east make them less financially attractive here. The nearest Chalet dealer to Alabama is in Ohio! Aliners are made in Pennsylvania so shipping costs west make them less financially attractive there. So basically you have more Aliners and dealers in the eastern US and more Chalets and dealers in the western US. But obviously there are all kinds of trailers all over.

Here is the thread with pix of my Aliner from last year. http://www.disboards.com/threads/bama-ed-has-a-new-camper.3259749/

Interestingly, the dealer in NE Atlanta that I bought my Aliner from has a used Chalet for sale currently. http://www.southlandrv.com/georgia/atlanta/pop-up-camper.html

If you want to talk A-frames later let me know. :thumbsup2

Bama Ed

I would love to talk campers. I kind of like setting up "camp" so a tear drop with an ez-up doesn't sound horrible to me. I don't spend too much time at my campsites as I like to go places that have some kind of outdoor recreation. My schedule right now is also flexible enough to schedule around weather. Also the teardrop could easily be parked in my garage right now. But I do admit I like having the kitchen inside so I'm torn. I'm also deciding on a new car to buy. My current Jeep J-10 pickup while rated to tow quite a bit...I don't trust the old drum brakes without hydroboosting them and the thing gets so hot just sitting in traffic too long. It's a great play toy but I'm not willing to put the money in to it to make it a reliable tow right...that will get single digit mpg. So long story short I'm also at the same time looking at tow vehicles with decent mpg that aren't quite as big as a full size truck. Perhaps a used Jeep Cherokee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter