Just booked 7620 - Secret Verandah!

Admiral Boom

Always knows what time it is!
I just upgraded our room from Secret Porthole Room 5520 to Secret Verandah Room 7620. This is a Cat 5 for the price of a Cat 7. Has anyone stayed in this room?

:dance:

We have !
Great room Enjoy your cruise..

We have one booked for a future Cruise...

Peter

Does this room have a steamer trunk??? Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Where is the safety drill muster station?

Congrats!!! I have 7120 (accross the hall) for my next cruise.....

Admiral Boom said:
Does this room have a steamer trunk??? Is there anything else I should be aware of?

We had that room in April. I loved it and would book it again as soon as I can do another cruise. There is a steamer trunk and tons of storage. I think our muster station was down in a back corner of one of the restaurants. It looked really different with all the lights on. I remember that we went out a back exit and saw a lot of the "crew only" areas on the way back to our room. I'd taken a "less drowsy dramamine" just in case and that part of the day is a little foggy!

I'd like to book this for our next cruise. Did you have to book way in advance to get it?

I was originally in Secret Porthole 5520 for the 10/23 Wonder sailing which I booked into 11/15/04. I upgraded to 7620 last night (7/20/05) for the 10/23/05 sailing. Someone must have had it and dropped it.

We have 7620 booked for our cruise. I'm glad to hear there is lots of storage. I can't wait. :cool1:

Admiral Boom said:
I was originally in Secret Porthole 5520 for the 10/23 Wonder sailing which I booked into 11/15/04. I upgraded to 7620 last night (7/20/05) for the 10/23/05 sailing. Someone must have had it and dropped it.

I just upgraded to one of the secret verandah rooms on Deck 6...6134, for my October 29th cruise. I was shocked that it was available, but again, someone probably had it and then cancelled it.

"This is a Cat 7 for the price of a Cat 5."

I'm teasing. I think the poster meant a Cat 5 for the price of a Cat 7.

Admiral Boom said:

We stayed here in April too, its an awesome room!!
The muster drill is in AP.
Use the secret stairway into beach blanket/topsiderson deck 8 ( around the corner of the main aft stairs
check out the secret deck 7

logan1_2000 said:
"This is a Cat 7 for the price of a Cat 5."

I'm teasing. I think the poster meant a Cat 5 for the price of a Cat 7.

Boy I feel stupid now. :rotfl: :rotfl:

That is PRECISELY what I meant.

I just got 7620 for my 4 day Wonder Sept. 18th cruise.
I almost lost it and our 7 day land/cruise trip to.
TA call to swap rooms, and DCL gave us the room on the 3 day cruise and cancel the land/sea package
2 day later we had everything we wanted again, along with room 7620 :cool1:

Wrench

That's our cabin on the 8/28/05 Wonder! We booked it over 18 months ago, and the day after we paid off the reservation, I was checking the reservation online, and noticed that DCL upgraded our cabin to a Cat. 5, but right next to the elevators. I called right away and said that I wanted my cabin back! They said, sorry, but we can give you another Cat. 7. I was very upset, because I wanted MY Cat. 7 room that I had booked so long ago! Miraculously, they were able to get me my cabin back (probably by upgrading someone else, lol). I'll take a quieter location over the "higher" cabin anyday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter